Characters from the various games of the First-Person Shooter
franchise Call of Duty
. See the Modern Warfare
page for that series. And see the Call of Duty: Black Ops
page for that series, too.
This page is very much a work in progress, contributions are welcomed.
open/close all folders
Call of Duty Classic and United Offensive
Private Joey Martin
- Early-Installment Weirdness: Unlike the heroic mimes from most of the other games, we know Martin's thoughts through his journal entries at the beginning of each mission. Oddly enough, this leaves him with more characterization than many future protagonists in the series.
- Elites Are More Glamorous: Part of the famous 101st Airborne Division.
- Heroic Mime
- Player Character: The first in the series!
Sergeant Jack Evans
- Badass: Under heavy fire, he runs to manually set off a bridge explosion when it fails to go off. You have to cover him with sniper fire.
- Elites Are More Glamorous: He is the axillary soldier involved with Evans and Price's covert operations. He plays a supporting role while Price and/or Evans goes into the enemy's territory.
Sergeant James Doyle
Sergeant Alexei Ivanovich Voronin
- Deadpan Snarker
Oh yes, sir, you bet! We ride through enemy lines in a French tin can! Want me to paint a bullseye on it, sir?
- Elites Are More Glamorous
- Indy Ploy: Oh yes. While driving through a German convoy.
Pvt. Elder: What the hell are you doing Sarge?!
Sgt. Moody: *quietly* I don't know, I sure hope it works.
- Sergeant Rock: The first in a long series of them.
- Pun: Sgt. Moody is moody.
- Deadpan Snarker: When Moody gets the car stuck in a dead end and destroys the car, Elder is not amused. Moody doesn't want to hear it.
Elder: Oh. hey great, good move! Remind me to thank the captain.
Sgt. Moody: Shut up Elder, and get your ass out! Let's go Martin, move it, move!
- Elites Are More Glamorous
- Killed Off for Real: Can be killed in Brecourt Manor.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Not mentioned again if he survived. It's possible given his attitude and acoomplishments that he was promoted and transferred to another squad. It's just as likely he was killed or wounded and taken out of combat. Lastly, it's possible that Pvt. Elder was one of the men separated from his squad. Captain Foley describes in a slide show that the 101st formed mixed groups and Elder could have just been pulled along for the ride by Moody.
Major Gerald Ingram
Sergeant Pavel Antonov
Private Yuri Petrenko
Call of Duty: Finest Hour
Call of Duty 2
Private Vasili Ivanovich Koslov
Sergeant John Davis
Corporal Bill Taylor
Lieutenant Dimitri Volsky
Sergeant Jack Randall
Private Donald McCloskey
Call of Duty 2: Big Red One
Victor "Vic" Denley
Call of Duty 3
Corporal Duncan Keith
Private First Class Salvadore Guzzo
- Action Girl
- Heroic Sacrifice: Dies planting explosives on an armored car, but atypical in that she was killed only by early detonation.
World at War
An American soldier fighting in the Pacific theater of the war. The player character in the American campaign of the game.
The American sergeant in the war, leader of Private Miller's group.
The other notable soldier in Miller's group
The former leader of the group that rescued Private Miller, he was killed early in the game.
Private Dimitri Petrenko
A Soviet solder fighting in the Eastern Front against Nazi Germany. The player character of the Soviet campaign in the game.
Sergeant Viktor Reznov
A sergeant of the Red Army, seems to be the leader of Petrenko's group.