- Ass Pull: Anton being revealed again to be Brainwashed and Crazy in Book 3, chapter 9 after being hinted at to have his mind broken by Hex. It came off as a cheap way to let him be an Optional Party Member without having to rehabilitate him.
- Broken Base:
- The change in the point system from 2 type of point (each for Kenna and Dom) to one (apply for all playable characters) in the third game. It's either allows for more viewpoint characters to contribute meaningfully to the story and more streamlined gameplay or a needless change that reduce replayability. Fans of Dom are particularly unpleased since the new point system are more influenced by Kenna's action more often than his compare to the first two games, and vice versa.
- Hex's scene with Whitlock in Book 3 Chapter 9, in which she revealed that she truly cares about him and wants to better the world. Add sympathetic quality to her character that justified her being an Optional Party Member or ruin a perfectly fine Love to Hate villain.
- Jackson being Promoted to Love Interest. Since Dom was hinted to also be bisexual and that he would have a male romantic interest, many of the fans wondered who would be, when suddenly in Book 3 Chapter 14, it was Jackson who propositioned Dom and got to be a Premium Choice. Some of the fans are accepting of this because it was unexpected and provides more characterization for Jackson, and others didn't so much because of the lack of build up and previous interactions between them. And also there's a portion of fans (mostly female) who think that Dom should be strictly straight.
- Catharsis Factor: Whatever your opinion on whether or not she deserved to have a chance at redemption and being an Optional Party Member, no one thinks that Hex doesn't deserve the beatdown delivered to her by Annalyse in Book 3, Chapter 9 after invading Aurelia
- Ensemble Dark Horse: With this large of a cast, this is pretty much inevitable.
- Margaret, for her epic Heroic Sacrifice and kindness toward Dom.
- The injured wolf puppy from book 3, even compare to the other animal party members. Most likely for its hilarious dialogue thanks to Whitlock's technology.
- Growing the Beard: While The Freshman is considered to be Pixelberry having a stubble over their last products, Most Wanted and The Crown And The Flame are the books that proved to the audience the company can write a novel that isn't focused on romance and having solid ongoing plots.
- Launcher of a Thousand Ships:
- Kenna has the option to be with Dom, Tevan, Raydan, Annelyse, Val and Diavolos. Book 2 and Book 3 give the premium options to bed all of them in the same chapter.
- Dom so far has been paired with Kenna, Rose and Sei. Some girls in the fandom also wanted to ship him with Anton as well. By Book 3 Chapter 14, his Gay Option turns out to be Jackson.
- Love to Hate: Hex. Her actions are vile, but they're so deliciously evil that you can't help but watch. This has changed for some after her scene with Whitlock in Book 3, Chapter 9.
- Nightmare Fuel:
- Some of the death scenes can be this, like the Sociopathic Soldier cutting up Kenna like a hog, Luther Nevrakis executing Dom in the dining room and Dom turning into Shadow Dom.
- Shadow Dom, Rose, Sei and Kenna.
- Ship-to-Ship Combat:
- Who is better for Kenna? Dom, Raydan, Annelyse, Val, Diavolos or Tevan?
- Dom should end up with Kenna, Rose or Sei?
- Raydan has received Ship Tease with Kenna, Aurynn and Azura.
- Ship Mates: Kenna/Val and Dom/Sei are the most popular ships to those who don't pair Kenna and Dom together.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Character: Trystan, Rose and Marco (if the player decided to spare him) completely disappear after book 1 despite being major supporting characters in Dom's storyline. The first two didn't even get to interact with Kenna at all, not even mentioning how Trystan never faced any punishment for his betrayal, should Dom not have forgiven him.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: Anton being revealed again to be Brainwashed and Crazy in Book 3, chapter 9 after being hinted at to have his mind broken by Hex. Having him as a broken, pitiful fire user who has to be put together by the other characters would have been much more interesting than this revealed that has no foreshadowing whatsoever.
YMMV / The Crown & the Flame