Strike is a 2018 British feature-length stop motion animated film directed by Trevor Hardy and produced by Gigglefish.
Mungo Morrison is a young mole in the town of Diggington who dreams of winning the World Cup in Moscow. As he begins working in his father Garth's gold mine, he has difficulties confessing to his father that he would rather pursue his footballing dream. Meanwhile, a mobster known as "The Boss" and his lackeys try to purchase the mine, threatening the town of Diggington. Mungo and his best friends, another mole named Ryan and Hedy the badger, do what it takes to save their hometown.
Strike provides examples of:
- 100% Heroism Rating: Control is an elderly rat who is beloved by all the townsfolk of Diggington. Unfortunately he is also The Mole for the Big Bad.
- Abhorrent Admirer: Ryan is an overweight mole who openly shows romantic interest in Maggie the bunny.
- Break the Cutie: Mungo enters this since the death of his father. He loses interest in his daily activities and has gotten afraid of leaving his mother alone.
- Big Eater: Ryan. He is particularly enamored with workplace vending machines.
- Catchphrase: The Boss telling his lackeys to Make Him Happy. At the end when he is finally foiled its reversed to the Boss shouting "I'm Not Happy".
- Cats Are Mean: The Boss is an evil white cat sporting a mustache, and serves as the Big Bad of this story.
- The Dog Bites Back: the Boss has a pet mouse that he frequently abuses. Eventually the mouse gets its revenge twice. First time by pressing the button to send the Boss into his own pond filled with piranhas. The second time when the Boss and Zenya are in a blimp and the mouse fires a large fireworks rocket at it.
- Dumb Muscle: Louie, a large surly cow lacking in the brains department and a henchman to the Boss.
- Evil Corporation: Raven Corp. which is buying up mines, and headed by the Boss.
- Femme Fatale: Zenya, a sexy Russian Mink and one of the two henchmen for the Boss.
- Funny Animal: All characters are anthropomorphic animals.
- Gadgeteer Genius: Hedy is good at inventing and fixing machines, and goes to work doing this in the Diggington mine.
- Iron Chef: Mungo's mother does martial arts moves while preparing food, and she uses these skills against Zenya.
- Madeof Iron: The Boss can somehow survive his own Piranhas, and still stand, with just his legs gnawed to the bone.
- Memorial Statue: At the ending, Garth is posthumously honoured with a statue at the entrance of the mine, along with another one for Mungo who is still alive.
- The Mole: Control is secretly working for The Boss of Raven Corp. and is sabotaging the Diggington mine, and later on blows it up, killing Garth.
- Not So Stoic: Hedy is usually calm and collected and speaks in a monotone, but can shout her support for Mungo in the soccer games.
- Overly-Long Gag: The Boss uses a TV inside a car to talk with the villagers, the only thing is that the tv takes so long to come up that one of his henchmen falls asleep, a cow grows long hair, a rabbit woman gets pregnant and births multiple children, and three men get old and die.
- Piranha Problem: The Boss' lair has a body of water populated with fierce piranha.
- The Stinger: The post-credits scene has The Boss and his lackeys deciding what their filmed message should be, while the camera is very low on battery.
- Stock Scream: A worm does this when snatched up by a bird.