- Alternate Character Interpretation:
- Is d a Jerkass, a Jerk with a Heart of Gold, a shy lad who can't talk to anyone properly (let alone girls), or a kid with an Inferiority Superiority Complex hiding behind a jerkass facade?
- Is d an incompetent trainer or simply a neglectful one? Considering that he did beat the Elite Four and finish his run in 5 days, he has some sort of skill.
- There have been some debates as to whether d is a remarkably pretty young man or a crossdressing young woman, similar to the debates about 4.
- d's friends: Friends who just happen to tease him a bit more often than usual, or Jerkasses who mock him at every turn?
- Broken Base: There are disagreements as to whether the post game is 'canon' and should be considered intermission, since unlike other post game runs the final save happened at the end of the game, if it's the result of d's insomnia and stimulant abuse catching up to him and he's hallucinating or if it did actually happen.
- Dancing Bear: A major point of interest about this run, the later run, and the 3DS intermissions that attracted a good portion of people is playing the game on actual hardware and the ability to play alongside the stream using Wi-Fi.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: One of d's first Wondertrades earned him a shiny Beldum. Come Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’s release, a shiny Beldum was the first download event.
- It's Short, So It Sucks! and It's Easy, So It Sucks!: A common complaint is the extremely short runtime the game had compared to the previous runs, despite some hurdles the chat had to face. Even those who regularly watch the stream were surprised on how much they missed between breaks. Some believe that the streamer's generosity towards disabling evolution-cancelling and releases contributed to this.
- Jerkass Woobie: d traded a good deal of his Pokemon away during the course of his run, and he generally wastes items when they need to be used (i.e. buying multiple Awakenings, but using almost none of them when his Pokemon are actually asleep). His treatment in Lumiose City and by the Mob is still taxing on him in some interpretations.
- Memetic Loser: Lucario. Despite being capable of Mega Evolution and having several good attacking moves, Lucario was not often victorious when it mattered, and was later boxed in favor of Xerneas.
- The Scrappy: d to the Mob itself, similar to how GMYC was treated during his run.
- The Woobie: d. He's a boy who constantly gets compared to Napoleon (who may or may not be related to him), is bullied for his name and fashion choices (fashion is big in Kalos), and can't even talk to girls without hiding behind a wall of narcissism. Even the Mob didn't want him.
YMMV / Twitch Plays Pokémon X