Characters: Big Brother 6
AlliancesOne of the main reason for the success for this season is because of the battle between two different alliances, the Friendship and the Sovereign 6.
open/close all folders
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: Despite most of the members are considered trainwrecks, they are competent in the HOH and POV challenges.
- Cult: After her partner Eric leaves, Maggie ends up having almost cult-like control over everyone in the house who isn't in the Sovereign Six alliance.
- Fan Nickname: The Nerd Herd by the (many) fans who disliked them.
- Five-Man Band: While it started with six, it played it straight after Cappy left.
- Human Shield
- Jennifer, when she was targeted over other Friendship members by Janelle won HOH, after the pressure cooker week. To be fair, she did it to herself.
- April for Maggie in the Final 4, April even stated that she would never campaign against her when Ivette is the deciding vote.
- The Bad Guys Win: Definitely by the fans
- Teeth-Clenched Teamwork: Ivette and April actually don't get along well. In fact, one of the main reasons that they are willing to work with each other is because of Maggie.
- 0% Approval Rating: With the exception of Ivette, they are almost universally despised by the fan base
- Can't Catch Up
- Dwindling Party: While both alliances lose the members from time to time, the Sovereign dwindles faster before them.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: Howie (with his first HOH) and Kaysar (when he came back) made fatal decisions that gives the remaining members a disadvantage against the Friendship.
- Ragtag Bunch of Misfits: That eventually became True Companions
- Six Student Clique: After Micheal's eviction
- The Leader: Kaysar
- The Lancer: Janelle and James, when he is not backstabbing anybody
- The Big Guy: Howie, he is the first person to win 2 HOH in this season.
- The Smart Chick: Rachel
- The Chick: Sarah, when she is with the alliance
- The Dark Chick: Sarah,when she is sticking to James
- Sixth Ranger: James, when he is with the alliance
- Sixth Ranger Traitor: James, when he is attempting to make deals with the other alliance respectively.
- Team Spirit
- The Runner Up Takes It All: Four of the Sovereign members came back for All Stars representing Season 6 and Janelle even came back for the third time as a mentor. Sadly, none of them (including Janelle's third try) even came close to the finale.
- Underdogs Never Lose: Averted.
- Alpha Bitch
- The Bad Girl Wins
- Batman Gambit: Maggie managing to convince Howie to nominate James and Sarah during Week 5 ends up having a cascading effect which ultimately destroys the Sovereign Six alliance.
- Consummate Liar
- Determinator: Competed in the pressure cooker challenge.
- Heart In Mook Clothing: She uses this as a strategy to avoid being targeted by the SOV members.
- Irony: Maggie's mother was a anti-war activist, while Maggie herself became the leader of one of the alliance in the alliance war.
- Not Bad: Disliked by fans. But some of them are willing to take a stand for her because she played masterfully.
- From an excerpt from Jeffrey Clinard (from Reality News Online) about Janelle and Maggie:
- "While she (Janelle) was a strong player who could win competitions, Maggie outplayed her on the social end let her alliance do most of the dirty work for her. In another world Janelle might have won, but in this game, Maggie was calling the shots for a long time. To me, that makes Maggie an excellent Big Brother player"
- Passive-Aggressive Kombat: She never once raises her voice or starts a fight while in the house, but she's probably the bitchiest girl there.
- The Quiet One: Let's just say that she was not made for television. But definitely for a competition like this one.
- Reality Show Genre Blindness: Believe it or not, she never watched the show before competing.
- Proof: She believe James that the HOH room was not being filmed for the show, so she spews out comments that angers live feeders in the HOH room. Like discussing a wrongful death case in which she lied on the stand for another nurse that accidentally killed someone.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: Subtly, but you could see it during the week after Cappy left.
- Sweet Tooth: She once tells the Big Brother about the candies that she wants when nobody in the house is watching, to the point that it irritated Big Brother and tells her to stop.
- Supporting Leader: While her teammates win HOHs, POVs, caused dramas and moments, she just... hides in the background and boosts their morale.
- Determinator: was one of the last people standing in the pressure cooker challenge.
- Devoted to You: For some reason, she was completely obsessed with Cappy early on, and displayed almost cult-like affection for him. After he left in Week Three, she would also constantly talk about him and how she misses him.
- Guilt By Association: While no where near as bad as the rest of the Friendship, she receives minus points for allying with them.
- Have You Tried Being Straight?: Before the finale, Maggie asks if Ivette would go back at men?
- Answer: Don't think so, because she basically doesn't like penis. She says that it just hangs there looking like it is going to attack, then it dance around and grows.
- Ineffectual Sympathetic Villain
- Irrational Hatred: For Janelle.
- Lipstick Lesbian
- No Sympathy For Grudgeholders: According to James, Ivette was mad at Howie for not voting for her to win for 10 years.
- Odd Friendship: With James.
- Token Good Teammate: Considered the only likable member of the Friendship by most of the fan base.
- Twofer Token Minority: Is gay and Hispanic.
- Action Girl: While not really dominant like All-Stars, it was still decent for a season where most contestants won a HOH or POV.
- Alpha Bitch: Subverted. While Janelle could definitely be mean, it only started after the other half of the house(especially Ivette) tried to character assassinate her.
- Determinator: Pressure cooker challenge.
- Easily Forgiven: David Bloomberg from Reality News Online sums it up on this trope:
- "Objectively speaking, if Janelle had not been on the alliance that I favored, I would probably found some of her actions and statements distasteful. But she was on the "right" side, I found them amusing."
- Genius Bonus: After the final 3 Part 1 HOH, Janelle told everyone that she had bad knees and hips because of her zodiac sign. If you research the Western Zodiac sign, her's (a Capricorn) body can be frail especially towards the knees and the bone structure.
- Hello, Nurse!
- Hidden Depths: She once lived to Russia for a school term.
- Odd Friendship: With Howie, Rachel, and Kaysar. They eventually become True Companions.
- Roaring Rampage of Revenge: After Kaysar leaves, Janelle starts winning tons of competitions and making the Nerd Herd's life a living hell when she's not busy evicting them.
- Gossipy Hen
- Smoking Is Not Cool: She smokes a lot, to the point where she actually finishes her own supply of smokes and had to use everyone else's instead. Most of them pointed out at this.
- Smug Snake
- Those Two Girls: Along with her partner, Jennifer.
- Wall of Blather: She could whine on and on and on...
- Younger Than They Look
- Big Eater
- Boisterous Bruiser
- Chivalrous Pervert: Well, most of the time anyway.
- Man Child: Howie could be the trope image for this if he were more well known.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: During the entire week when he won his first HOH, he spared any members of the Friendship (that are totally loyal to their alliance), and instead nominate James and Sarah (while not really loyal, they would rather be allied with his alliance, the Sovereign).
- At that time, there are 5 members of the Friendship and 5 members of the Sovereign. Since Howie is the Ho H, he can't vote someone off. And since James and Sarah are both nominated and ineligible to vote, it gives the Friendship the majority to vote off anybody of that week even with the use of POV.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: He gave an epic one to April.
- Black Best Friend: To Ivette.
- Cannot Hold His Liquor
- Camp Gay
- Determinator: Even if he was the first person out of the pressure cooker challenge, he made it SEVEN HOURS.
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: Janelle. Surprisingly, the two are friends after the game is finished.
- The Sixth Ranger: Originally, Ivette's girlfriend was going to be cast.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute: He was obviously cast to be similar to Marcellas from Big Brother 3.
- The Ace: James won the most Veto competitions in this season, earning himself the title "The Veto King".
- Big Bad Wannabe
- Booze-Based Buff: In his online profile, he claims he is very boring until alcohol comes out.
- Chronic Backstabbing Disorder
- Which also became his Fatal Flaw, as the crack between the Friendship and the Sovereign Six became a point of no return (thanks to week 6),no one (except for James himself) even tried to switch alliances
- Determinator: Spent a lot of time in the pressure cooker.
- Enemy Mine: Depending on which side is in power that week, James will side with them since neither alliance fully trusts him.
- Odd Friendship: With Ivette.
- The Starscream: To EVERYONE.
- Tall, Dark and Snarky
- Odd Friendship: With Howie.
- Only Sane Woman: She's by far the most calm and level-headed person in the house.
- Revenge Before Reason: When Ivette made it to the Final 2, she voted against Ivette because Ivette insulted her at Ivette's goodbye video to her. She even threaten Howie to vote with her, swearing not to speak with Howie again if Howie did not do so.
- Accentuate the Negative: Does anybody remembers that she won the "Pressure Cooker" HOH?
- Determinator: Held a button for fourteen hours.
- Disproportionate Retribution: After she breaks her word to Kaysar during Week 6(only one week after he returned to the house) and evicts him, she gets insulted and berated by the rest of the Sovereigns so much that you almost begin to feel sorry for her.
- Gossipy Hen
- Out of Focus: She's a relatively minor character before Week 6 and 7.
- Those Two Girls: With her partner, April.
- Back from the Dead
- Badass Beard
- Determinator: Held a button for fourteen hours.
- Disc One Final Boss
- Irony: WonHOH, forms the Sovereign and successfully takes out Cappy, the leader of the Friendship. A week later, Maggie wonHOH, strengthened the Friendship alliance and successfully takes out Kaysar, the leader of the Sovereign.
- Adding to the salt that Maggie is the person that is sitting next to Cappy for nomination, and replaced Cappy as the more successful leader for the Friendship.
- La Résistance: Kaysar starts a counter-alliance against Cappy's "Friendship" after his partner Michael is evicted.
- Real Men Love Allah
- Smart People Play Chess: He is constantly seen playing chess in the house.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: Give an opposing alliance member HOH, and gets the revolving door treatment.
- Arc Villain
- Bald of Evil
- Berserk Button: Don't insult his family.
- Double Standard: Lampshaded at the finale, Eric defended Jennifer's decision of promising Kaysar to not nominate him and then sealed his fate, by telling that Kaysar did the same thing to Eric, but somehow Jennifer was hated while Kaysar was not.
- Foreshadowing: After his eviction, he said to Julie that the SOV just kept the bigger threat (Maggie) in the house...
- Hair-Trigger Temper
- The Napoleon
- Small Name, Big Ego: He unknowingly channels Micheal after he is nominated, minus the flirting part.
- Only Known by Their Nickname: "Cappy"(he's a Fire captain).
- Gratuitous Foreign Language: In his bio, it is stated that he knows Italian, French, English and had just learned Arabic in Abu Dhabi.
- Small Name, Big Ego: An excerpt from David Bloomberg of Reality News Online:
- Terrible Artist: His terrible part is actually about his flirting skills on the woman in the house, despite being a foreigner born in Paris.
- A defining case is that while April stated her rejection, he still flirted with her. It is also the main reason for the fight with him between Eric.
- Mistaken For Transgender: Before the show started, she is rumored to be a transgender (which is false).
- We Hardly Knew Ye: Even she herself lampshaded the fact that she is disappointed to be the first houseguest evicted, and doesn't think people got to know her.
- Even Ivette said that she misses Ashlea the least when being questioned by Julie.
- Why Waste a Wedding?: July 9 2005 (Day 3), she admits that she has been engaged FOUR TIMES.