Elmer is a surveyor for the railroad, which is laying down tracks through Bugs' burrow. As Elmer sets up his equipment, Bugs decides to have some fun with him. As usual, Hilarity Ensues.
- Backwards-Firing Gun: While Elmer is not looking, Bugs bends the barrels of his shotgun backwards. When Elmer fires, the bullets go backwards, hitting two targets that Bugs was conveniently holding up.
- Depth Deception: Bugs makes Elmer thinks the forest is on fire by holding a lit match in front of his transit.
- Exploding Cigar: After Elmer fires his gun, which had its barrels bent backwards by Bugs, and hits two targets behind him, Bugs rewards him by putting a large amount of cigars into his mouth and lighting them. They explode, leaving Elmer with major Ash Face.
- In the Back: As Elmer aims his gun at Bugs' heart, Bugs turns around, saying that "Only a big, fat rat would shoot a guy in the back." Elmer fires anyway, and Bugs is seemingly obliterated in a cloud of smoke.Elmer: So I'm a big, fat wat!
Bugs: [emerges unscathed from smoke] Ah, have some cheese, rat! [shoves wedge of cheese into Elmer's mouth]
- Public Domain Animation
- Ridiculously Fast Construction: When the dynamite shed explodes, all the track materials fall neatly into place, just in time for a train to come running through moments afterward.
- Talking with Signs: Bugs holds up a "P.U." sign as a comment on Elmer's singing.
- Wartime Cartoon: At the end, Bugs jumps out of a moving train because he just remembered that the government doesn't want civilians to do any unnecessary traveling.