Big Brother: All Stars Houseguest Tropes
open/close all folders
The Sovereign Four AKA "Sea Sick"
The Sovereign Four(Howie, James, Janelle, and Kaysar)
- Action Girl: Janelle
- Badass Crew: They won four consecutive HOH's for the first four weeks of the show, and if they had continued that streak for at least one round, they very well could have ran away with the game.
- Deal with the Devil: With ChillTown. By not nominating them right away, the Sovereigns keep the target on Will and Mike Boogie.
- Easily Forgiven: Despite being only a tentative member of the Sovereign Six the previous season(and for good reason), James is welcomed back into open arms by Howie, Janelle, and Kaysar during this season.
- Four-Philosophy Ensemble
- The Cynic: James
- The Optimist: Kaysar
- The Realist: Janelle
- The Apathetic: Howie
- Four-Temperament Ensemble
- Sanguine: Howie
- Choleric: Kaysar
- Melancholic: James
- Phlegmatic: Janelle
- Knight Templar: Against floaters, they were actually the first persons who vilify it as a strategy.
- Odd Friendship: Really, all four of them. You wouldn't expect people like Howie, Janelle, and Kaysar to be friends, or for any of them to be friends with James.
- Rag Tag Bunch Of Misfits
- Sixth Ranger Traitor: James, again.
- Team Spirit
Chilltown(Will, Mike Boogie)
- The Bad Guy Wins
- Bash Brothers
- Brains and Brawn: Will is the brains while Mike is the Brawn.
- Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
- Consummate Liars
- Deadpan Snarkers: Case in point.
- From Nobody to Nightmare: They actually started of the first four weeks by being a comic relief, once the Sovereign loses their power...
- Heterosexual Life-Partners
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Mike is the Red Oni, while Will is the Blue Oni.
- Those Two Bad Guys
The Legion Of Doom
The Legion Of Doom(Will, Mike Boogie, James, Danielle)
From Season 2 and one of the 6 picked by the producers.
- Alliterative Name
- The Bad Guy Wins
- Flawless Victory: No one voted against Mike and he won in a 6-1 landslide.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Will
- My Greatest Second Chance: Mike was evict somewhat early in the game in Big Brother 2. This time he was able make the final and win.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Mike "Boogie".
From Season 4, chosen by popular vote.
Season 6, chosen by public vote
The Winner of Season 2, chosen by the production.
- The Ace: Will won his season without winning a single competition. He is also a master strategist, manipulator and has one of the best social games in Big Brother history.
- Affably Evil
- Anti-Villain: Type I or Type III.
- Badass on Paper
- Card-Carrying Villain
- The Casanova/The Charmer: The ladies almost always fall under Will's charm or spell. He's that irresistible.
- The Chessmaster
- Consummate Liar: Will is really good at lying and manipulating. It's scary how good at lying he is.
- Crazy-Prepared: If one of Will's plans fail, he always has a backup plan.
- The Dandy: Will cares a lot a bout his physical appearance.
- Deadpan Snarker: Will is very sarcastic and witty.
- Doctor Jerk
- The Dreaded: By the time Season 7 rolled around, Will's reputation as a master manipulator had grown to the point where none of the other Houseguests wanted to be align with him lest they fall into one of his traps. Astoundingly, he managed to use this reputation in order to not be seen as a threat (basically, his argument went like this: "You can get rid of me at any time since no one trusts me, plus I never win competitions anyway, so you may as well get rid of some floaters/physical threats.")
- Even the Guys Want Him
- Evil Genius
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Mike
- Hunk: Will is a cross between this, a Pretty Boy and Tall, Dark and Handsome.
- In Touch with His Feminine Side: Will is very conscious of his looks and physical appearance.
- Knight Templar: Will is extremely ruthless and cunning in the game.
- Kuudere: Will is classified as a Type 2.
- Manipulative Bastard: YMMV on whether if he's a Magnificent Bastard or not.
- Mr. Fanservice: Will is widely appealing to the Big Brother female fan base.
- Pet the Dog: Surprisingly
- Seemed to genuinely value Boogie's friendship
- Openly admitted to Janelle being a good player.
- Never lied to Chicken George
- Pretty Boy: Will is a cross between this, a Hunk and Tall, Dark and Handsome. How is that even possible?
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: Will is the Blue Oni to Boogie's Red Oni.
- The Smart Guy
- Smug Snake
- The Stoic: Will is emotionless and ruthless in the game.
- The Strategist: Will is probably the most strategic player in Big Brother history.
- Tall, Dark and Handsome/Tall, Dark and Snarky
The 5th Placer of season 1, George was chosen by the production.
- Bald of Awesome: After George shaves all his hair off in Week Three to win a very important Veto competition.
- Cool Old Guy
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander
- Genre Blind: He doesn't seem to understand(or care) how game strategy works, and he's almost never in any kind of real power. Justified in that he played in season one, which involved public voting instead of what we see on TV today.
- History Repeats: Finished in 5th.
- Morality Pet: Downplayed. While he didn't exactly stop Will from doing the things he did, Chicken George has the sole distinction of being the only house guest Will felt bad about voting out.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: "Chicken" George
- Team Dad
The Runner-Up of Season 3.
- Odd Friendship: With James
- Out-Gambitted: By ChillTown.
- Out-of-Character Moment: For the first week, where her attitude is so bitter that she was nominated first alongside Alison. Fortunately, she manages to wise up quickly.
- Sassy Black Woman
- Team Mom
- Unknown Rival: To the "Sovereign Four" early on.
- Worthy Opponent
- Big Bad Wannabe
- History Repeats: Once again placed 7th out of 14th.
- Rant-Inducing Slight: When Janelle doesn't nominate ChillTown like James wants her to, he breaks away from the Sovereigns, and vows to get Janelle out of the house ASAP. After one Veto competition, he even goes on a bitter rant to the producers about how Janelle accidentally scratched him.
- Smug Snake
- Sixth Ranger Traitor: Again
- Tall, Dark and Snarky
- Unwitting Pawn: Of ChillTown.
From season 6
- Big Eater
- Boisterous Bruiser
- Butt Monkey: To Will. Will is always making fun of Howie, and he doesn't seem to have any respect for him.
- Chivalrous Pervert: Or Handsome Lech depending on whom he's talking to.
- Large Ham
- Man Child
- Took a Level in Jerkass: To some viewers. He seems a lot more mean-spirited this season.
Big Brother 6
- Badass Beard
- The Chessmaster: For the first four weeks, it looked like the Sovereign Four would run the table on the house thanks to their consecutive HOH wins and Kaysar's plan to throw all the attention on ChillTown.
- Deal with the Devil: Kaysar makes an arrangement with ChillTown to get rid of floaters over them in order to keep the house at large focused on ChillTown instead of Kaysar's alliance. It would have worked had Danielle not won HOH in Week Five.
- Disc One Final Boss: Once again.
- History Repeats: Kaysar once again ended up in 10th, just missing the jury.
- Odd Friendship: With Janelle, Howie, and James.
- Worthy Opponent: In ChillTown's eyes.
the 3rd placer from 5th Season
- Arrogant Kung-Fu Guy: He does tone it down during this season though.
- The Atoner: Jase wanted to play "nicer" this season.
- Badass Boast: When is Jase not bragging?
- The Big Guy: Is both tall and very athletic.
- Boisterous Bruiser: Jase is cocky, loud, brash and fun loving.
- The Dandy: Jase takes pride in his physical appearance.
- Deadpan Snarker: Jase always has something funny or witty to say.
- Hunk: Jase is physically attractive.
- Mr. Fanservice
- Nice Hat: Often seen wearing a cowboy hat from time to time.
- Playing Both Sides: Jase tries to this with ChillTown and the Sovereigns, but ends up getting booted in Week Three anyway.
- Took a Level in Kindness: Jase takes a conscious effort to be less of an obnoxious frat boy like he was during Season 5. It sticks for the most part.
- Unknown Rival: He was still resentful towards Nakomis for causing his eviction in Season 5, but she couldn't care less about him
- Catch Phrase: "Cool Beans".
- Deadpan Snarker: Emphasis on the "deadpan".
- Expressive Hair: Her hair is very interesting.
- Guile Hero: Often tended to depend on her smarts and strategy to further herself in the game.
- Heterosexual Life-Partners: With Diane.
- Multi Coloured Hair: During her original season, Nakomis had green hair.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: "Nakomis".
- The Strategist: Nakomis is one of the most strategic players.
- Those Two Girls: With Diane.
- Two Girl Romantic Friendship: With Diane.
- Unknown Rival: Jase was still resentful towards her for causing his eviction in Season 5, but she couldn't care less about him
- Worthy Opponent: In Kaysar's opinion.
- Alpha Bitch: And HOW! Alison is probably one of the biggest bitches in Big Brother history.
- Anything That Moves: Is well known for hooking up with many male houseguests as a strategy to stay in the game.
- The Baroness: Of the Sexpot and Rosa Klebb types.
- Bitch Alert/Bitch in Sheep's Clothing: A cross between the two.
- Card-Carrying Villain: Alison seems to embrace her role as a villain.
- The Chessmaster: Alison is very manipulative and cunning and she will use people to advance her game.
- Chronic Backstabbing Disorder: Has zero problem with throwing people under the bus and getting people to turn on each other.
- The Dark Chick: Arguably of the season.
- Disc One Final Boss: Alison is the first evicted houseguest.
- Femme Fatale: Uses her sexuality as a strategy and has hooked up with many male houseguests.
- Foil: To Janelle. They are both attractive blondes, except Janelle is a Lovable Alpha Bitch while Alison is an Alpha Bitch.
- Hello, Nurse!: Alison is physical appealing.
- Ms. Fanservice: See Hello, Nurse!
- The Rival: To Janelle.
- Show Some Leg: Seems to be part of her strategy which is seduction.
- Smug Snake
- Sugary Malice
- The Tease
- The Vamp: Has used sexuality as a strategy to get herself farther in the game.
- Worthy Opponent: She certainly could have won tons of compeitions and/or ruled the house had she been given the chance to last longer.
- This was actually why she was sent out so early - she was too dangerous.