Everything goes as well as it usually does for the Coyote, starting with a chase scene where he's carrying a hand grenade. The Road Runner outruns the explosive little thing, which (as he turns a corner of the road) ultimately bounces off a cactus and flies right back into the Coyote's face. Now covered in cinders, the Coyote goes off to ponder his next play. Between a bow with a rope tied to his hide on a pulley, a hydraulic press activated by an electric eye beam (the closest the cartoon gets to a case of Homing Boulders), a can of invisible paint, a shotgun disguised as a peepshow, a grappling hook, and a mini-rocket that somehow tunnels all the way into China, the Coyote's Butt-Monkey status reigns supreme.
Not to be confused with the Roland and Rattfink cartoon of the same title (1970) or the Taz-Mania segment entitled "War & Pieces" (1991).
- Ash Face: Several scenes: the grenade toss in the chase scene, the Secrets of a Harem peepshow with the shotgun as a lens, and the tearing of a cloud with a grappling hook (which emits a lightning blast).
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: The overhead shot of his date with gravity (which is actually on a broken-off formation following the Stripping Snag) shows him waving goodbye.
- Digging to China: For the final gag, Wile E.'s rocket winds up doing a U-turn on contact with the ledge. Then it ploughs through the center of the Earth and into China, where he discovers a Chinese Roadrunner in an Asian rice hat and geta. He goes after it, but the Roadrunner is carrying a gong that Wile E. crashes into, causing him to stumble down the hole and fall back to where he came.
- Finger Extinguisher: In the first Ash Face instance, after the grenade boomerangs back at him, the Coyote takes stock of his smoldering tail and moistens his fingers to take care of the issue ("PFST!").
- Impact Silhouette: The clouds that the Coyote passes through during his fall in the Invisible Paint gag.
- Saved by the Platform Below: Following the failed launch and Stripping Snag described downward. While the Coyote is holding onto the end of the bow for dear life, it snaps off and... he ends up dropping only a few inches. But then the whole formation drops, with him still on it..
- Stripping Snag: When the Coyote attempts to launch over to the Road Runner, the bottom half of his pelt rips clean off, to reveal a pair of hairy legs, Goofy Print Underwear, and loose socks.
- Talking with Signs: When the Coyote lands in the drink, headfirst into the underwater ground, a fish comes up to observe this anomaly and gets answered with: GET LOST!