A dehydrated Speedy and two of his amigos are wandering dehydrated in the desert before happening upon a well. Unfortunately it happens to be guarded by Daffy, who has no interest in sharing. He manages to successfully thwart Speedy's attempts to take water from his well multiple times over, though later takes a careless extreme.
This cartoon provides examples of:
- Ain't Too Proud to Beg: After they spent the entire episode hogging all the water in the well for themselves, both Daffy and his Camel come crawling back begging the mice to give them water.
- All-Loving Hero: Despite Daffy's cruel attitude earlier, Speedy is perfectly willing to give him and his camel water when the roles are reversed in the end. He does, however, playfully hose them with it, to the annoyance of Daffy.
- For the Evulz: The only reason Daffy is apparently hellbent in keeping Speedy and his friend away for a needed well is seemingly out of pure evil.
- Not-So-Harmless Villain: Along with being far more mean-spirited here, Daffy is jarringly more competent, successfully outdoing Speedy from taking water multiple times. It takes a well timed Villain Ball right at the end for Speedy to finally claim the upper hand.
- Oh, Crap!: How Daffy reacts when he sees that Speedy has removed the dynamite from the well and tied it to his camel's tail.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Widely regarded as one of Daffy's most malicious roles, depriving Speedy and his friends of water from his well, to the extent of even attempting to destroy the well out of spite. He also displays ingratitude at the end when, after the roles are reversed, the mice give him the water — by spraying it in his face.
- Ungrateful Bastard: A variation: At the end, Speedy is happy to share the well water with Daffy and his camel, but he is none too pleased when the mice decide to playfully squirt them with the water.Daffy: There's only one thing worse than a smart mouse, and that's three smart mice!
- Villain Ball: Daffy wouldn't have suffered at all if he just left without going out of his way to destroy the well he had no more use for. In fact, he would have been perfectly fine if he didn't even hog the water in the first place and just let Speedy and his friends drink from the well that Daffy was himself only using as a stopoff point.