Birth Date: January 2, 1973 (age at the time of competition: 28)Will being the considered the mastermind of the game, was invited by for Big Brother All Stars. As of Big Brother 15 onward, he is now the Jury coach and the interviewer of contestants and host Julie at the afterparty at the end of every season.
- The Ace: 17 seasons (to date) after his appearance in season 2, and Will is still considered one of, if not the best player in the history of the US edition.
- The Bad Guy Wins: The US's run and perhaps Big Brother itself's first real, dedicated villain, who easily manipulated the house through psychological warfare, and on top of that is a real doctor and versed in psychology in an early stage in its development when the other players had never resorted to cunning like that before on the show on such magnitude as Will did. He was one of the best possible picks for the show ever.
- Breakout Character: The first true example, and in such an extent that he basically set the groundwork for what make the following seasons to come great.
- Brutal Honesty: Will stated outright he was going to lie to the other Houseguests.
- Card-Carrying Villain
- The Charmer
- The Chessmaster: The very first and finest example in the history of the show. Will's gameplay is the template for many players who would come to follow him on the show, and he was the first person to play the game intensely, devotedly, and in stride.
- Consummate Liar
- Doctor Jerk
- Evil Genius
- Manipulative Bastard: He's the reason why the term "thrown under the bus" infected Big Brother. Will uses people to his own ends all the time and makes them think they're in charge. Then he upsets the balance and turns them out of the house as soon as they lose their helpfulness to his game.
- Mr. Fanservice
- Silver Fox: In his later years, Will has begun to develop a salt-and-pepper hairdo, with his sideburns going gray.
- The Smart Guy
- Tall, Dark, and Snarky
- Trope Codifier: In-universe, for Diabolical Mastermind. Will basically introduced the entire dynamic of scheming and duplicity that the series is now known for.
- Ur-Example: Will came up with the term "showmance" that is now coined among reality series as a mocking/affectionate term for Romance on the Set.
Nicole Nilson Schaffrich
Nicole Nilson Schaffrich
Bill "Bunky" Miller
- Ship Tease: With Mike
Birth Date: March 1, 1955 (age at the time of competition: 46)
Hometown: Powell, Tennessee
Occupation: Mortage Broker/Business OwnerKent BlackwelderA business owner of a mortgaging company in Powell, Tennessee, married with two children. Known well for his loud and sometimes grating Southern accent, Kent had a strong and traditional set of values. He found himself very at odds with the violent Justin and at one point in the game lost his temper and got in a major argument with another houseguest for lying to his face.Even so, Kent was known for his strong friendship with the openly gay houseguest Bunky in spite of his conservative views, including at one point allowing Bunky to sleep in the HOH bed with him. He was evicted in week 5 in a unanimous 4-0 vote, the first male houseguest in the US run to be evicted unamiously. He placed 7th and was the fifth member of the jury.Sadly, some very sorrowful news befell Big Brother fandom in the closing days of 2017. On December 23, 2017, Kent passed away at the age of 62, becoming the first Big Brother US houseguest to die.
- Actor Existence Failure: Kent passed away on December 23, 2017. He has the sad distinction of being the very first contestant in the US run of Big Brother to die.
- Berserk Button: Don't lie to him. Kent went off after being lied to.
- Character Development: Starts off as a massive homophobe, ranting about how disgusting gays were in the Diary Room, but grows out of it around Bunky.
- Companion Cube: Kent liked to talk to the cameras and joke that they could send them secret messages to him by moving the camera up or down after they'd send him a response.
- Deep South: Kent has a very thick southern drawl.
- Hidden Depths: Started off as this deeply conservative anti-gay straight-laced middle-aged man, but then developed a rich friendship with Bunky that many fans cite as one of the most beloved and personal favorite storylines of Big Brother.
- Jerkass: Kent fills the shoes of a crass, old-fashioned blue-collar man. Basically, your Archie Bunker of the family. He's regarded as one of the bigger jerks of the season at times, and not one of the most-liked players by fans.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Still, Kent has a good heart and despite regarded as an asshole, is our asshole.
- Real Men Eat Meat: He rejoiced after winning meat at one Have-Not Food Competition:Kent: Thank God we won meat, all these health nuts can have all their protein bars and shakes, but me, I just want to gnaw into a nice hunk of steak.
- Nice Hat: Seldom seen without his white ballcap.
- The Fundamentalist: Had a no-nonsense, gruff personality. It was humorous to watch him "disapprove" of the more liberal, outgoing, promiscuous personalities of the rest of the HG's.
- Must Have Nicotine: Kent smoked so much that he ran out of cigarettes during his stay in the house, and attempted to quit smoking, as production would not provide him with more. It is very heartbreaking when you learn that this habit of his eventually helped lead to his death.
- Odd Friendship: With Bunky. In a way, it's a very similar relationship to Rudy and Richard from Survivor.
- Sour Prudes: Kent didn't like being around people who had an overly healthy sex drive, that's for sure.
- The Straight Man: In a show often dominated by huge personalities and characters in recent years, his complex, but still relatable, everyday personality can be very refreshing, especially in light of recent seasons.
Mike "Boogie" Malin
Born: July 16, 1970 (age 43)
Hometown: Concord, New Hampshire
Occupation: Bar OwnerMike was chosen to compete on All-Stars and later Big Brother 14.Will's partner in crime, as part of the Chilltown alliance.
- Alliterative Name
- Jerkass: If there's something Boogie is well-known for, it's being all parts crass, sass, and especially ASS.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: Mike Boogie.
- Pretty Fly (For a White Guy)
- Ratings Stunt: His proposal to Krista that was dead by the time Big Brother 3 came around.
- UR Example: The first Head of Household ever and very first male juror in the history of the US run.
- Wacky Marriage Proposal
- Abhorrent Admirer: Can come off this way toward Hardy.
Born: 1975 (age on entry 26)
Hometown: Bayonne, New Jersey
Perhaps the most infamous contestant in the history of the US series, Justin Sebik was a terror inside the Big Brother house and is yet to be surpassed by even the worst of the worst in the most recent installments of the show, due to crossing a line no one else has in that he inadvertently put a fellow contestant's life in jeopardy. An incredible hothead with no sense of restraint, Justin basically did whatever he wanted, even if it resulted in property damage. Completely out of control and childishly harassing people like a playground bully, his time was spent antagonizing the other houseguests and creating pandemonium.Finally, he took things a step too far after a drunken escapade with Krista led to them both sprawled out on top of the kitchen countertop and flirting, where one very soused Justin had the bright idea to take out a knife from one of the nearby drawers and joke about killing her in jest. The resulting spectacle caused a blackout on the live feeds (the footage of the incident was unsuitable for viewers due to its perilously dark nature) and Justin's immediate summoning to the Diary Room where the producer and the show's psychiatrist confronted him. Discovering that Justin was a loose cannon incapable of recognizing his wrongdoings, even if they meant he could unintentionally harm somebody, for the good of the house, the decision was made to eject him from the game. Justin was Expelled from the house and automatically finished in last place, before anyone was even evicted, preceding even the first official live eviction.
- 0% Approval Rating: Forget everything even the most disliked contestants have ever done on Big Brother. None of them have ever reached Justin Sebik's level of insanity. This guy is THE most hated contestant of them all. Why? He was amused by the idea of killing someone while drunk. And then proceeded to ACTUALLY ACT IT OUT WITH A SHARPENED KNIFE.
- Black Sheep: Went on the show thinking it was like the bar he tended, and brought with him so much violence that the show had to cut him loose. He's also the reason the show stopped allowing unrestricted access to alcohol in the game (which was one hell of a bad idea in the first place, playing with fire like that and waiting for the inevitable), because he almost broke a wine bottle on the basketball court and his and Krista's drunken antics were a final straw that got him drummed out.
- Blue and Orange Morality: Virtually all he did on the show was some form of delinquency, from pissing on a window to trashing a chess set. Then he threatened Kent with violence and got called to the Diary Room and given a verbal warning about his behavior. He even threatened to hold someone down and inflict a kidney shot in the hours before his dismissal from the game. And finally, he saw no harm in the idea of casually asking to kill a girl while holding a knife. But he didn't seem to register that any of this was wrong behavior... in his book, it's "intimidation". That's why the producers expelled him.
- JERKASS: Sweet merciful Jesus. Even for this show, Justin was in a league of his own. He reached loan shark-level vicious, threatening to punch and even stab people, and is the key reason why Big Brother tightened down on the rules and who they allow onto to the show.
- Joisey: He's a New Jersey native, all right, and the violent disposition proves it if the accent don't.
- Jumped Off The Slippery Slope: Took it way too far when he unwittingly threatened to inflict a Slashed Throat... and he was forcefully called into the Diary Room to talk with the show's very own psychologist.
- Non-Gameplay Elimination: After repeatedly threatening to do bodily harm to his fellow houseguests, he was finally expelled after holding a knife to Krista's throat.
- O.O.C. Is Serious Business: He actually instigated a non-standard diary room session with no music added and played totally serious that felt more like the producers were probing how the contestants were feeling after Justin's ejection from the game and like interviews as opposed to nonchalant thoughts.
- Psychopathic Manchild: As the game continued, this lunatic lost his mind and went into a demented state. What he did was genuinely scary and unforgivable... but he kept an eerily childlike smile on his face, as seen in the diary room sessions, and claimed he knew what he was doing was close to crossing the line. He didn't learn his lesson; he was given a final warning to stop with the violence. Hardy called him a "dangerous third grader" and also threatened to have him on the ground if he tried something, being a security guard. He also jokingly thought about cracking Krista over the head with a dustpan and talking about killing her! Hell, the actual psychologist of the show had to chat with him for an extensive period of time, and a producer was present as well. The fact that Justin was able to clearly recite the warning he was given earlier was enough to convince them that he needed OUT of the game and out FAST.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: Almost never wears a shirt and is always flashing his abs.
- Wham Line: Drunken Justin joking, "Would you get mad if I killed you?"