open/close all folders
The Sixx household
Sixx, aka Michelle O'Carroll
Mistress Sixx, the main protagonist, is one of the Global Dominance Association's nine Head Mistresses. She is a hotel tycoon with slaves (i.e. employees) all over the world, but her closest associates live with her in her house and serve as her personal slaves. Wherever she goes, adventure seems to follow.
- Action Girl: She was in training to become a Judiciatrix before her mother pushed her into the title of Mistress Sixx.
- Berserk Button: Sixx is one of the few Dominant characters in the comic that respects the concept of "informed consent" (and even she has her moments). Few things invoke her wrath more than seeing another Dom do something non-consensual to their Sub.
- Big Fancy House: Not that we've seen it all, but she has at least one dungeon, cells to keep prisoners, and even a stable for any visiting Rubber Ponies.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: One of the biggest, most powerful mistresses around. While being a tad...off.
- Did You Just Punch Out Cthulhu?: Knocks Xor-Talatia flat on his ass when Laura is in danger. And proceeds to taunt him.
- Dressed All in Rubber: Skintight rubber or vinyl suits are her kink.
- Fiery Redhead: Especially when she's pissed off.
- For the Lulz: When Midnight asks if the pony race was some kind of revealing test, what's her response?Sixx: Don't be silly, dear! Those were all theory. I put you through the trial for my own pleasure.
- Good Is Not Soft: She'll put up with a lot, but if she decides it's time to throw a punch, don't expect mercy.
- King Incognito: She keeps her great wealth a secret to prevent people from assuming that she is a Rich Bitch.
- Locked Out of the Loop: In regards to her mother and father, who are and were respectively "Phantoms", or covert operatives above even the Judiciatrices.
- Loophole Abuse: How she planned to win the bet with Butterfly.
- Lost Him in a Card Game: Sixx bet herself on a spanking contest.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Realized she had been delving into the realm of the non-consensual, and decided she, Laura, and Ginger needed a long talk.
- Parental Abandonment: She hasn't seen her mother in a decade, and her father died under mysterious circumstances mainly being killed by an anti-Atlantean faction.
- Polyamory: As Mistress Sixx, she commands a huge harem, though in most cases it's a strictly business relationship. Only a select handful are close enough to live with her as her personal slaves.
- Rapunzel Hair: Even in her default style (a high ponytail), it reaches the back of her knees.
- Red Baron: After defeating Xor-Talatia, the media dubs her things like "Shadow Slayer" and "The Red Knight".
- Take a Third Option: She registers herself as the slave of Mistress Sixx in order to face Butterfly in the spanking contest.
Laura de Silva nee Xereos
Sixx’s first personal slave. Was initially surprised to find out the extent of the Association, but eventually settled into her new life, insisting that Ginger be made a personal slave alongside her. She temporarily assumed the mantle of Mistress Sixx before giving it back to Michelle following the contest. Because she is so beloved of Sixx, she has occasionally been targeted by the Mistress's enemies.
- All-Loving Hero: She very nearly has The Power of Love weaponized. Just look how she handled Ginger!
- Barrier Warrior: She can generate a submissive shield.
- Break the Cutie: To a degree, although she certainly isn't scarred for life or anything.
- The Chew Toy: And she likes it that way!
- Determinator: She has immense power but no training. Even so, she can still get things done through sheer force of will.
- Dumb Blonde: To a degree she’s played as this, although far from a complete Ditz.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Most likely the sweetest, kindest character in the strip.
- Happiness in Slavery: Wouldn't trade submission to Sixx for all the cash in the world.
- Meaningful Rename: Her birth name is actually Xereos. She took the name "Laura" when she emigrated to the Association's territory
- Runaway Fiancée: And given Sybion's stance on women, who could blame her?
- Secret Legacy: She, and everyone else on Sybion, are descendants of the survivors of Atlantis.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The girly-girl to Ginger's tomboy.
- Training from Hell: All part of a sub's life. (And, frankly, less painful and more sexy than most examples of this trope).
Introduced as the maid in Sixx’s primary household, she was secretly in love with Sixx and initially very hostile and envious towards Laura. This passed when Laura insisted that they share the position of “personal slave.”
- Action Girl: Still in training, but certainly getting there.
- Adorkable: When trying to negotiate any outfit with hoofboots, she becomes adorably clumsy.
- Berserk Button: Don't imply that something makes her look fat.
- Curtains Match the Window: For a long time she was the only character with this appearance.
- Did You Think I Can't Feel?: She finally snapped and admitted her feelings for Sixx when Michelle brought Laura home and made Ginger take a hand in 'welcoming' her.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Happy: She was willing to step aside so Laura could be Sixx's sub. Then Laura insisted they share the collar.
- Happiness in Slavery: Well, duh.
- Hidden Depths: She started as a pure submissive but her bond with Laura brought out her dominant streak.
- Marriage Before Romance: Sixx accepted her a second personal slave before there was any "true romantic spark." They got closer later.
- Meido/French Maid
- The Rival: Laura's, initially.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The tomboy to Laura's girly-girl.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: Well, green.
A former mistress, now Butterfly's slave. She comes from a well-respected Dominant line and tutored Sixx in order to help her qualify as a Head Mistress. Very little else is known about her.
- And I Must Scream: Her punishment after the Xor-Talatia saga. A week of solitary confinement in a device called a vacbed. With only three hours of freedom a day.
- Cannot Spit It Out: Initially, her pride wouldn't let her admit she wanted to be Michelle's sub, and then she continued to hold silence once she learned about Laura because she didn't want to ruin Michelle's happiness.
- Deal with the Devil: She essentially describes her deal with Butterfly as such.
- Green-Eyed Monster: Towards Laura, though she admits that Laura had no way of knowing that she was taking the position Trina wanted.
- Happiness in Slavery: As Sixx's third personal slave. Also true, in a twisted sort of way, when she wore Butterfly's collar.
- Hime Cut: Though Trina is ethnically Japanese it turns out her current hairstyle was actually inspired by Madame Tupari in the Amazon. Before that it was shorter. Also, the associated character traits are missing.
- Hot for Student: She became Michelle's tutor (at her request) to help her qualify as a Head Mistress, and fell in love with her in the process.
- If I Can't Have You...: Eventually adopts this attitude towards Michelle, though it's more "If I can't be had by you" since she wanted to be Michelle's slave.
- If It's You, It's Okay: She's willing to try her submissive side, but only with Michelle.
- Playing with Fire: When she manifests her dominant spirit. Her mother was the Lady Moriyama, Mistress of the Magic Flame, so it must run in the family.
- Replacement Goldfish: When she was orphaned and given over into custody of her uncle Satoru, he tried to make her into a perfect copy of her mother (his former sister-in-law) whom he had loved.
- Unrequited Love: For Michelle, which resulted in the above tropes. It's no longer unrequited, though.
- Unlucky Childhood Friend: She and Michelle have been friends since they were both kids, though it never occurred to Trina that she might want to be more until they were adults (and Sixx remained unaware of her feelings for nearly a decade).
- UST: Used as a form of punishment during her confinement in the vacbed.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Sharp things.
- You Are Too Late: She found out that Sixx had taken a second personal slave in Ginger, but by then she was already broken by Butterfly.
Stella and Claire
Ginger's cousins and Sixx's new maids. They are brought in after Ginger becomes a personal slave. Stella is the one with blue hair, while Claire's is dark pink.
- The Dividual: They're seldom seen apart and often act like the two halves of one person. Even their fighting style is described as "synchronized."
- God-Mode Sue: In-Universe, they are able to dress Sixx without her noticing that they've even moved. They admit this isn't humanly possible.
- Happiness in Slavery: Their owner has to earn their respect, but yeah.
- Meido/French Maid: Their house outfits.
- Mother Russia Makes You Strong: They were former bodyguards for a Russian Czar.
- Ninja Maid: At least Stella is — refer to strip #318.
- Polar Opposite Twins: It hasn't been stated that they are twins, but they certainly have the look.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Pink-haired Claire is perky and bubbly; blue-hued Stella is reserved almost to the point of being an Emotionless Girl.
- Sibling Team
- Stealth Hi/Bye: Claire has a habit of popping up out of nowhere.
- Super Soldier: They've clearly had some kind of modification, not least of which was the removal of their ability to reach orgasm.
- They are actually Project Vojak, a pair of assassins who are part of Gunther's backstory.
- Super Speed: They can dress Sixx in a blink. Claire also gets a Rubber Kitty suit on Linda before she has time to react.
- You Gotta Have Blue and Pink Hair
A spy hired by Butterfly, she's caught while infiltrating Sixx Manor.
- Action Girl: Again, she was a spy.
- Belligerent Sexual Tension: With Ginger.
- Broken Bird: She's got a world of (as-yet-unrevealed) hurt in her backstory and puts up an angry front to keep anyone from seeing it.
- Butt-Monkey: Yeah, an orgasm-inducing control collar was just the beginning for her.
- Cats Are Mean: Rather unwillingly turned into the house's Rubber Kitty. She's not happy about it. At first.
- Defeat Means Friendship: Busted as a spy, now a happy slave in the Sixx house.
- Electric Torture: Sixx finds out everything she wants to know about her with a little (off-panel) "electroplay."
- Heel–Face Turn: Sixx is just that good.
- Ninja: Not a very good one...
- Noodle Incident: She has something against Russians, though we've never been told exactly what.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Subverted — her red eyes are contacts which contain hidden cameras. Her real eye color is hazel (shown as blue in the comic).
- Tempting Fate: After meeting the Golden Pony, she opines that normal people keep dogs or cats as housepets. Two pages later, she is the new housecat.
- Voice Changeling: She has a talent for perfect imitations of others' voices.
- You Gotta Have Purple Hair
Alexia, the Golden Pony Queen
An elite Rubber Pony escaping forced enslavement by Mistress Black Stone.
- Big Damn Heroes: She shows up out of nowhere when Laura is menaced by Midnight.
- Cool Mask: Her full-face pony hood.
- The Faceless: Her face has never been seen in full.
- Gilded Cage: Black Stone Estate.
- Made a Slave
- The Mind Is a Plaything of the Body: She is a pony at heart, and her pony conditioning makes her body submissive to the right cues. Given enough time, her spirit will begin to submit as well.
- Property of Love: And unlike a willing sub, she is shocked and dismayed to find that the French government considers her "missing property" instead of a kidnapping victim when she escapes Mistress Black Stone.
- Translation Convention: A fair amount of her dialogue is in ponychat (i.e. a series of neighs) which is translated for the reader.
- The Worf Effect: She's established as a dominant Rubber Pony mare, but it mainly serves to makes Mistress Sardonyx seem even more impressive as she effortlessly subdues Alexia.
Mistress Sardonyx and Midnight
Sardonyx is an equestrian Mistress sent by Mistress Black Stone to retrieve the Golden Pony. Midnight is a dominant Rubber Pony who accompanies her.
- Curtains Match the Window: Sardonyx.
- Determinator: Midnight fights her way through the pony racing trial by sheer force of will. Sixx recognizes this as her domme self coming out.
- Hoist by His Own Petard: Sardonyx "tames" doms into Rubber Ponies. When she tries it on Sixx, Michelle overpowers her and proceeds to give her a taste of her own medicine.
- Happiness in Slavery: Turns out she actually enjoys being a pony.
- Oh, Crap!: Sardonyx, as demonstrated here and here.
- Perky Female Minion: Sardonyx is one for the mysterious Mistress Black Stone. And just one of several...
- Supernatural Sensitivity: Midnight can smell energy auras (as opposed to the other sensitives in the cast, who can see them).
- Whip It Good: Sardonyx wields an enchanted riding crop she calls the Tamer.
Butterfly aka Evita Kappel
A rival Mistress who was somehow able to collar Mistress Trina. Hated by Sixx.
- Bad Powers, Bad People: It's implied that her husband's "black book" has had this effect on her.
- "Negative effects" barely even covers it.
- The Baroness: Fits the sadistic parts of this trope, and later revealed to be a literal baroness of Eastern Italy
- Big Bad: Until Xor showed up.
- Break the Cutie: Came within second of dying at a Phantom's hands. And saw her bodyguards massacred before that.
- Cleavage Window: Her outfit during the spank off has one.
- Cold-Blooded Torture: To Trina, and later Laura after capturing her.
- The Dark Side: She learned techniques to profoundly boost her strength, speed, and endurance. Unfortunately this power came from the dark energy lingering in the world, giving Xor-Talatia more and more hold on her.
- Dark-Skinned Blond: A mild example, since she has noticeably darker skin than Laura, who's also blond. Subverted since she's not a natural blond.
- Depraved Bisexual: Possibly. We now know that she has a husband but she also has no problem abusing women. It may be more about power and control than the gender of the victim, however.
- Dye Hard: In-Universe: she's evidently been hiding her real hair color to disguise her identity, and if it was a blond wig she was using than she likely also has Compressed Hair since her natural hair is very long and wavy
- Even Evil Has Standards: Declares that she doesn't "indulge in pointless barbaric mutilations", which contains a bit of Fridge Brilliance considering what she rescued Alice and Anya from. She's perfectly willing to exploit Trina's fear of sharp objects, commit Mind Rape and torture Laura but she still has standards.
- Icy Blue Eyes: She actually has a similar color scheme to Laura granted, the blond hair is fake but unlike Laura's "innocent" variety of blue eyes, hers are definitely intended to come off as "icy" instead.
- I Just Want to Be Special: She resorted to Michael's black books because she felt powerless, especially compared to him.
- Indy Ploy: When her initial plan at the spanking contest falls through, she has to improvise.
- Jerkass: Mary mother, is she ever...
- Manic Pixie Dream Girl: In Michael Kappel's memory flashback, this is how she was when they first met. Yes, really.
- Master of Disguise
- Mind Rape: It's eventually revealed that she was able to form such a strong bond with Trina this way. It's described as tearing a hole into that person's spirit and taking root there.
- Pet the Dog: When Anya and Alice talk about how she rescued them, it's hard to see her as evil.
- Playing with Fire: She can use some of Trina's fire-based dominant techniques (because she stole them).
- Psychotic Smirk: Is prone to them, but the one in strip #275 tops all else thus far.
- Retcon: It was originally suggested that her maiden name was Fedele, but Michael's flashbacks seem to contradict this and show her name was always Kappel. (Even the linked page has been edited).
- Revenge: She wants the Association to suffer for what she's been through.
- The Rival: To Sixx.
- Slasher Smile: Yikes. And it's not even really her...
- Smug Snake: When she gets the tiniest bit of leeway over her rivals, she exudes smug.
- Took a Level in Badass: Compared to what she was in the flashbacks, she's far stronger, more independent, more savvy, and a firmer leader. Some of this is undoubtedly Xor-Talatia's influence, but not all.
- The Unfettered: She doesn't care what she has to do or who she has to hurt, as long as she succeeds.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: Michael's flashbacks show a much bubblier Evita than the present, adding credence to the theory that his black books have altered her personality.
- Walking Spoiler: Let's just say that a lot of information comes to light about her over the course of the strip, both good and bad.
Alice, Anya and Gunther
Butterfly and Michael Kappel's three slaves.
- Badass in Distress: Gunther would have died of hypothermia and blood loss if his future master hadn't rescued him.
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: Fit this trope, with Anya's blue hair standing in for the brunette.
- Bodyguarding a Badass: Gunther to his Master and Mistress.
- Chekhov's Gunman: Gunther's existence is alluded to before he appears, and Nora explains that the fact that Sixx only encountered Alice and Anya when Laura is abducted is a cause for concern.
- Dark and Troubled Past: All three of them.
- Gunther was "Project Vojna," an attempt at making a Super Soldier.
- Anya was sent to the Order of Denial when she refused to have sex with her sister.
- Alice was sent to the Order by her trans-hating father.
- Easy Sex Change/Gender Bender: Alice. Justified, given advances in medical technology and Michael Kappel's talents, but she clearly has a male body in strip #635 (probably NSFW) when first rescued and a female one not long afterward when offered the Kappels' collar.
- Enigmatic Minion: Gunther's abilities and backstory go unexplained until the very end of the first arc. Between that and the occasional tension between him and Mistress Butterfly, it's hard to know where he stands.
- Friendly Enemy: Alice and Anya get along surprisingly well with Laura. Even when they have her chained up and subjected to torture. They'd probably be real friends if their Mistresses weren't on opposite sides.
- While everyone around them is fighting, they decide to just hug instead.
- Kick the Morality Pet: When Butterfly lashes out at Gunther, who was merely expressing concern for her and noticing that the "black books" have been messing with her mind. Butterfly immediately regrets it and apologizes.
- Love at First Sight: Anya and Alice for the Kappels, according to a witness who saw their first meeting.
- Meaningful Rename: Gunther chose his own name (he couldn't remember what he was called before he was Project Vojna), and Alice presumably had a different name when trying to live as a male.
- Morality Pet: To Butterfly, and they insist that she's not evil.
- My Master and Mistress, Right or Wrong: They may have concerns over what Butterfly is doing, but they're with her to the end.
- Parental Betrayal: Alice's father handed her over to the Order of Denial to "have the sissy bitch beaten out of you."
- Perky Female Minion: Alice.
- Recruitment By Rescue: All three. Overlaps to some extent with Rescue Romance in the case of Alice and Anya (and possibly Gunther too).
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Alice is effervescently sweet; Anya is kind but more reserved. Appropriately, Alice's hair is red while Anya's is light blue.
- Scars Are Forever: Anya and Alice have some horrid marks from their time in the Order.
- Servile Snarker: Gunther, bordering on full Deadpan Snarker at times.
- Super Empowering: Alice is an Amplifier, a master of a somewhat-lost art that lets her control and magnify the sexual energy of another person. She can prolong the Subspace trance indefinitely, keeping the victim from escaping.
- Super Soldier/Sympathetic Sentient Weapon: Gunther.
- Super Strength: Gunther.
- Transsexual: Alice.
- Undying Loyalty: All three, because the Kappels rescued each of them from hellish circumstances.
- Whatevermancy: Anya can manipulate rubber in an art called Rubbermancy.
- What the Hell, Mistress?: Gunther tries to restrain Butterfly's darker impulses.
- Wild Card: Gunther, since the Association knows next to nothing about him besides the fact that he exists. Lampshaded by Crimson Whip after he effortlessly destroyed a reinforced door with his bare hand, something she couldn't prepare for.
- Wouldn't Hurt a Child: The breaking point in Gunther's training was when he was told to kill two young women. "I couldn't do it. I ran. Ran like hell. I don't know how many I killed on my way out. But none of them were little girls."
Michael Kappel/Mikail Alexsandrov
Butterfly's husband, a mysterious figure who's mentioned early on by Butterfly. He's an insanely powerful dom who uses "black books" and was captured by The Association prior to the story.
- Affably Evil: He's nothing but polite and courteous, even to those he's holding as captive.
- Anti-Villain: The guy is doing what he does because he thinks it's what the world really needs.
- Badass Bookworm: Well-spoken, well-read.
- Badass in Distress: He is held prisoner by the Association for over two years. Much of what Butterfly does in the first major arc is part of her efforts to get him freed.
- Badass Family: Himself, his wife, and his slaves, or as Sixx describes them "A whole family of super powered assholes."
- Bi the Way: With Gunther, who's explicitly part of his group marriage with Evita. It was initially kept somewhat ambiguous until the linked strip.
- Chekhov's Gunman: First mentioned by Butterfly in strip 170. And his first physical appearance is in Laura's flashback to Sybion, as "Mr. Black".
- The Chosen One: He bears a perfect Atlantean soul. Which means he's going to either save everything or bring about The End of the World as We Know It... and he doesn't know which one it's going to be.
- Failed a Spot Check: He doesn't see the dark energy in his wife's soul until it's too late.
- Gentle Giant: He's taller and broader than the entire cast, all of it muscle, and he has the psychic strength to dominate almost anyone's mind. But he also has the training and composure to keep his power under wraps because he doesn't want to hurt anyone.
- Healing Hands
- Hero Antagonist: He has no evil will whatsoever. He just wants to make a better world.
- Heroic B.S.O.D.: He goes into one when his parents are killed.
- Heroic Sacrifice/Kill Us Both: He is willing to pull this to stop Xor-Talatia, but he doesn't get the chance.
- Hypno Ray: And is referred to as a Hypnomancer, the most powerful one in the world.
- Instant Sedation: He can instantly put (almost) anyone into a state of blissed-out stupor. He can even do it en masse.
- Living Lie Detector: He has to use Hypnomancy, but once he gains access to your soul he knows what you know, and he can force you to confess it in front of everyone else.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: Quite.
- Martial Pacifist: His backstory tells us that he can fight, but we've never seen him lay a violent hand on anyone. His main attack, hypnomancy, merely puts its victims into a trance. Even so, he uses it only when attacked first or facing overwhelming numbers, and when its use will prevent more violence. (And he doesn't like using it even for that).
- Messianic Archetype: Especially once he starts going around in a white robe.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!: His effort to help the world provide Xor-Talatia with a means to destroy humanity.
- Unwitting Pawn: Of Xor
- Person of Mass Destruction: As mentioned above, someone with a perfect Atlantean soul is going to be savior or destroyer. He wants to be the former but almost ends up being the latter.
- Utopia Justifies the Means: He plans to De-Power everyone in the world except his followers, create a new world government that will be peaceful and balanced, and then re-power the people once he has established order. He doesn't like it, but he doesn't see any other way. Fortunately, Laura helps him see the light.
The Blackstone Stable
Lady BlackstoneMysterious head of the Blackstone Stable.
- Manipulative Bastard: Gets her kicks turning doms into unwilling subs.
The former Mistress Sixx and Michelle's mother. Is actually an Association Phantom.
- Action Mom: Sixx's, specifically.
- Badass in a Nice Suit: Herself, Cypress, and presumably her other colleagues.
- Daddy Had a Good Reason for Abandoning You: After finding out the truth about her husband William, she couldn't bear to continue with her role as Mistress Sixx
- Despair Event Horizon: The death of her husband was one for her, knowing what he had to do to keep them safe, to the point that she gave up the title to Michelle.
- Determined Widow: Became this after the death of her husband William including becoming an agent like he was
- It's Not You, It's My Enemies: A non-romantic example — she cut all contact with her daughter once she became a Phantom for fear of bringing work home with her.
- The Men in Black: A high ranking Phantom.
- No-Sell: The reason she was appointed to take down Michael Kappel is because she has a purely dominant soul, a trait she shares with Michelle, which means his hypnomancy would not work on her. The same is true of her current partner, Cypress.
- Parental Abandonment: By the start of the story, she hasn't seen Michelle in nearly a decade.
- Rapunzel Hair: Like her daughter, she sports a huge ponytail.
- Strictly Professional Relationship: She has a partner named Cypress. He seems to care about her deeply but there's no hint that she reciprocates.
- Strong Family Resemblance: She and Michelle look very similar, though she's drawn in a way that shows her age.
A sentient force of evil that has plagued the world since the fall of Atlantis.
- Absolute Xenophobe: When he seizes the World Revolutionizer's link to every mind in the world, he does it with intent to murder everyone who isn't of his race.
- The Corrupter: Manifests as a "black miasma" of pure hatred, clinging to anyone associated with the world government
- The Dark Side: At first he seems to be mindless malevolent energy that slowly warps the personality of anyone who draws too much on its power.
- Demonic Possession/Grand Theft Me: The beginning and end stages of his plan.
- I Have Your Wife: He acquired a firm hold on Evita Kappel and used her to get close enough to snare her husband Michael.
- Last of His Kind: He is what's left of the Atlantean who was vaporized when the World Revolutionizer Went Horribly Wrong and sunk Atlantis.
- Living Shadow
- This Was His True Form: At the end you see him as just a bitter old man before he disappears completely.
- The Worf Effect: For a millennia-old embodiment of power and evil, he goes down pretty easily.