- Critical Research Failure: In his For Your Height Only review, when Weng Weng interrogates a mook on the whereabouts of Mr. Kaizer over an hour in the movie, Brandon suddenly questions "WHO'S MR. KAISER?", as if it was the first time the name was being established. The thing is, Weng Weng was actually questioning where Mr. Kaiser was much earlier in the movie, at least more than once.
- Germans Love David Hasselhoff: A large portion of his audience is from Germany, as mentioned in his Felidae review, where he avoids doing a Nazi joke to not piss them off. He was later mentioned in an online article by German news magazine Der Spiegel, which gained him a huge number of new subscribers, and made a video thanking the magazine and his German viewers in general for their support.
- Heartwarming Moments: His ending tribute to Doug McClure, which sounds off with "keep fighting that big rubber dinosaur in the sky'' over soaring music.
- He Panned It, Now He Sucks!: Brandon got some flak for insulting the soundtrack for The Transformers: The Movie.
- Hilarious in Hindsight:
- In his Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster review, Brandon makes a joke about how the '60s were the only era where Carlton Banks could've ever won a dancing competition. Flash forward to afterwards and Carlton's actor, Alfonso Ribeiro, has won Dancing with the Stars.
- The fact that three of the movies he's reviewed (Starcrash, The Land That Time Forgot, and At the Earth's Core) ended up on Mystery Science Theater 3000, one of his biggest influences.
- Just Here for Godzilla: Or Godzilla reviews, to be precise. He regularly notes just how many comments he gets on his videos to review Godzilla movies.
YMMV / Brandon's Cult Movie Reviews