Characters: Hero 108
Hero: 108 is an animated television series on Cartoon Network and the Cartoon Network international cable network, and Kabillion OnDemand channel in the United States. The series was created by Phoenix Tarng of Gamania, co-produced by Gamania, Cartoon Network, and Taffy Entertainment.The story is about humans and animals battling for peace in the Hidden Kingdom. The main characters, First Squad, are led by an organization called Big Green. The story was inspired by the 14th century Chinese novel, Water Margin, although in a the style of a children's show.
open/close all folders
Lin Chung is known by some as the most accomplished, most skilled warrior in all of Big Green. He possesses the legendary Panther Vision, which allows him to see great distances, or to see the world in slow motion while he moves with terrific speed. He wields a staff and occasionally shoots the tips of bamboo out at enemies. He is also somewhat obsessed with drawing, sometimes dropping out of battles just to draw when he finds inspiration, and he can't take criticism.
- Accidental Art: To his frustration, on the day he has no inspiration and people don't believe him when he says it was an accident.
- Badass Normal: In an organization where nearly everybody has their own mystical superpower by virtue of either being an animal or mystically inclined, All Lin Chung has is a bamboo spear and the skill to use it.
- Funny Afro: Given to him by the Big Green Airforce.
- The Hero
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: He accidentally created Twin Masters while stuck in the past.
- Supporting Leader
Jumpy Ghostface is the king of the rabbits. He is a talented, straight-ahead fighter who dives head first into dangerous battles without flinching an ear. He joined Big Green after being defeated in a jump rope battle. His weapon of choice is a jump rope. He also uses carrots as weapons, either throwing them like shurikens or biting off the top and tossing them like grenades. He also has a habit of daydreaming, even in the heat of battle. Whenever someone looks into Jumpy's eyes when he's daydreaming, they end up in his daydream. He also has a habit of being soft around insects.
- Awesome McCoolname
- Badass Adorable
- Defeat Means Friendship: The first episode sets up the premise of the show using him.
- Friend to Bugs: Butterflies, slugs, ants this guy loves all living creatures and will always show them compassion. Even when they're Brainwashed and Crazy.
- The Lancer
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: He is the rabbit king after all.
Mystique Sonia is a tough, seasoned warrior, but also a stereotypical girl. Her attack involves attacking and spinning her long tongue around to perform gusts of wind. She also has the seeds that she can spit on and grow into plants with cooked buns instead of flowers. Since she is cursed with a spell, anyone who tells her they love her three times in a row turns into a Yaksha as seen in "Liger Castle" and "Peacock Castle."Her companion, Yaksha, is a purple and pink, non-speaking creature which rests upon Mystique Sonia's head like a hat. A Yaksha is created when anybody tells Mystique Sonia that they love her three times in a row, and only as long as they are in love. It is also extremely flexible and stretchy, being shown to turn into a ball, a purse, a dress, a trampoline, a fan, and even extend its arms. It also occasionally sits on Mighty Ray's head whenever Mystique Sonia's incapacitated or when she's mad at him. It's almost completely different than the Yaksha in Hindu, Jain, and Buddhist mythology.
- Blessed with Suck: If anyone tells her they love her three times in a row, a curse on her will turn them into a Yaksha.
- The Chick
- In Name Only: The Yaksha.
- Multipurpose Tongue: Unusually long and prehensile of course.
- Nice Hat: The nicest hat ever, apart from the abilities mentioned earlier, Yaksha can be pulled over the head to make night-vision goggles and can even be used to dry and style hair.
- Perky Goth
Mighty Ray is the burly force of First Squad. He has the power to shoot bolts of powerful energy from his eyeballs. To re-charge his eyeballs, Mighty Ray must eat bananas, which he dislikes. His eyeballs are also removable. He likes to perform comedy acts under the name Mr. Comedy, even though these acts make everyone else want to gag as well. Even though his energy bolts are his main attack, he is quite formidable at close range with his bare hands. He is intensely jealous of Lin Chung being praised as the finest warrior in First Squad and jumps at chances to one-up him.
- The Big Guy
- Blind Without 'Em: A rather odd example, since his eyes are removable. This, however, can be used to an advantage as he can still shoot his energy bolts even if they're not in his head.
- Eye Beams
- Eye Scream: His original eyes were turned to stone by the Zebras, when High Roller took over East Citadel.
- Catchphrase: "I am Mighty Ray! Fear my eyeballs!"
- Cursed with Awesome: His eyes may be his most powerful ability, but he hates eating the bananas which power them.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold
- Magical Defibrillator: Uses his eyeballs like this at one point to revive the Elephant King.
- Mundane Utility: Besides using his powers as a light source, he can also make fireworks.
- One-Man Army: Nearly took down High Roller all by himself, but was forced to flee after overcharging his eyes.
- Shock and Awe
Commander ApeTrully is the eccentric, well-meaning leader of Big Green. Commander ApeTrully formed Big Green in hopes of restoring friendship between animals and humans. He is revealed to be the king of the monkeys (the 33rd monkey king) in disguise as he was the first to see through High Roller's lies.
- Compressed Vice: You'll notice he has a gambling problem.
- Big Good
- Butt Monkey
- Everything's Better with Monkeys
- Punny Name: Comander Ape-Trully.
- Uncle Pennybags: He gives gold to every animal kingdom he tries to win over.
Woo the Wise
Woo the Wise is an inventor who was the first person that was convinced to join Big Green. At some points, his robe tends to rise up. He wears a fake mustache to make himself look older. In a flashback, he was a former classmate of High Roller. In "Pitched Battle of the Air Force," Woo the Wise invented a special crystal that can reassemble three animals into one creature which he did when he merged two Hens, Snake King, Crocodile King, and Deer King into a Chimeric Dragon to fight High Roller's fake Black Dragon.
- Absent-Minded Professor
- Behind the Mask: Whenever he claims to have some brilliant plan we are treated to a nice little thought bubble of him despairing his ignorance.
- Bungling Inventor
Mr. No Hands
Mr. No Hands is the military leader of Big Green's First Squad. The tassel of his hat spins like a helicopter allowing him to fly. He keeps himself in a stockade because he canít stop tickling himself, hence the name.
- Catchphrase: (In the first season at least) "Commander Ape Trully's in trouble! First Squad, deploy!"
- Chuck Cunningham Syndrome: Possibly, as he's making fewer appearances in the second season.
- Da Chief
- The Smart Guy
Alpha GirlLeader of the rival Second Squad.
Lady GreenThe commander of Big Green's naval force.
The primary antagonist of the series. As the new Emperor of the East Citadel, High Roller gets to do whatever he wants and what he typically wants to do is attack humans (or get animals to attack humans for him), eat candy, read comic books, and play games. A flashback revealed that he was a classmate of Woo the Wise.
- Adorable Evil Minions: Some of the animals.
- Big Bad
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Despite normally appearing as a childish brat, when High Roller actually tries, he can kick butt. Case in point, in Firework Festival at the East Citadel he decides to kill Mighty Ray for being better than him at Fireworks (though he intended to kill the winner anyway if it wasn't him), but instead of sicking his minions on them, he combines with Bear King and proceeds to beat the stuffing out of all of First Squad without even trying.
- The Emperor
- Evil Overlord
- Fusion Dance: He's able to combine with Bear King and use his body as his own. Surprisingly, this proves to be extremely effective.
- I Gave My Word: Despite playing dirty in most everything, he won't go back on a deal he made and has let his prisoners go on several occasions.
- The Starscream: To Twin Masters.
- You Have Outlived Your Usefulness: Twin Masters tells him this after going One-Winged Angel in the finale.
Two zebra twins that serve High Roller. Sparky Black is a black zebra with white stripes and Sparky White is a white zebra with black stripes. In almost all episodes, they are usually the ones who incite the animals to oppress the humans. In most cases, they stay out of fights between First Squad and the animals. However, once a month when the moon is full, they use their most powerful weapons called the Ghost Lanterns. The Ghost Lanterns are paper lanterns on sticks that gives the Zebra Brothers supernatural powers ranging from merging together to form a giant version of themselves, creating an army of zebra clones, create zebra-type mosquitoes, or getting their victims to face their biggest fears.
- Adorable Evil Minions
- Airborne Mook
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: They're normally complete idiots, but on the night of the full moon, they get a major power boost thanks to their Ghost Lanterns and quickly turn to a major threat.
- Fantastic Slurs: They hate other animals who join Big Green and call them "animal traitors".
- Goldfish Poop Gang
- Quirky Miniboss Squad: They're High Roller's main minions, but most of time aren't very good at fighting.
- Those Two Bad Guys
- Bigger Bad
- Eldritch Abomination
- Knight of Cerebus: These guys are not comical villains.
- Large and In Charge
- Omnicidal Maniac
- One-Winged Angel: He gets this in the Grand Finale
- Orcus on His Throne: Averted. They frequently see their plans carried out personally.
- Talking to Himself: Scott McNeil voices both spirits, using a gruff voice for Red, and slightly shriller one for Blue.