open/close all folders
Voiced by: Dana Donlan
- Determinator: Deconstructed and then Reconstructed in "The Can-Do Kid". Sarah's absolute determination to master lateral dressage results in her overworking Scarlet passed the point of healthy. Predictably, Scarlet sprains her leg. Overcome with guilt, Sarah swears off the lateral dressage much to Scarlett's chagrin. However, when Sarah is forced to perform it to save her friends and succeeds, she learns that determination is a necessary trait in learning new dressage moves, but it must be taken slowly.
- Face Your Fears: When she was little, she was so afraid of a neighbor's dog that she walked the long way to school to avoid walking by the dog resulting in her always being late. However, the threats from the school forced her to face her fears which she overcame.
- Kindhearted Cat Lover: the sweetest girl on the show, and she used to own a cat named Mosey
- Lonely Rich Kid: Until she came to Horseland.
- Spoiled Sweet: Believes friendship is more important than wealth
Voiced by: Aleya Smith
Voiced by: Emily Hernandez
- Crying Wolf: suffers from this treatment when she tricked Zoey and Chloe.
- Gratuitous Spanish
- Green-Eyed Monster: is jealous of Bailey because he has two dogs and she has none. Eventually she learns to get over it and agrees to be Cubby's co-owner.
- The Smart Guy: When she is not riding, she is always reading about horses which she often tells her friends horse trivia.
Chloe and Zoey Stilton
Voiced by: Bianca Heyward
Tropes Applying to Both Girls
- Daddy's Girls: They're his princesses.
- Deadpan Snarkers
- Jerks with Hearts of Gold: See Lovable Alpha Bitch above.
- Lovable Alpha Bitches: They are spoiled, lazy, and constantly put their friends down for not being rich, but they will cheer their friends on at competitions and call out each other for going to far or their friends for acting like them. They even got Sarah some expensive birthday presents simply because she's their friend and love their horses and each other.
- Non-Identical Twins: Zoey is a redhead and Chloe is a blonde.
- Rich Bitches
- Valley Girls: both speak in Valley girl accents which is odd considering they live somewhere in the Rocky Mountains.
Tropes Applying to Just Chloe
Tropes Applying to Just Zoey
Sarah's black Arabian mare
Molly's chestnut Appaloosa mare
- You Gotta Have Violet Hair has violet highlights in her name and tail that's a part of her natural coloration.
Alma's black-and-white Paint mare whose mane and tale resembles that of a Frieisan than a paint.
- You Gotta Have Green Hair: has green highlights in her name and tail that's a part of her natural coloration.
Zoey's Dutch warmblood mare
Chloe's Dutch warmblood stallion
Bailey's brown Kiger mustang stallion
- Be Care Ful What You Wish For: wishes he was a wild horse. When he became one, he struggled to survive and returned to Horseland
- Grass Is Greener: believes wild horses have the better life than tame horses only to realize he has a pretty good life
- Green-Eyed Monster: his jealousy of the attention the foals Cream and Sugar are believing especially by Bailey drive them to runaway and nearly get killed. Fortunately Aztec realizes how wrong he was acting and helps save them in time.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: has blue highlights in his mane and tail that are a part of his natural coloration
Will's palomino stallion
Nani's palomino paint gelding
- You Gotta Have Yellow Hair: has yellow highlights in his mane and tale that are a part of his natural coloration
Shep is Baily's rough collie. He narrates each episode to teach a particular Aesop to Teeny or Angora. He is often seen with Teeny and Angora.
- Cool Old Guy
- Deadpan Snarker: At times
- Ensemble Darkhorse: He isn't one of the humans or horses, but he's easily one of the most lovable characters in the show.
- Expy: Of Shadow from Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey.
- Green-Eyed Monster: becomes jealous of Cubby to the point Cubby runs away and gets nearly attacked by a mountain lion. Fortunately Shep wisens up and helps save him in time.
- Heroic Dog
- Manly Tears: In the "Mosey" episode.
- Only Sane Man
Teeny is the resident Vietnamese pot-bellied pig. She is energetic and loves food. She is often seen with Shep and Angora.
Angora is Horseland's Turkish Angora barn cat. However, she is too lazy to catch mice. She believes cats are superior to all animals. Despite this, she is often seen in the company of Teenie, whom she mercilessly teases, and Shep, whom she seems to have a little bit of respect for.
- Cats Are Mean: But not all the time.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: She will mercilessly tease Teeny for the crime of being a pig and show little empathy to the horses, but deep down she does care about Teeny and was horrified when Zoey plans to give a wild bluebird to her mother.