Marcianos vs. Mexicanos (in English: Martians vs. Mexicans) is a 2018 teen/adult animated sci-fi comedy film produced, written, and directed by Gabriel Riva Palacio Alatriste and Rodolfo Riva Palacio Alatriste.
The film features the voices of Adal Ramones (El Chacas), Martha Higareda (La Zafiro), Omar Chaparro (Martian King), Angelica Vale (La Tlacoyito), Eduardo Manzano (Don Calcáneo), and Jaime Maussan (As Himself). Produced by Huevocartoon Producciones (best known for the Huevos franchise), it is the company's first original (not part of the Huevocartoons series) project as it features an entirely human cast and an original story, in contrast to the company's previous productions. The film features El Chacas Reyes as the main protagonist and is aimed for a teenage audience.
A Mexican family, the Reyes, as well as their friends, Mirrey and Nene, were chosen by NASA to head to Mars in order to stop an army of Martians from conquering Earth.
This work provides these tropes:
- Art-Style Dissonance: The film's extremely raunchy humor heavily contrasts with its cartoony art style.
- Cyclops: Jacinto has one eye.
- Extra Eyes: The Martians have three eyes.
- Fartillery: This is portrayed as one of the skills Mexicanos have against the Marcianos. This is used to free people zapped frozen by the Marcianos.
- In one scene, the "finger pull" joke was utilized when El Cubano pulls El Frijols finger, which lets a large fart cloud rip and frees the zapped people in the area of said cloud.
- In a later scene, the Reyes family Andre their friends chosen by NASA free themselves from the pink plasma that they were zapped frozen in.
- Gasshole: El Arroz and El Frijol are two rather flatulent sons of La Zafiro. One scene involves El Cubano pulling El Frijols finger.
- Mexico City: The largest city of all the Americas is the main setting in the movie, where the Reyes family lives, and the Martians invade it. The movies logo also includes the Torre Latinoamericana, one of the citys landmarks, on it.
- Multi Boobage: Lola and the female Martians that the Martian king that keep him company have three boobs to go along with their three eyes.
- Non-Mammal Mammaries: The female Martians have a three boob variant of this trope.
- Visible Odor: Farts are represented by yellow green clouds.