open/close all folders
The protagonist of the series and Queen of Stormholt. Kenna is forced into exile after the Nevrakis family murders her mother and takes over the castle, and vows to take back her home and free the Five Kingdoms from Luther's control. The series follows her as she becomes a powerful queen and legend in her own right.
- Action Girl: Is skilled with a sword and capable of holding her own against multiple opponents.
- Badass Normal: Lacks magic abilities, but defeats Azura, a conqueror who can wield lightning.
- Defiant to the End: Always refuses to yield to powerful opponents and surrender her kingdom.
- Determinator: She never gives up in fighting for Stormholt, even going as far to risk her life in battles against powerful foes.
- Dragon Rider: Premium option has Kenna ride Dragon!Dom during the final battle in Book 2.
- Even the Girls Want Her: Annelyse and Val are both attracted to her, and the player can choose to romance them if they wish.
- Fluffy Tamer: If she gets the premium choice of healing the bear's paw, it becomes completely loyal to Kenna.
- God Save Us from the Queen!: In Book 2, Rowan is paranoid that Kenna will turn into this. You get to prove her wrong with the right choices.
- The Good Queen: Kenna has to prove to the people that she will be a fair Queen if she gets to regain control over Stormholt and give back the reign of the other kingdoms to their respective rulers.
- Hero with Bad Publicity: Despite her mother being a fair ruler who tried to form an alliance between The Five Kingdoms, during King Luther's overtake, people began referring to her and Queen Adriana as "The Foolish Queen".
- King Incognito: In Book 2, you can pay diamonds to have Kenna sneak into Alriel dressed as a peasant to get into a meeting with the rebels.
- A diamond scene in Book 1 shows her sneaking out of the castle dressed as a peasant to attend a festival.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: Is fighting to take her kingdom back. In Book 2, she's now fighting to unite the Five Kingdoms against King Luther. In Book 3 she is fighting against Azura as the latter attempts to invade the Five Kingdoms.
- Tomboy Princess: Much to her mother's chagrin, Kenna greatly prefers play-fighting with Dom outside the castle walls instead of dressing up and going to balls.
- True Blue Femininity: Tends to gravitate towards this color. Most notably, her default clothing is blue.
Dominic "Dom" Hunter
A fire-wielder who was raised in Stormholt. He is in love with Kenna Rys.
- An Axe to Grind: Uses a guards axe for a weapon toward the end of Book 1.
- But Now I Must Go: Book 2 has Dom leaving Kenna's party to go learn about his fire powers in the Blackspine Mountains with Sei.
- Childhood Friends: He has been close friends with Kenna and Rose since he was adopted by the castle servants. He can eventually become the Victorious Childhood Friend with any of them.
- Deuteragonist: While Kenna is the main character, the game also plays from Dominic's perspective, making him this.
- Door Stop Baby: Was left burned and half dead on the castle's steps as a child.
- Empowered Badass Normal: He was a normal boy in the castle who was trained as a scout and hunter with great sparring abilities. In Book 1, he gains the ability to wield fire.
- FaceMonster Turn: Forced to transform into a dragon under Hexs Mind-Control Device and made to destroy Aurelia.
- Mr. Fanservice: He is one of the few characters who gets a Walking Shirtless Scene.
- First Guy Wins: He can be romanced into being the King of Stormholt.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Book 2 Chapter 2 has Dom burning Vassilios Nevrakis alive when he makes a suicidal charge at Kenna... only to have burned Kenna as well.
- He gets hit with this again in Book 3, when he sees the damage he caused Aurelia while being mind-controlled by Hex.
- Obfuscating Stupidity: He has to play the part of a dim servant in front of King Luther and his entourage. Doing otherwise proves fatal.
- Playing with Fire: He has a power that allows him to control fire as well as be immune to it.
- Power Perversion Potential: He absolutely uses his magic during sex.
- Really Gets Around: Has a reputation of seducing kitchen girls. This is part of the reason Trystan is against Dom and Rose's relationship if the player chooses to romance Rose. Much later, he can sleep with Kenna, Sei, or even Jackson. If he chooses to flirt back at Jackson, he says that the rumours are apparently true.
- Required Secondary Powers: Dominic is immune to fire. Even casually sitting in a volcano is nothing to him. Since he shoots fire from his hands, this prevents it from burning him as he shoots it.
- Shapeshifting: For the Season 2 finale, he realizes the true goal of the training, which allows him to transform into a dragon.
- Technicolor Fire: His flames are stated at times to be blue.
- Took a Level in Badass: When he shapeshifts into a dragon at the end of Book 2, becoming much more deadly and resilient to attacks.
- Undying Loyalty: He has been in love with Kenna since their childhood.
Book I Recruitable Allies
Kenna's primary guardian and protector.
- Bodyguarding a Badass: He considers it his duty to safe-guard Kenna, as she is the true Queen of Stormholt and the last of her bloodline, despite her being perfectly capable of defending herself.
- Killed Off for Real: He is killed by Helene Leventis during the battle for Stormholt.
- Parental Substitute: To Kenna. He is like a father to her.
- Mentor Occupational Hazard
A former Captain of the Royal Guard of Stormholt who serves as Kenna's guardian after Gabriel's death.
- A Day in the Limelight: He gets to be a playable character in Book 3 Chapter 2 and Kenna is given the option to hear his backstory and past relationship with Queen Adriana.
- Bodyguard Crush: He and Queen Adriana were lovers.
- The Lancer: He becomes this as of Season 2.
- Sudden Sequel Death Syndrome: In Book 3 Chapter 2, even if he wins the tournament unscathed, Empress Azura outright sucks the life out of his body.
- Take Up My Sword: Book 3 chapter 2 has him dying regardless if he loses in combat or to Empress Azura. Paying diamonds allows Kenna to take up his ram's head mace.
A maid whose mother Margaret adopted Dom as a child.
- Buxom Is Better: Dominic has multiple opportunities to complement her ample bosom. It's the only physical compliment he can give her.
- Love Interest: She is one of Dom's possible romantic interests.
- Scullery Maid: Works in the kitchen of Stormholt.
- Unlucky Childhood Friend: If the player chooses not to romance her, she becomes this.
- Victorious Childhood Friend: If the player chooses to pursue a relationship with her.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Rose disappears from the story after Book 1, leaving Sei and Kenna to be Dom's Love Interests. She has a brief talk with Dom in the Spirit World in Book 2, where it's still not explained why they're not together.
A former Stormholt soldier who joined a band of mercenaries after his family starved to death.
- A Day in the Limelight: Book 3 Chapter 14 gives Dom a premium option to know more about him by having a date together to a tavern, talking more about themselves and sharing intimacy.
- Promoted to Love Interest: During the party prior to the last battle against Azura, he propositions Dom for a night out and "something more". Dom can accept the offer (via premium option) or politely pass.
- Replacement Goldfish: He steps into Leon's position after he gets killed by Azura. Kenna has to avoind calling him "Leon" by mistake to get a Legend point.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: He and Val have this type of relationship.
- Would Hurt a Child: In Book 3, while ambushing Azura's caravan, he sent soldiers to hunt Lia. Once Raydan saves her and returns to Stormholt, he remarks to Jackson that, despite Lia being Azura's daughter and he had to keep up the masquerade, he still almost killed an innocent child.
Valentina "Val" Greaves
A mercenary who frequently accompanies Kenna since her encounter with mercenaries.
- A Day in the Limelight: The user can play as Val for her undercover mission at Zenobia's castle.
- The Alcoholic: She does enjoy her liquor
- Blood Oath: If you pay diamonds to speak to Val in Book 2 Chapter 3, she swears a blood oath to Kenna by cutting her palm open.
- Butch Lesbian: In contrast to Annelyse, she is brash, tough and can handle herself like one of the guys. The only romantic attraction she experiments is towards Kenna.
- Embarrassing First Name: She takes offense whenever people call her by her first name.
- Gay Option: For Kenna.
- Greed: She loves money. It is almost painful for her to not steal Zenobia's priceless rings.
- The Lad-ette: She loves to fight and drink and can even beat the guys from her own army.
- Only in It for the Money: At first, during the early parts of Book 1.
- Promoted to Love Interest: Becomes a possible one for Kenna in Book 2.
- She Cleans Up Nicely: She only wears a dress twice (once during a mission to spy on Zenobia and the other one to give Kenna moral support during the dinner with the Nevrakis) and people still gets impressed by how feminine she looks.
- Undying Loyalty: After realizing that she's in love with Kenna, she tries to make a Blood Oath to her.
A bloodthirsty mercenary who attempted to sell Kenna to Marco for a profit.
- An Axe to Grind: He dual wields axes into combat.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: Is the leader of the mercenaries and the most formidable fighter. Val states that no one dared oppose him until Kenna beat him in battle.
- The Bus Came Back: If you recruit him, he finally returns in Book 3 Chapter 16 fighting the Iron Empire army after being absent for most of the story.
- Combat Pragmatist: His fighting style involves taking every advantage to bring his opponent down and disregarding the rules of fighting.
- Eye Scream: He goes for the eyes in battle.
- HeelFace Turn: If you choose to recruit him as an ally.
- Optional Party Member: Only if the player chooses to buy him as an ally. The other options are banish him or behead him.
The Queen of Aurelia, a prosperous city-state east of the Five Kingdoms.
- Action Fashionista: Loves fashion and always encourages Kenna to look good, but won't hesitate to fight.
- The Beautiful Elite: Subverted. Annelyse takes pride on her riches, wardrobe and position, but she's also a fair ruler who doesn't look down on anyone.
- Bunny-Ears Lawyer: She comes off as a shallow Idle Rich Fashionista, but in reality is a fair ruler that erradicated Aurelia's poverty in a few months.
- But Now I Must Go: At the end of Book 3, she returns to rebuild Aurelia.
- Dance Off: In Book 3 Chapter 13, if Kenna chooses the premium option to party with her, Annelyse will challenge Zenobia to a Dance Off and win.
- The Fashionista: Anytime Kenna has the option of dressing up, it's usually because of Annelyse. Before meeting Azura, Annelyse argues that the best way to defeat her is to out-dress her by showing up in a stunning regal dress.
- Gay Option: Is a possible one for Kenna
- Hard-Drinking Party Girl: Raydan attributes her ability to defeat Sei (who has a high alcohol tolerance) in a drinking match to this because of the many balls she throws.
- I Want My Beloved to Be Fashionable: See The Fashionista above.
- Lipstick Lesbian: Unlike Val, Annelyse loves dressing up, shopping and cute things and has only shown interest in Kenna.
- Mistaken for Prostitute: One of the options for Kenna after meeting her for the first time is to either guess correctly her being the Ruler of Aurelia or mistake her for a courtesan. Avoiding the mistake gives Kenna a Prestige Point.
- Raven Hair, Ivory Skin: She has pale skin, golden dresses and wavy black hair.
- Skewed Priorities: She is at first hesitant to help Kenna take back Stormholt because funding armies arent interesting, and she doesnt take into account the politics of the situation.Annelyse: It doesnt make for good gossip, its hardly intriguing, and wars get blood on everything.
A spy and assassin from Aurelia, he is actually from Lykos, the home of the Nevrakis family.
- Badass Beard: He is one of the most capable assassins in the Five Kingdoms and has a good looking goatie.
- Cain and Abel: Downplayed. He's the Abel to his sister Adder's Cain, but she also agrees to help Kenna in her fight against the Nevrakis family and Azura.
- The Charmer: He has to make use of his charm to gain Azura's trust and discover her assesination ploy against Kenna.
- Chick Magnet: So far he has grabbed the attention of Kenna, Aurynn and even Azura herself.
- Cultured Badass: Became one after living in Aurelia
- FaceHeel Turn: He makes one of these in Book 3 Chapter 7 when he stays behind in Fydoria and even wounds Val with a crossbow. The last time she sees him, he's kneeling before Empress Azura. It's later revealed to be part of his plan.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: He has many scars under his shirt, which show his years of experience as spy and master assasin. They only show up when there's a sex scene with Kenna.
- Hitman with a Heart: Even as a trained assasin, he still questions Jackson for almost killing Lia, a little kid.
- Intergenerational Friendship: He develops one with Lia, who is still a little girl.
- Knowledge Broker: Claims to have been one when he was younger
- Ladykiller in Love: He falls in love with Kenna.
- Love Interests: One of Kenna's possible romances.
- The Mole: Turns out that his FaceHeel Turn was completely fake, since he had sell the lie by shooting Val. His friends have a hard time deciding to believe him or not.
- Mr. Fanservice: He is one of the few characters who gets a Walking Shirtless Scene (usually for a sex scene with Kenna).
- Sherlock Scan: If Raydan guesses correctly by all the clues that Lia is Azura's daughter, he gains a Legend Point.
- The Spymaster: Raydans official title if theres something important to know, you can bet he knows something about it.
- Stealth Hi/Bye: His specialty as spy and assassin, as he declares that people can spot him only if he wants to be seen. During his first date with Kenna, he proves his talent by picking all the flowers Kenna mentioned during their conversation without her even noticing.
- What the Hell, Hero?:
- The others consider him a traitor for deflecting to Azura's side, to the point even Val and Dom expressed that they will kill him on sight before they are informed of his role as a spy.
- Raydan gives one to Jackson after he reminds him that he almost killed a little girl, no matter if she was Azura's daughter.
- Bears Are Bad News: If she's recruited, she turns into a terror on the battlefield for the Nevrakies.
- Hello, [Insert Name Here]: Recruiting the bear allows you to name her.
- Optional Party Member: Becomes Kenna's pet if she chooses to let her live.
The leader of the Technocrats.
- Artificial Limbs: Both his hands are mechanical. If Kenna chooses to listen to his backstory, Whitlock reveals that an Abanthus soldier cut his hands off for defending a family, and Hex replaced his limbs after he made it into the Foundry.
- Break the Cutie: The story is not kind to Whitlock. Not only is his family killed and he becomes a captive, but the utopia he found is destroyed by his surrogate mother.
- But Now I Must Go: At the end of Book 3, he returns to his role as Leader of the Technocrats.
- Child Prodigy: The youngest person to ever solve the labyrinth.
- The Engineer: He designed most of the gadgets and traps from The Foundry and provides Kenna's Alliance with weapons.
- Gadgeteer Genius: He is the leader of the Technocrats, after all.
- It's Personal: Book 2 has Hex destroying the Foundry and killing many of the people in the city, making it personal enough that he renounces his vow of killing.
- Morality Pet: Serves as one to Hex, of all people.
- Non-Action Guy: He rarely participates in physical confrontations. He averts this in Book 3 when he decides to take down Hex himself.
- Pacifism Backfire: Chose to exile Hex instead of imprisoning her which comes back to bite him when she destroys the Foundry in Book 2.
- Shorter Means Smarter: The shortest and smartest of Kenna's party.
- The Smart Guy: Is the smartest of Kenna's allies.
- Technological Pacifist: Sort of downplayed. He bans Hex from The Foundry after he finds out about her selling advanced weapons to the outside world. However, while he was uncomfortable with her designing and building such weapons before he found out, he had no problem with using them as traps in the labyrinth.
- Bullfight Boss: Fighting it in the labyrinth involves ducking out of the way and then attacking it.
- Killer Robot: It was created by Whitlock to serve as a test for the maze. If Kenna chooses to repair it, it takes care of a lot of enemy soldiers in all the following battles.
- Optional Party Member: Joins the team if Kenna allows Whitlock to repair it.
The Crown Prince of the Kingdom of Fydoria.
- Agent Peacock: Has shades of this. His entire kingdom is colored purple and gold.
- Amazon Chaser: Is infatuated with Kenna.
- Chivalrous Pervert: If Kenna chooses to save him, Tevan often flirts with Kenna, while also promising to fight for her. Unlike Kenna's other suitors, Tevan only gets one kiss from her in three books.
- The Dandy: Luther definitely thinks so.
- Half-Identical Twins: In Book 3, Val and Raydan meet Princess Aurynn Amanth, his twin sister.
- Love Interest: One of Kenna's possible love interests. Zenobia Nevrakis has also a crush on him.
- Optional Party Member: He is the first Premium Choice ally. If Kenna chooses to save him, he sticks around for the rest of the story and becomes the King of Fydoria (if not, Aurynn becomes the Queen).
- Undying Loyalty: If Kenna saves him in Book 1, he is eternally grateful to her and swears to give Stormholt's a permanent alliance.
A fire-wielder who Dom first meets in Stormholt's dungeon. Initially held captive by Hex, she eventually becomes an ally of Dom and Kenna.
- But Now I Must Go: At the end of Book 3, she goes back to her people.
- Embarrassing Nickname: Her grandfather calls her Sei-Sei.
- Hey, You!: She always calls Dom "lowlander" due to being raised in the Five Kingdoms below Blackspine Mountains.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Is blunt with a bad temper, but has a good heart and will do whats right.
- Promoted to Love Interest: Becomes a possible one for Dom in Book 2.
- Shapeshifting: For the Book 2 Finale, she reappears for the final battle with the ability to transform into a dragon.
Book II Recruitable Allies
The rightful ruler of Thorngate.
- The Archer: In combat she's deadly with a bow and arrow.
- FaceHeel Turn: If Kenna picks decisions that anger Rowan (seizing Bellmere for herself, using all of Thorngate's heart oak, giving Thorngate to Leon), Rowan will make a deal with Zenobia and betray Kenna, who will be forced to kill Rowan.
- HeelFace Turn: At the start of Book 2, she blames Kenna's mother for her family's death at the Nevrakis Coup, thinking Kenna is just another tyrant. She eventually realizes Kenna's not the villain and joins her.
Kailani and Noa KeaweTwo siblings, ship-builders of Alriel.
- A Taste of the Lash: In Book 2 Chapter 4, paying diamonds allows Kenna to hear about the twins trying to steal keys to the weapon garrison from Florian. Kai take 20 lashes whether Noa takes the blame or not. Noa felt like he was the one being whipped as it happened.
- BrotherSister Team: They have a special attack they can perform together.
- Optional Party Member: Noa wants to abandon Ebrimel after Florian is defeated. Only if Kenna convinces him to join them (as a Premium Option), he stays and becomes Co-regent along with Kailani. Kailani joins regardless.
Anu RhukaSei's grandfather and a powerful fire-wielder who helps Dom and Sei master their fire-magic and find their dragons.
* The Mentor: He takes Dom under his wing and prepares him for the Spiritual World.
- Optional Party Member: He only joins as a Premium Option.
The Queen of the Lykos Underworld. She is also Raydan's sister.
- Cain and Abel: Downplayed. She's very much the Cain to her brother Raydan's Abel, but she agrees to help Kenna in the fight against the Nevrakis family and Azura.
- Master Thief: She leads the thieves in Lykos.
- Old Beggar Test: Her disguise in Lykos. She ambushes Kenna's group if she gives her a coin.
- Poisoned Weapons: Her Adder's Fangs are coated with a poison that kills on contact. Paying diamonds allows Kenna to get one of these sneaking into Zenobia's masquerade ball.
BubblesA baby kraken Val can choose to rescue from Hex's lab.
- Fluffy the Terrible: Not so much him as his mother, though he will become this when he's older.
- Kraken and Leviathan: While Bubbles is still a baby, having it as an ally proves useful as later returns with his mother a fully grown kraken.
- Optional Party Member: Val can save it from the lab if the player pays.
Book III Recruitable Allies
An injured wolf pup Queen Azura revives, with the premium option to recruit it.
- An Arm and a Leg: He's missing his front left leg when brought before Queen Azura. Whitlock can give him a mechanical leg.
- Artificial Limbs: If adopted, Whitlock gives him a mechanical paw and ear.
- Birth/Death Juxtaposition: He is revived by Azura a day before Leon dies in combat by Azura's hand.
- Hello, [Insert Name Here]: If you choose to recruit the wolf puppy, you get to pick out a name for him.Mechawolf Pup: Metal Man gave me this foot and this ear and a voice!Kenna: Whitlock is very smart. Did he also give you a name?Mechawolf Pup: No, he didnt! Whitlock said you should name me. I hope its a name that will strike fear into the hearts of our enemies.
- The Nicknamer: He hasn't grasped the concept of names so he calls people these. By Book 3 Chapter 13, he already learned the names of the rest of the group, but keeps calling Azura "Tall Lady" and occasionally will call Whitlock Metal Man.
- Ninja Pirate Zombie Robot: He's a Wolf puppy with cybernetic implants and a voice box. In other words "Talking Steampunk Wolf Puppy."
- Optional Party Member: Kenna can adopt him as a Premium option.
- Talking Animal: Whitlock gives the pup a voice to speak to the party with.
One of Azura's servats at Ducitora. Kenna has the option of convince her to join their side and save herself from her eventual fate.
- Extreme Doormat: She is perfectly fine with the idea of eventually dying if Azura chooses her as her next charger. It takes a premium option to convince her that her life is more important.
- Optional Party Member: As a Premium Option, Kenna can convince her to join them by explaining Azura's true nature or leave her and let her eventually die as Azura's charger.
- Pink Means Feminine: She wears a pink dress and is Azura's handmaiden.
- Cool Old Lady: She sasses at Dom without a pause and gets along with him after Dom is able to retain memories again. If Dom can help her get to Stormholt, they still retain their friendship.
- The Medic: Hex had her captive so she could be in charge with healing Dom during the experiments. If Dom helps her survive, she will arrive to Stormholt and serve as the medic durng the war.
- Optional Party Member: Only joins the allies in Stormholt if Dom tosses her a survival kit (as a Premium Option).
Luther's son and Zenobia's half-brother.
- Love Interest: Kenna can choose to romance him.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Subverted. He is implied to be more honorable than his father, but he expresses to Kenna that he did have loved ones who died during the war and didn't even have time to mourn them.
- Ironic Name: His name means "devil" in Greek, the exact opposite of his status as...
- White Sheep: Of the Nevrakis family. His father was a ruthless tyrant who conquered the Five Kingdoms in order to unify them against the Iron Empire. His half-brother Marco was equally despotic. His half-sister Zenobia was a sadist who hosted gladiator fights and had handmaidens executed for accidentally pricking her with hairpins. Diavolos, on the other hand, was an honorable man who genuinely cared for his troops and family.
- Hero-Worshipper: She took an instant liking of Raydan. Despite discovering that he was a spy and against her mother, she begged Raydan to take her to Stormholt with him.
- Like Mother Unlike Daughter: Lia inherited all of her mother's physical features and powers, but she is the complete opposite of her. While Azura is manipulative, ambitious, and evil, Lia is kind, innocent, and naïve.
- Mystical White Hair: Like Azura, she also has white long hair.
- Optional Party Member: Raydan can take her with him as a Premium Option.
- Shock and Awe: She also inherited Azura's electric powers, but they're not as powerful as her mother's.
- White Sheep: Lia is a good hearted little girl who is aware of her mother's true colors and the only person in Ducitora who questions her.
Daughter of King Amanth Drammir of Fydoria. She is the Princess of Fydoria (Queen only if Tevan is dead in Book 1).
- Bookworm: She is the person who knows the most about the Fydorian Library.
- Half-Identical Twins: She's Prince/King Tevan's twin sister.
- Meganekko: Wears a pair of glasses to fit her bookish personality.
- Ship Tease: She is shown to have interest in Raydan.
- Optional Party Member: She can be saved as a Premium Option.
A fire-wielder who grew up with Sei. He is being mind-controlled by Hex.
- Brainwashed and Crazy: Thanks to Hex capturing him and strapping one of her inventions to his head.
- The Comically Serious: If he joins the alliance, Dom spots him at the party trying to have fun in his first "lowlander party". He will say "The food is greasy and I still eat it, your ale tastes like dishwater and I still drink it, and your dancing is stupid, but I might give it a try after more of your dishwater" with a straight face.
- Fighting from the Inside: A moment in Book 2 suggests he may be trying to break free. Completely averted in Book 3, once his will is broken.
- Mind-Control Eyes: He has red eyes if he uses his fire under Hex's control.
- More Than Mind Control: By Book 3. Hex reveals that his will has been broken enough that the mind-control device isn't needed anymore. She takes it off him and he kneels at her feet.
- Not So Stoic: He is furious after Hex lifts the Mind Control from him and has to be talked out of killing her. When he reunites with Sei again, both share blank deadpan stares before giving eachother a big hug.
- Optional Party Member: He only agrees to join if Hex is recruited, so he can keep an eye on her.
- Unexplained Recovery: While having his mind broken by Hex controling him for months, he suddenly recovers with no sequels after Hex uses the trigger words to free him. Immediately he offers to join the alliance only if Hex joins so he can kill her in case she betrays them.
- Walking the Earth: During the party in Book 3 Chapter 14, Anton tells Dom that he spent so much time in his village and under mind control that he wants to know the world once the war is over.
King of Abanthus and the Big Bad of Books 1 and 2.
- Affably Evil: On many occasions he's shown to be quite polite towards Kenna, unlike Marco.
- Enemy Mine: By the end of Book 2, he willingly suggests an alliance with Kenna, since the Iron Empire is even a worse adversary than him.
- Old Soldier: He's a lot older than Kenna, but his long experience in war makes him a worthy adversary.
- Red Baron: The Blood King.
- Royals Who Actually Do Something: A villainous example. He personally lead the take over of the Stormholt castle and executed Queen Adriana.
- Suicide by Cop: Diavolos implies that he attacked Kenna after she defeated Azura in order to get her to kill him.
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: His methods may be violent, but he staged his coup to keep the Five Kingdoms from being conquered by the Iron Empire.
Luther's son, whom Luther put in charge of Stormholt after seizing it from the Rys family.
- Authority Equals Asskicking: He gives Kenna one hell of a fight regardless which weapon you pick for the final battle.
- Disc-One Final Boss: He is the main villain of Book 1 while Luther is off to fight the Iron Empire.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: Kenna gives one of these to Marco in retaking Aurelia if she sneaks a weapon.
- Like You Would Really Do It: He calls out Kenna not having the guts to kill him. She proves him wrong if you choose to do so.
- Off with His Head!: Kenna can kill him this way at the end of book 1.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: He's hardly been mentioned since Book 1 and doesn't even appear in Diavolos's flashback.
- Smug Snake: Takes pleasure in taunting and threatening Kenna and insulting her mother.
Bartel GremleyA sadistic man who is in the employ of Luther Nevrakis. He enjoys torturing and killing his victims.
- Ain't Too Proud to Beg: Begs for mercy should you choose the option to light him on fire after he kills Doms hawk. He will also plead for mercy toward the end of Book 1 when Dom finally kills him.
- The Dragon: To Prince Marco as his right-hand man who is equally cruel and sadistic.
- No Body Left Behind: Dominic kills him by planting a fire-charged axe into his chest, burning him alive until all that's left are ashes.
- Smug Snake: A haughty man who acts disdainfully to those he deems inferior. He even mocks Helene for growing soft when she opposes the murder of Marcos former weapons master.
- Torture Technician: The monk being one of his victims.
Head of Luther's guard.
- Asskicking Equals Authority: Shes the captain and one of the best fighters in the series, even holding her own against Gabriela trainer and experienced soldier. She is also the one opponent that was never bested in combat by Kenna or her team.
- HeelFace Turn: In Book 2, Helene expresses remorse for killing Gabriel and expresses her disillusion after telling herself for many years that all she did was for her Loyalty Oath to King Luther. Kenna can give her the option to redeem herself by joining her alliance (as a premium option) or abandon Luther's side.
- Honor Before Reason: Dom appeals to her compassion to save the Monk from more torture.
- Noble Top Enforcer: Believes prisoners should be treated with dignity no matter their crimes
- Optional Party Member: If the player doesn't choose the Premium Option to recruit her, she takes her army away.
- "The Reason You Suck" Speech: Gives one to Luther after she deflects.Helene: Do you want to know why I left your service, Luther? Because you're a bloodthirsty, small-minded old fool, and I watched your lust for power send tens of thousands to their deaths.
- Undying Loyalty: To Luther. She doesn't exactly feel the same towards his children but still protects them out of her loyalty to him if she's ordered to. She eventually realizes that it isn't the right path.
A rogue Technocrat who is set on making the world a better place through bloodshed and destruction.
- Dragon with an Agenda: By Book 2's finale, Hex tells Dominic that she never worked for the Nevrakis family, but alongside them, since they funded all her projects.
- Dragon Ascendant: After King Luther is finally defeated, she is set to become the new threat for Season 3, besides The Iron Empire.
- Even Evil Has Loved Ones: Her only redeeming quality seems to be her genuine love for Whitlock.
- Hypocrite: According to her, the Five Kingdoms will destroy everything, so she thinks that making weapons to destroy them first is the best solution to stop war. She ends up destroying two neutral cities that allied with Kenna Rys.
- Evil Genius: Is a sadistic and highly intelligent woman with the ability to create multiple powerful weapons.
- Mad Scientist: She was banned from The Foundry because she wanted to use her genius to build weapons. She continues her experiments financed by the Nevrakis family using living subjects, developing mind control devices on Anton and Dom and god knows what she intended to do with Bubbles.
- Morality Pet: Whitlock is this to her.
- Optional Party Member: She only joins as a Premium Option. If not, she gets locked in the dungeons forever.
- Parental Substitute: Was one to Whitlock before he was forced to exile her.
- You Are What You Hate: She condemns people outside of The Foundry, fearing that they will destroy the world with their neverending war. She ends up destroying The Foundry in Book 2 and Aurelia in Book 3.
Vassilios NevrakisKing Luther's brother and Ruler of Thorngate after the Nevrakis coup.
- Anything but That!: He'd rather have been burned during the Siege of Thorngate than be put in the dungeons with his surviving men.
- Cannot Keep a Secret: Zenobia called him the king of gossip-mongers. In a premium option in Book 3 Chapter 5, its revealed that he blabbed about the location of Nevrakis troops in Panrion, causing Luther to retreat. He also nearly exposes Zenobias crush on Tevan until Diavolos causes a distraction.
- Man on Fire: He makes a last desperate attack on Kenna with a knife, only to get burned alive by Dom.
- Starter Villain: In Book 2.
- Too Much Information: Feeding him the Blueblood truth potion in Book 2 makes him reveal he has a condition which makes him gassy.
- A diamond scene in Book 3 mentions him trying to seduce a woman by telling her about his bedroom problems.
Florian TartassisThe iron-fisted ruler of Alriel.
- Disproportionate Retribution: Because ship production was down 12%, he orders a sunset curfew and double shifts while also breaking up a festival.
- Four Eyes, Zero Soul: He has no regards for the lives of others.
- Hidden Depths: In Book 3 Chapter 13, if Kenna decides to hang out with Annelyse during her dance off against Zenobia, Florian is appointed as her dance partner, and he turns out to be excellent at it.
Daughter of Luther and sister of Marco and Diavolos.
- Daddy's Little Villain: Is Luther Nevrakis daughter who is equally as sadistic, or maybe even more so.
- Disproportionate Retribution: During Val's stint as a handmaiden, she learns that Zenobia had her previous handmaiden beheaded for pricking her with a pin.
- The Dreaded: Her own uncle Vassilios is afraid of her.
- Evil Redhead: She organizes gladiator matches for fun in her parties and has beheaded maids for petty reasons. She also fears more losing her beautiful red hair than being threatened to death.
- Even Evil Has Standards: While she loves the benefits of her family's conquests, she hates war so much that she's willing to help Kenna to stop it once and for all, which is the reason why she suggests Kenna to give the army to Diavolos instead of her father.
- Royal Brat: She doesn't care that her jewelry comes from "The Pits of Death" and how many workers died there, as long as she gets her one-of-a-kind necklace.
- Skewed Priorities: Surrenders Lykos, an important strategic holding to her family, when Kenna threatens to shave her bald. She also says she hates war because all her favorite shops are closed.
- Traumatic Haircut: In book 2 chapter 12, Kenna has this as a choice for having Zenobia telling her guards to stand down.
- Villainous Crush: Diavolos reveals that she has a crush on Tevan. Whenever he's around, she is reduced to a stuttering fool.
The ruler of Ducitora, A.K.A. the Iron Empire.
- Ambiguously Evil: She seems like a fair ruler who everyone in her kingdom looks up to, while she also thinks that she is the only one qualified to rule over all the Nations to bring them riches and prosperity. While Kenna and her group still question her nature, this gets thrown out of the window after she announces that the Warrior Tournament Leon is going to take part is going to be a battle to the death.
- Ax-Crazy: She particularly devolves into this whenever her rage gets the best of her.
- Benevolent Mage Ruler: Subverted. Azura first appears to be this with how Ducitora thrives. However, her power-hungry and arrogant nature soon becomes clear.
- Bigger Bad: Of Book 3 and the Greater-Scope Villain of the series.
- Consummate Liar: She gradually manipulated her way to the throne and brainwashed her people into believing that she's the Greater Good. Lia is the only person on Ducitora that suspects about her and how she made up a bunch of lies about Kenna to make herself look better.
- The Empress: As ruler of the Iron Empire
- Expy: She shares quite a number of similarities with Queen Azshara. Both have similar names, possess white/silver hair, are exceptional sorcery users, they have titles that reference light and are overly ambitious to the point they are willing to viciously sacrifice any loyal subjects to gain more power. In addition, both have annexed so many territories with the intent of creating great, advanced empires and are also blindly admired by their subjects to the point they are practically worshipped.
- From Nobody to Nightmare: She used to be a normal inhabitant of the Stormlands before becoming the conqueror of the Iron Empire with immense power.
- God Empress: The citizens of the Iron Empire serve her willingly to the point they will sacrifice their life to fuel her powers.
- Good Princess, Evil Queen: The evil queen to her daughter Lias good princess.
- Light Is Not Good: She looks like a benevolent ruler at first glance, but is actually a power-hungry and selfish tyrant.
- Kneel Before Zod: Due to her arrogance, she demands other rulers to bow to her and surrender their kingdoms.
- Mystical White Hair: She has white hair and a vast array of magical powers.
- Psycho Electro: She's murderously insane and has electricity-based powers. Do the math.
- Really 700 Years Old: She's over 1000 years old, which is the result of regularly draining the lives of victims to fuel her powers.
- Shock and Awe: She uses her electricity powers to revive a pup wolf. She also uses them to drain life from willing (and sometimes unwilling) victims to fuel her powers.
- This Cannot Be!: Book 3 Chapter 3 has her let one of these out when Sei turns into a dragon in front of her.
- Unreliable Narrator: If Raydan chooses to learn about Azura's origins from Lia, she will tell that Azura ascended to the throne by "defeating the previous ruler in a riddle contest by betting her hand in marriage".
- The Usurper: Hinted by Lia to have murdered the former King of Marossi to gain power.
- The Vamp: It's heavily implied that Azura "outwitting the previous king" is a lie and that she really seduced and killed him.
- Villainous Breakdown: If Kenna learns the anti-magic spell before the final battle, Azura loses her composture and screams NO! when Kenna starts deflecting her magic.
- Villainous Crush: Reveals she has one on Raydan Lykel when he deflects to her side. One of the premium choices is accepting a romantic lunch invitation from her.
- White Hair, Black Heart: Has white hair but is one of the most villainous characters in the series
Queen Adriana Rys
The Queen of Stormholt, and Kenna's mother. She is murdered by Luther's men during Luther's takeover of Stormholt.
- Action Mom: Was one of the political variety.
- Hero with Bad Publicity: Despite being a fair ruler who tried to form an alliance between The Five Kingdoms, during King Luther's overtake, people began referring to her and Kenna as "The Foolish Queen".
- The High Queen: She was a fair ruler who ruled Stormholt peacefully and tried to form alliances between the Five Kingdoms.
- Off with His Head!: After the Nevrakis coup in Chapter 1, King Luther holds up her head as a show of power.
Trystan BlakeDom's adoptive brother, Rose's biological brother, and Margaret's son.
- My Sister Is Off-Limits!: He gives this warning to Dom if Dom chooses to romance Rose.
- Welcome Back, Traitor: He tells Bartel about Dom's true identity because he doesn't want Rose involved in the rebellion. After Kenna regains the throne of Stormholt, Dom has the option of ignoring him, cut off their friendship or sympathize with his reasons and make peace.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: He doesn't appear in Book 2 unless you speak to him during Dominic's spirit quest.
Margaret BlakeMother of Rose and Trystan. She adopts Dom into her family after Luther Nevrakis' takeover of Stormholt, and is shown to love him as if he were her own son.
- Heroic Sacrifice: She sacrifices her life protecting Dom from being outed as a traitor by Bartel.
- Like a Son to Me: Dom is this to her.
- Parental Substitute: To Dom.