- Cowboy BeBop at His Computer: More than anyone would care to count."After conducting a thorough investigation, I found out that [ Wizard of Wor ] is the only game in history that has beastiality in it."
- Hilarious in Hindsight: The Terminator 2 Judgment Day review ended with John Connor throwing the cartridge in molten lava. Excluding Connor, The AVGN ended up doing the same thing later.
"See Michael Jackson try to dance his way through this awful video game. Ripped off by AVGN." -Description for Michael Jackson's Moonwalker.
- If either The AVGN or The Irate Gamer covers a game that IGSRJ already covered, he'll lampshade it by updating the description of the video.
- In his Juicer review, he mentions about a superior juicer costing more than the one he reviewed, and mentioned that he did not care about the price because he is rolling in the money. He didn't seem to apply the same logic when he was looking for an Nintendo Wii.
- Idle Rich: In part one of his Hunting for the Wii video, he brags about the fact that he's rich, being covered in cash and tossing it all over the place.
- On the 'Time to Move On' video, he finds the job postings on a Sunday paper, and mocks it, while bragging about how he's making a lot of cash on youtube. He appears to even have his own company and recording crew.
- Ironically, he still complains about high prices on different products that he should immediately afford.
- Never Live It Down: The ? block on the ground in level 1 of Super Mario Bros. 3 has been something he'll never get over.
- Schedule Slip: His Christmas Episode appeared on Youtube on December 30th, 2008, even though the video itself said December 25th."Just in time for Christmas."
- Special Effects Failure: On the Beetlejuice review, IGSRJ uses special effects to make him more Halloween themed... only to be stuck with a pair of Skeleton Gloves. He then laments that he should have bought Adobe After Effects, instead of Sony Vegas.
- They Changed It, Now It Sucks!: Inverted. In the Duke Nukem II review, IGSRJ appreciates the change in gameplay for Super Mario Bros. 2 in the U.S., and even mentioned that he'd hate to play a rehash of the first game with different levels.
YMMV / IGSRJ