Analysis: Red Oni, Blue Oni
Possible varieties of "Red Oni, Blue Oni" dynamicAs the main page says, in Red Oni, Blue Oni dynamic, Red is usually more emotional and Hot-Blooded, while Blue is calmer and more prone to thinking before acting. However, many varieties are possible. Here are some of them, organized as "red - blue":
- The McCoy - The Spock: Pretty much the basic set-up. Red is emotional and acts before he thinks, while Blue is rational and thinks before he acts. Presented with hostage situation, Red will immediately send in the SWAT teams and Blue will try negotiations first.
- More Dakka - Awesomeness by Analysis: Or Force And Finesse. Might be military setting. In this case, Red believes that sufficient firepower will end up breaking the enemy, while Blue looks for sneaky and tricky approaches. When they have to enter the room, Red will blow up the door, while Blue will use the air vents.
- Confusion Fu User - Cold Sniper: Possible in The Squad. The Red in this case prefers close combat, while Blue strikes from distance with surgical precision. If attacked, Red will immediately strike back and Blue will try to back off into more advantageous position.
- Keet - Shrinking Violet: School settings, family settings and similar. Red is cheerful, energetic and friends with everyone or almost everyone, while Blue avoids people and doesn't feel well around them. When at new school, Red will sit in the front and ask questions to everybody, while Blue will sit in back corner and pick everything up as he goes.
- Fragile Speedster - Mighty Glacier: Settings with combat. Red charges to the battle with little to no defense and acts quickly, thinking on his feet and dealing Death of a Thousand Cuts, while Blue prefers slow, methodical approach that nevertheless breaks the enemy down.
- Genki Girl - Emotionless Girl: School and family settings. Red is energetic, overly emotional and impulsive and Blue is serene, silent and blending in with the background. When late, Red will cry, apologize on her knees and keep on talking about it and Blue will quietly and formally apologize.
- Na´ve Newcomer - Broken Ace: Organizations. Red is idealistic and full of ideas he wants to put into action, while Blue has spent his time in the organization and is rather disillusioned. When the situation is impossible to win, Red will fight against it, while Blue will back off and accept defeat.
- Unstoppable Rage - Tranquil Fury: Mostly combat settings. In this case, Red often has Hair-Trigger Temper and when annoyed, bursts out in absolute, shrieking fury, while Blue takes time to break, and then it seems that his mind jumps into higher gear with a single focus in mind. When taunted too much, Red will punch the opponent until there's nothing left, and Blue will calmly kill him with one strike.
- Agent Mulder - Agent Scully: Both crime and school settings. Here Red readily believes even the wildest theories, while Blue is more mundane, down to earth and prefers rational explanation. Much like X-Files' Mulder and Scully, when confronted with mysterious murder, Red will start looking for proof of aliens, while Blue will check existing explanations first.
- Bad Cop - Good Cop: Crime settings. Red is no-nonsense, expects quick results and believes that violence is the best option, while Blue tries to understand and be nice, believing that all can be solved calmly. When facing Powder Keg Crowd, Red will use water cannons while Blue will try Shaming the Mob.
- Manly Man - Sensitive Guy: Romance and action. Red is strong, macho and self-confident, while Blue is aware of his own shortcomings and more shy. When they want to start dating a girl, Red will try to impress her and Blue will buy her flowers.
- Veronica - Betty: Romance setting. Red is more exotic, wild and outspoken and Blue is calm, somewhat dull and less attractive. When on a date, Red will use She's Got Legs and Absolute Cleavage to her advantage, while Blue will start a conversation and express interest in the boy.
- Performer - Technician: Every setting. Red does everything impulsively, without plan, relying on his instinct. Blue makes a plan and trains to do all perfectly. When writing a book, Red just sits down and writes, making all up as he goes, while Blue first spends hours on designing characters and the world.
- Force - Finesse: Mostly combat settings. Red prefers raw power to overcome his opposition, while Blue prefers deadly precision. In martial arts settings, Red will prefer a hard style that focuses on strength, while Blue will choose a style that targets the weak points of the enemy or uses his strength against him. Red will more often than not wield a BFS, while Blue will choose a weapon such as the katana or the rapier that will allow him to strike with precision.