open/close all folders
The Main Five
Sonic the Hedgehog
Power: Super SpeedThe mainest of the main characters, he was the first one to get a story arc centered around him. An optimistic guy with a thirst for adventure and a swanky bi-plane to boot, he’s got a heart as big as his belly and a willingness to help others that has yet to be matched. He answers questions as positively as possible.
- Acrofatic: He looks chubby, which is interesting because the artist of the Juice 'verse makes him appear more proportionate to a real-life hedgehog. Doesn't stop him from being the fastest thing alive.
- All of the Other Reindeer: He's picked on for being Jewish on occasion. The bullying was implied to be bad enough to the point where he barely managed to hold in his rage when he meets up with one of his bullies.
- Blue Is Heroic: Well, Sonic wouldn't be Sonic if he wasn't blue!
- Captain Crash: On the day he met Tails, he was trying out flying the Tornado for the first time and ended up crash-landing.
- Disappeared Dad: Sonic’s father is deceased. It’s unknown how he died.
- Distressed Dude: In a role-reversal of Sonic the Hedgehog CD, Rosy had to rescue him from Metal Sonic at one point.
- Enemy Within: Super Sonic, which references the Fleetway 'verse.
- Fat Idiot: Subverted.
- The Hero: Of the entire Juice 'verse.
- Kid Hero: His exploits and battles against Eggman started when he was very young.
- Nice Guy: Like his game incarnation, he doesn't hate anyone in particular, and is even chums with Eggman when they're not fighting each other. He even tries to answer questions in the nicest way possible. But when he encountered a bully from a neighboring town who previously tormented him for being Jewish, he barely kept his rage in.
- Nice Jewish Boy: Who would’ve thought that Sonic would be such a good Jewish character?
- Twitchy Eye/The Unsmile: His reaction gets these when he meets up with a bully who previously tormented him for being Jewish.
- Weirdness Magnet: Though the planet he lives on seems weird enough already...
- You Have to Have Jews: There doesn’t seem to be any reason for Sonic to be Jewish other than a funny conversation about bad comic art.
Miles “Tails” Prower
Power: FlightSonic’s plucky little brother who lives with him rather than with the rest of Sonic’s family. He is very innocent and kind, but there seems to be some tension between him and Sonic that has yet to be resolved. He answers as many questions as he can, but if he doesn’t understand the question he’ll give it to Sonic.
- Child Prodigy: Evidently, he still has his gadget expertise and his affinity for airplanes just like his game incarnation does.
- Children Are Innocent: Sometimes he just doesn’t understand the question he’s given.
- Distressed Dude: Metal Sonic kidnapped him to learn the true meaning of Hanukkah.
- Half-Dressed Cartoon Animal: Wears a jacket, gloves, and shoes, but no pants.
- Happily Adopted: He seems pretty happy in a family of hedgehogs.
- Intelligence Equals Isolation: Implied by how lonesome Tails is in this question.
- The Lancer: To Sonic, natch.
Knuckles the Echidna
Power: GeokinesisThe grumpy guardian of Angel Island, he guards the Chaos Emeralds from falling into the wrong hands. He takes his job extremely seriously and doesn’t seem to be fluent in English (or whatever language they’re speaking…). He prefers to answer with actions rather than words.
- Bare-Fisted Monk: Presumably, if those bandages on his arms are any indication.
- Beat the Curse Out of Him: Apparently the intro cutscene for Sonic the Hedgehog 3 happened because Sonic was in his evil Super form and was going on a rampage through Angel Island, making Knuckles go stop him.
- The Big Guy
- Cool Shades: Happens when asked why he’s “so gangsta”.
- Does Not Like Shoes: Unlike his game incarantion, he goes about his day entirely barefoot.
- Hidden Eyes: He does have eyes, they're just hidden underneath his hat.
- Grumpy Bear
- Last of His Kind: Of the echidnas possibly, since there's no one living anywhere in Mobius besides Knuckles (albeit on Angel Island). He does mention another echidna, Tikal, but it's possible she died a long time ago.
- Real Men Wear Pink: He knitted his own hat.
- Scary Black Man: He’s got the darkest (visible) skin of all the characters, and he can be pretty frightening when he’s angry.
- Vague Age: While his game incarnation pegs him at 16 years, in the Juice 'verse he seems to be incredibly long-lived for an echidna, despite being physically around the age of Sonic and co.
- Walking Shirtless Scene: He doesn't wear shirts at all. Just pants, a hat, and arm wraps.
Rosy the Rascal
Power: Tracking SkillsA much more tomboyish interpretation, Rosy the Rascal seems to have all of the coolness factor of Modern Sonic that couldn’t be utilized with the actual blue dude with a ‘tude. She has many hobbies and has a sporty flair about her that gives her a certain charm. She only scratches the surface when she answers questions, and there’s usually more than what she’s saying to the answer.
- Action Girl: She saved Sonic from Metal Sonic, for one.
- The Chick
- Damsel in Distress
- Disappeared Dad: Her father is never mentioned. Her mother, on the other hand...
- Drop the Hammer: She won it after finishing in the top 3 of an Ex-World Grand Prix.
- Intergenerational Friendship: Two ways; she’s at least twice as old as her friend Cream, but she’s less than half the age of her sparring buddy Shadow.
- The Mafia: Her family is possibly implied to be this, which might explain why she ran away from home and dodges the subject whenever her family's mentioned.
- Meaningful Rename: Her original name is Amy Rose, but changed it to "Rosy the Rascal" after running away from her family to disconnect herself from them.
- Pink Is Feminine: Is colored pink, but her personality is mostly tomboyish and she's not afraid to jump into action when needed.
- The Runaway: She seems to be actively avoiding her mother.
- Short Tank: Her more tomboyish traits are balanced by some remaining femininity.
Dr. Ivo “Eggman” Robotnik
Power: Super IntelligenceA more human interpretation of ol’ Eggy, Eggman here has a solid, non-Generic Doomsday Villain goal and a meaningful history to match. That doesn’t mean he doesn’t forget that the place he’s trying to build his theme park on doesn’t have any objections. He used to be a College Math Teacher, so he offers the most detailed answers to questions.
- Anti-Villain: He’s not really a bad guy, he just makes a lot of bad decisions.
- Ambiguously Human: Well, he’s an Overlander, so this trope is applied rather loosely, but he does seem to share more similarities with the robot characters than with other Overlanders.
- Goal in Life: He wants to build his own theme park. When someone asked if he also wanted to take over the world, his response is to thoroughly deconstruct the notion.
- Enemy Mine
- Friendly Enemy: Sonic seems hesitant to invite him to his next birthday party, but they’re on very nice terms either way.
- Man Child: He has an air of childishness to just about everything he does.
- Take Over the World: Averted, as he thoroughly Deconstructs the notion as a rather foolish idea.
Vector the Crocodile
Power: Super ImaginationA fatherly crocodile with a lot of gold on his person, he loves his family to pieces and is pretty competent in detective work. He spends most of his time keeping his family from killing each other. As he is used to simplifying his explanations for his kids, he’s very good at giving simple, easy to understand answers.
- Good Parents: He and Espio are these to Charmy and Cheese.
- Happily Married: Or he would be, if it were legal, to Espio.
- Private Detective: It’s his job. But unlike his game incarnation, he's really good at it.
- Magician Detective: His power can presumably be used to gather information from sources otherwise unreachable.
- Standard '50s Father: He doesn’t appear to be from the 50’s, but he fits the trope all the same.
- Straight Gay: No stereotypical mannerisms, really.
Espio the Chameleon
Power: InvisibilityA rather quiet and reserved man of very small stature. He doesn’t seem to take the initiative on a lot of things and can be rather passive. He usually only answers questions in one-word text answers, but when he answers more thoroughly he tends to use visual shorthand.
- Culture Equals Costume: Espio doesn’t seem to dress any differently than he would if he were still in Shamar.
- Straight Gay: No particular behavior as a result of being gay.
- The Quiet One: Doesn’t like talking to strangers. He seems to talk more to those he knows personally.
Power: Super StrengthA young, hyperactive and annoying boy who is under the care of Espio. He used to have difficulties with his strength before Espio disciplined him. He answers questions with facts.
- Does Not Know His Own Strength: In his backstory; he’s since learned how to control it.
- Happily Adopted: By Vector and Espio.
- Has Two Daddies
- Muscles Are Meaningless: His limbs are about as thick as a leek.
- Nerd Glasses: He has his own pair, unlike the ones used for Expo Speak posts.
- Pint-Sized Powerhouse: His main ability is super strength and he’s smaller than Cream, and she’s pretty dang small.
Cream the Rabbit
Power: Super ImaginationA sweet but airy little girl with an uncontrolled power. She tends to creep people out and worry them with her incomprehensible visions. She answers questions as best she can, but they might not be very accurate.
- Children Are Innocent: Cream doesn't seem to know the difference between the real world and her imaginary world.
- Curtains Match the Window: Partially. Due to Mismatched Eyes, one eye matches her hair color, while the other matches the color of her ears.
- Creepy Child: She was diagnosed with schizophrenia and worries people with her visions.
- Happily Adopted: By Vector and Espio.
- Has Two Daddies: Vector and Espio are her (adoptive) fathers.
- Harmful to Minors: She was born with an ability she didn't understand or have control over, and her resulting eccentric behavior got her diagnosed with schizophrenia and institutionalized at a very young age.
- Imaginary Friend: Due to her power, she has several friends only she can see, including Mighty the Armadillo, Cheese the Chao, Big the Cat, and Nack the Weasel.
- Mismatched Eyes: Has one orange eye and one brown eye.
- Parental Abandonment: Her backstory in regards to how she ended up institutionalized in the first place gives off rather unsettling implications.
- Power Incontinence: Doesn't even seem to know she has a power.
Silver the Cyborg
Power: PsychokinesisA small, shy boy from the future who seems to have a very long stint of poor luck in regards to… just about everything he does, actually. He’s actually kinda stupid when you think about it. He’s more likely to react to a question than answer it.
- Adorkable: He dons a hat to relate to non-robots better, then draws on it with crayon to make it less frightening.
- Adorably Precocious Child: He acts a lot younger than he is in the games.
- Cybernetics Eat Your Soul: Averted.
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero: Is somehow responsible for the Gaia Cataclysm.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning: Only his human portraits.
Blaze the Queen
Power: PyrokinesisA Queen from the future who was the only source of heat for miles. It is unknown why she came back from the future, but she now acts as Silver’s caretaker. She is kind of rude and biting, so be cautious when asking her questions.
- Cool Big Sis: Silver sees her as a big sister figure.
- Mama Bear: She can be kind of protective to Silver.
- Not So Above It All: She plays pretend with Silver.
- Tsundere: Has a crush on Sonic that she’s not willing to admit to.
- The Woman Wearing the Queenly Mask: “I had to be there for anyone who needed me.”
Power: Master of DisguiseInitially created to capture and replace Sonic the Hedgehog, a change in plans halfway through led to him never replacing Sonic in favor of keeping him contained. That didn’t do any wonders for his mental health. Metal Sonic tends to overreact and be humorous while answering questions.
- Beware the Silly Ones: While he may be rather silly, he’s kidnapped both Sonic and Tails on different occasions.
- Cloudcuckoolander: In short; his favorite flavor of frisbee is Satanic Death Christ.
- I Just Want to Be You: He wants to be the Real Sonic so very, very badly.
- Insane Troll Logic: He keeps trying to claim to be the real Sonic, with extremely faulty logic to prove why.
- Laughably Evil: Metal Sonic's goal is to dispose of the real Sonic and usurp his identity, but his over-the-top answers to things are very hard to take seriously.
- Shout-Out: He once dressed up as Mrs. Nesbitt when he thought about a question too hard.
Shadow the Stranger
Power: Time TravelA very moody and brooding character who doesn’t talk much. He still has trouble coming to terms with his past and is being haunted by his memories at almost all hours. He’s more likely to answer your question if he has spoken to you before or if you’re not anonymous while asking.
- Antihero: He’s probably the one that blew up the Black Comet.
- Badass Biker: His main go-to vehicle is a motorcycle, and is quite capable by himself.
- Cowboy Cop: Evokes this feel in his dress and occupation. He even has a motorcycle stand-in for a horse.
- Dark and Troubled Past: Just like his game incarnation, he was created by his father figure Gerald as a means to a cure for his granddaughter Maria, who was born with NIDS (Nazo-Immune Deficiency Syndrome). He and Maria bonded, with the latter becoming Shadow's Cool Big Sis. How closely it follows Sonic Adventure 2 is currently unknown as it was explained through flashbacks and what little information Shadow is willing to provide, but if Maria's death in the Juice 'verse is of any indication, G.U.N may have been involved.
- The Gunslinger: His main form of combat is the use of guns, just like his game incarnation.
- The Quiet One: It’s a character trait. However, he's more talkative around familiar people and/or trusted friends like Rouge.
- Red and Black and Evil All Over: Subverted; he's a good guy, but with more dubious morals than Sonic.
- Set Right What Once Went Wrong: He once tried going back in time to the day Maria was killed so he can save her, but he learned that saving the person who was like a sister to him meant he had to die in her place instead.
- Tragic Keepsake: His hat was given to him by Maria before she died, and has been wearing it ever since.
Rouge the Bat
Power: Super HearingA skilled and womanly espionage agent for the Guardian Units of Nations (G.U.N), Rouge can blend into any situation and get just about any kind of info out of any kind of person. She’s also rather flirtatious and sassy when she wants to be. She gives easily understandable answers out of courtesy, but sometimes her answers are censored for revealing too much classified information.
- All of the Other Reindeer: Implied. She stated that people "gave her grief" for being a wingless when she was younger.
- Classified Information: Every time her answers reveal sensitive information, they're blacked out.
- Fingerless Gloves: She wears a pair of these that stop just below her shoulders.
- Impossible Hourglass Figure: She was drawn with one, likely to imitate her game incarnation.
- Muggle Born of Mages: She was born without wings, but it doesn’t seem to bother her anymore.
- The Noseless: Due to the art style, she doesn't have a nose at all, unlike some of her fellow Mobians.
- Sensory Overload: Because of her enhanced hearing senses, loud noises really bother her.
Power: Hammer SpaceA rogue robot under the command of G.U.N. He doesn’t seem to emote much beyond a sheer disinterest in whatever is going on. If you want to know something about Omega, ask Rouge instead.
- The Comically Serious: In this post, he was riding up an escalator donning a funny hat and a pair of balloons. The next post got even sillier.
- Do-Anything Robot: His hammerspace allows him to stuff just about anything into his arms and pop them back out at a moment’s notice.
- The Quiet One: He's a robot, but unlike Metal Sonic, he doesn't talk much. So Rouge does most of the talking.
- The Stoic: Hardly ever emotes.
Jet the Hawk
Power: Master StrategistA slimeball and Attention Whore who insists he’s going to win the next Ex-World Grand Prix. He doesn’t answer questions.
- Arrogant Kung-Fu Guy: Well, Extreme Gear in this case, but you get the idea.
- Braids, Beads and Buckskins: He used to look like he was wearing a Plains Indians war bonnet.
Storm the Albatross
Power: AerokinesisA kind, giant boy who lives with his grandfather and deals with his antics. He doesn’t answer questions, but he lives very close to Sonic.
- Gentle Giant: He doesn’t seem to act particularly antagonistic to anyone.
- Raised by Grandparents: Old Man Owl is his grandfather.
Wave the Swallow
Power: TechnopathAn elegant girl of purple, she doesn’t look anything at all like the rather boyish girl she truly is. She doesn’t answer questions.
Power: OmnipotenceThe god of the night. He doesn’t (usually) answer questions.
- Composite Character: Of Mephiles the Dark and Dark Gaia.
- Physical God
- The Sacred Darkness: Represents darkness and the night.
Power: OmnipotenceThe heroine of lore and goddess of the twilight. She doesn’t answer questions.
- Composite Character: Of Sonic the Werehog and the ghost girl from Night of the Werehog.
- Ideal Hero: Many legends tell of the “Heroine of Gaia,” implying some sort of heroic past.
- Physical God
Power: OmnipotenceThe god of the day. He doesn’t answer questions.
Rob O’ the Tyrants
Power: Aiming SkillsRosy’s cousin and fellow runaway. He’s a skilled archer.
- Archer Archetype: Is good at wielding a bow and arrow, just like his comic incarnation.
- Badass Cape/In the Hood: He wears a dark green cloak tied around his neck that also has a hood.
- The Mafia: His family is implied to be this, which explains why he ran away.
- The Runaway: Just like Rosy, he is actively avoiding his family, if his name change is to be of indication.
- The Quiet One: His profile describes him as "tight-lipped".
Old Man Owl
Power: Force FieldsStorm’s kooky grandfather and Sonic’s neighbor from the other side of the lake.
Sally AcornPower: Super SightThe princess of Christmas Island in charge of tourism.
- Curtains Match the Window: Has red eyes and red hair.
- The Leader
- Well, Excuse Me, Princess!
- Your Cheating Heart: Initially a girlfriend of Sonic's, but they broke up once it was discovered she was seeing Ken Khan behind his back because "he was cute". Leaving Sonic with heartache and self-blame.
Power: PrehensilityThe strange, monochrome CEO of the Ex-World Sports Company that distributes Extreme Gear. She’s related to Madotsuki Metora.
- Bilingual Bonus: This post has her speaking Japanese.
- Dark and Troubled Past: When she was younger, her sister Madotsuki (yes, that one) committed suicide, and the only thing that kept her going after the tragedy was her love of sports. And because she was born just after the end of Surface War II, it's implied that she had to grow up dealing with the fallout of the war.
- Expy / Composite Character: Of Monoe and Monoko from Yume Nikki.
- Never a Self-Made Woman: Averted. This post detailed how she got to where she was.
- Prehensile Hair: Her main ability.
Power: NoneBorn with a deadly genetic defect that left her without a power, Maria lived on the Space Colony Ark until her death at age 12.
- Cool Big Sis: Was one to Shadow in his backstory.
- Exhausted Eye Bags: Has these, to show the physical side-effects of being an Ill Girl.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold: Has blonde hair and has not a single mean bone in her body.
- Heroic Sacrifice: Like her game incarnation, she protected Shadow by taking a bullet meant for him.
- Ill Girl: Was born like this just like in Sonic Adventure 2, but unlike her game incarnation, in the Juice 'verse she looks very sickly and weak. Shadow explains in this post that she was born with the rare but deadly Nazo-Immune Deficiency Syndrome, which is what happens when a person was born without the Nazo-Immune Cell, a special cell that is responsible for everyone in the Juice 'verse having superpowers. Its symptoms include the inability to digest certain foods, thin skin, occasional hair loss, and body-wide muscle atrophy.
- Posthumous Character: She died sometime before the Juice 'verse's main storyline.
- Too Good for This Sinful Earth: One of the nicest characters in the Juice 'verse. Of course she had to die.
- True Blue Femininity: Like her game incarnation, she wears blue.
- Un-Sorcerer: Born without powers, which left her severely ill as a result.
Charlie “Omochao” O’Molly
Power: OmniglotA talkative announcer and huge fan of The Chao Garden.