Butt-Head: That's pretty cool. How many butts does she have?
Any female character with more than two breasts. The term originated (or at least, was popularised) by The Funday Pawpet Show's Simba, whose character, Arthur Bronswager, sings the parody song "Total Recallin'", which contains the line, "The best part was the girl with three breasts."
This is fairly common in parts of the Furry Fandom, mainly due to this being Truth in Television for most mammals. It's worth noting that this is almost exclusively done with female breasts—you'll probably never see a male furry with more than two nipples (unless this is a transgender or intersex person with breasts), even if he is in the same drawing as a female with more than two.
If it's a male character with extra equipment, you've got a Triple Nipple.
- The goddess(es) of the dead world in the manga, Gokurakumaru.
- One Kirby 4Koma depicted a hypothetical female member of Kirby's species with three pairs of breasts.
- In the Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi manga, during the horror film chapter, Mune-Mune turns into a "monster" with several dozen breasts.
- Softenni: One of the extra episodes features a pair of synthetic breasts modeled after the busty character, Chitose. They wind up attached to her at one point. But since she's already so busty, they sit on top of her breasts, making it look like she has four giant boobs.
- Space Dandy:
- Rinko grew four more during mid-transformation into a cow in You Are Being Summoned, Azazel.
- 2000 AD:
- The DC Comics adaptation of Life, the Universe and Everything takes the "triple" in "Eccentrica Gallumbits, the Triple-Breasted Whore of Eroticon VI" literally — instead of having three breasts like the woman from Total Recall, she has three pairs.
- Wonder Warthog, a character by Underground Comics artist Gilbert Shelton, had 'hog-o-vision' which, in parody of Superman's X-ray vision, allowed him to see women naked and with eight breasts (the same number of teats as on a pig).
- Snixor, an alien in "Rule of Three", a story in volume 7 of the sci-fi & fantasy-themed porn comic XXXenophile by Phil Foglio, has three breasts in a horizontal line, with two vertically-arranged nipples on each breast. She's also a hermaphrodite, with a retractile penis hidden inside a groinal pouch and an external vagina. All of these are put to use in the resolution of her Love Triangle with the humans Omar and Trilby.
- White Sheep (RWBY): Nora implies this in order to pass as a Faunus. When someone asks her to show her Faunus trait, she covers her chest and calls him a pervert. Then she claims to be a cow Faunus, and everyone tries to avoid looking at her chest.
- Rocketship Voyager. Among the crew there's an Urban Legend about an ensign called Sonya who got a high dose of radiation that gave her three breasts.
- Played for Laughs in Adam Sandler's Eight Crazy Nights with Mrs. Triplenipple— I mean, Mrs. Selman...
- Adult rated cartoon The Big Bang features a villain whose torso is nothing but breasts.
- The Last Unicorn has a three-breasted harpy.
- Gandahar has Bizarre Alien Biology with numerous breasts on a woman.
- Parodied in Ronal the Barbarian: Alibert, the horny bard, mentions a land with a race whose females have six breasts in a fantasizing manner. Ronal coldly reminds him that's a race of pig women.
- It seems to be a fetish for its creator Picha, because a previous movie of his, Tarzoon: Shame of the Jungle also featured its main villainess having seven pairs.
- During scenes taking place in The Zit, the seedy nightclub of Osmosis Jones, several dancers with three breasts can be seen in the background.
- Many of the beats in Dumb And Dumberer were similar to those of its predecessor. Case in point: Lloyd's Fantasy Sequence concerning hot women. As they crowd around him at a pool party, the scene opens with him capping off an explanation of why women only have two boobs... except for a woman offscreen, who he points out is still hot despite having an extra boob.
- Galaxina has a triple-breasted space hooker, too. But it has Avery Schreiber, so the total number of boobs comes out even.
- Played for Fan Disservice at the end of Ginger Snaps, where Ginger, as part of her transformation into a werewolf, has grown extra teats down her chest and abdomen much like a female wolf would.
- Good Luck Chuck has Stu's wife with these, and he's delighted by it.
- Inverted in Kung Pow! Enter the Fist with Whoa, who is referred to in-story as the "one-boobed chick".
- The sleazy 1980s horror film Necropolis features a normally two-breasted witch grow two more pairs in order to breastfeed all her demonic minions. Yeah, it's that type of movie.
- The Running Gag in Paul has the two protagonists show off their comic art to various characters, with the character front-and-center having three breasts. At one point, two of the agents following the protagonists and Paul ask if they should add a fourth, but that is treated with disgust.
Everyone: Whoa, three tits. That's awesome.
- The large dancer in Jabba's Palace in Return of the Jedi was a six-breasted Askajian.
- Played around with in The Silence of the Hams during the "Psycho" Shower Murder Parody scene.
- The Cat Girl/Lap Dancing kitty that Kirk beats up in Star Trek V: The Final Frontier. She might be a Draylaxian, as this unseen race is said to have three breasts.
- Sported by a mutant hooker in Total Recall (1990). The 2012 remake has her too.
- There actually is a porn movie named Triceratits, but then there would have to be, now wouldn't there?
- The cheesy '80s hair rock/sci-fi B movie Vicious Lips features a triple-breasted hooker showing off her assets near the beginning of the film.
- In the outrageously bad 1984 Sword and Sorcery flick The Warrior and the Sorceress, there's a brief scene with a four-breasted exotic dancer (although the extra pair are glaringly fake.)
- Invoked in Arizona Werewolf, riffed on Mystery Science Theater 3000 as simply Werewolf (1996). Crow mentions that the very... ample female love interest, now a werewolf, would have six breasts. Servo is both terrified and aroused by the thought.
- "Der Butt" by German literature Nobel laureate Günter Grass has Aua, the three-breasted "ur mother". Ur Daddy scares the surplus breast off.
- In Feet of Clay, when Cheery notes about how hard it is to be openly female and a dwarf, Angua (a werewolf) muses internally that at least she doesn't feel like she should be wearing three bras sometimes.
- Way back in Equal Rites, a caravan-trail from Zemphis to Ankh-Morpork runs past a mountain called the Paps of Scilla. Speculation about the lady it's named after are centered on this trope, because it's got eight peaks. (Probably a reference to the Paps of Jura in the Hebrides, which has three peaks.)
- In the Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser stories, one of the Gray Mouser's girlfriends was an albino wererat with eight nipples.
- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy makes periodic references to Eccentrica Gallumbits, the Triple-Breasted Whore of Eroticon VI. Rumor has it that her erogenous zones start several miles out from her body.
- Among the Ursine Aliens of the Hoka series, the females have four breasts. This can pose tailoring challenges, depending on what costume is appropriate to whatever fiction she's currently living.
- The novelisation of Total Recall (1990) was not Piers Anthony's first encounter with extra boobage; a minor character in Mute is a three-breasted mutant.
- The Woof Writers, a werewolf couple in Robert Asprin's Myth Adventures series, say that this is how they can tell tourists dressed up as werewolves: they only have two breasts. The main characters consider this Too Much Information.
- The Redemption of Althalus: The Fertility Goddess Dweia is deeply offended that one culture depicts her in statues as looking "like a whole herd of brood sows".
- In a variant, one local goddess mentioned in John Brunner's The Traveller in Black is depicted in statuary as a woman with hundreds of nipples all over her body.
- The Uplift Universe provides us with the Tymbrimi, fox-like empaths with four breasts (derived from ancestral nipples). They can also make themselves appear more like other species (including humans) through some odd biological process.
- Desiree Dupree from American Horror Story: Freak Show. What made her a freak was not only having three breasts, but also being a fully-functioning hermaphrodite. Or so she thought. Turned out she had a hormone imbalance that caused her to grow a third breast and an elongated clitoris.
- Angel. A triple-breasted hooker is seen in a demon brothel in "Couplet". Unfortunately she also has a Glasgow Grin. Yeesh!
- In The Big Bang Theory episode "The Eggsalad Equivalancy", Sheldon spills the beans to HR about Howard's using University funds to construct a 'six breasted sex robot'.
- In a variant, Nursie from Black Adder II made herself a cow costume with three udders.
- Roz's Star Trek obsessed unwanted admirer sends around an office petition for the producers to introduce the character of Rozalinda, the four breasted Space Vixen and ruler of the planet Rozniac. When Frasier compares the tribute to Robert Browning's poems to Elizabeth Barrett Browning, Roz asks if Browning ever wrote a poem giving Elizabeth two extra breasts.
- During The Stinger, Roz receives a gift - a multi-boobed bra. When she puts in on in amusement, her co-workers outside the booth start bowing, saying (as anyone with any level of lip-reading can see), "All hail Rozalinda!"
- Invoked in the second season of Game of Thrones, when Varys mentions to Tyrion Lannister that the favored deity of the Summer Isles is a fertility goddess with sixteen breasts. Tyrion, being a notable lecher, jokingly suggests that they should abandon their soon-to-be besieged city and sail away to the Summer Isles instead.
- In the How I Met Your Mother episode "Trilogy Time", Barney Stinson plans on inventing "back boobs".
Barney: The visual stimulation of missionary meets the emotional detachment of doggie style.
- On Legends of Tomorrow, Mick writes a sci-fi romance novel where the heroine's a Purple-Skinned Space Babe with three breasts. In the episode "Tagumo Attacks!!!", he uses a Reality Rewriting book to bring said triple-breasted space babe to life and has sex with her. Afterwards, he considers a revision to his novel: "I was thinking about a fourth boob."
- One episode of Married... with Children has Al Bundy mention his fantasy of being with an alien woman with three breasts. When asked what the third breast is for, he says it's on the back... for dancing.
- In the Mystery Science Theater 3000 riff of Werewolf (1996), Crow comments that big boobed Werewolf!Natalie will probably have three rows of breasts. Servo gives a combination Squee / Squick noise, saying, "I don't know how to feel about that."
- Red Dwarf,
Captain Hollister: I wonder what the female of the species is like.The Cat: Pretty easy to please in bed. Especially if you play the piano.
- In one episode, Cat is examined by the ship's doctor, who points out his non-human status to the captain by calling attention to his six nipples. This leads to the following exchange:
Lister: Imagine making love to a woman with six breasts.Rimmer: Imagine making love to a woman.
- In "Waiting For God", Rimmer fantasizes about making love to a beautiful alien woman with green hair and six breasts when he believes that aliens inhabit the pod that the ship has just picked up. Turns out that it's a smegging garbage pod.
- Implied in the pilot episode of Star Trek: Enterprise, when Mayweather mentions that he's been to the planet Draylax.
Trip I heard the women on Draylax have—
Mayweather: Three. Yeah, it's true.
Trip: You know that firsthand?
Mayweather: Firsthand, secondhand... thirdhand.
Trip: I guess growing up a boomer has its advantages!
- Star Trek: The Next Generation:
- Gene Roddenberry originally wanted Deanna Troi to be of the four breasted kind, but his wife convinced him that it would be a bad idea.
- It's mentioned (to an alien ambassador) in another episode by Captain Picard about how the women of a specific planet had "three of them".
- The Super Beast, Unitang from the Toku show Ultraman Ace is a Monster who's body possesses EIGHT breasts altogether.
- One episode of The Young Ones started off with Neil dreaming he was on a Dallas-style TV program, opening credits included. When the "credits" showed cast members of this imaginary program, listed actresses' roles included the Dumb Blonde With Big Tits, the Dumb Blonde With Big Tits Who Drinks Too Much, and the Big Blonde With Dumb Tits, who had breasts on the front and back of her chest (total of four).
- As mentioned above, the parody song "Total Recallin'" with the line "Da best part/Was da girl with three breasts."
- According to Busted's song Year 3000, in the future triple breasted women go around naked.
- This Gossip poster◊ for "Afterparty".
- At one point of Skylar Greys Cmom Let Me Ride music video, a woman gets three breasts from plastic surgery performed by Dr. Grey.
- French-Canadian series Les 2 Minutes du Peuple has "Snack Bar chez Raymond" where a girl sports three boobs.
- There are a number of ancient cultures, such as the Inca, which depicted their fertility goddesses as having multiple breasts. Scholars have debated whether the Ephesian statues of the goddess Artemis have multiple breasts as well, but the more accepted view in recent years is that the breast-like objects on the statues are part of the goddess's costume.
- Hindu goddess Meenakshi had three breasts at birth. She loses one of them when she meets her husband, Shiva.
- Some versions of the Amazon legend depict these warrior-women as inverting this trope, amputating one breast so it won't get in the way when they draw back a bowstring. As women who practice archery today don't have any such problems, feminists have suggested that the depiction is due to men being uncomfortable with the idea of strong women, and therefore an Amazon has to give up part of her womanhood for strength. (It may have originally simply been an etymological myth to explain the word "Amazon," which was likely from an Iranian or non-Indo-European language but was interpreted in Greek as "a-" + "mazos," "lacking a breast." This would explain why Amazons weren't consistently so depicted.)
- The Funday Pawpet Show:
- The show is Trope Namer through an off the cuff remark turned Catchphrase by castmember Simba, althought it took a very long time for any multiboobed characters to actually appear.
- As of episode 409, this is apparently true for Lilly Voop, the female fox puppet. Discovered when the resident endangered seacow and Dirty Old Man Hugh Manatee invented a new game: Honk-A-Boob.
- In Dungeons & Dragons 3rd Edition, female gnolls were depicted as having six breasts. This is a bit odd, given that gnolls are supposed to be humanoid hyenas, which unlike canines or felines only have a single pair of mammary glands.
- FAPP (NSFW):
- 2nd Edition, a.k.a. Advanced Fapp, has the Multi Mutation, which can be applied to your Tits or any other Asset (which are basically body parts). The rules for it are: "If you use this Asset multiple times during your turn, the second and any subsequent uses gain Advantage. If this Asset is attacked multiple times in the same turn, the second and any subsequent attacks gain Advantage. Attempts to remove this Asset instead remove this Mutation."
- 3rd Edition, a.k.a. Fapp Climax, has the Multi Mod, which is basically the same as in 2nd Edition but running off of 3rd Edition's mechanics, as explained here: "Attacks and Contests made with or against this Asset roll twice and take the higher roll. If this Asset would be removed, remove this Mod instead."
- An occasional motif of followers of Slaanesh, the Chaos God(/dess) of Pleasure in Warhammer Fantasy and Warhammer 40,000. One iteration of the models for the Daemonettes had anywhere from two to six breasts apiece. These were later changed back to more "traditional" styles (which could have zero, one or two breasts, most commonly one), to... mixed reactions. The Greater Daemon "The Keeper of Secrets", however, seems to commonly have six.
- Female Iskai from Albion have two sets of breasts (and typically wear diagonal bras that leave two exposed), while the men have two sets of pectorals (nipples included).
- The Broodmothers of Dragon Age: Origins, which used to be women who were corrupted by the taint, display this trope and are completely unclothed. They are far from being arousing, however, as they are bloated, pale, vomit-smeared monstrosities with Combat Tentacles who exist only to produce thousands of darkspawn. The Mother of Dragon Age: Origins Awakening is only slightly less disgusting, resembling more of a conventional human female. But don't try to kiss her if your mouth only opens one way.
- The Alien Queen in Duke Nukem Forever. Duke would still tap that if he wasn't busy hurling explosives at it for a Boss Battle.
- Clotho, the third Sister of Fate, in God of War II. Like the above example, however, it's far from arousing. It doesn't help that her appearance here completely contradicts the original Greek myth stating that she was the most beautiful of the three Sisters.
- The Vortigaunts in Half-Life, despite being extradimensional aliens, have four nipples. It's never stated whether they're males/females/asexual or even mammals at all though they DO have navels which would mean they're placental; then again, they ARE aliens with a third arm growing out of their chest.
- Heroes of the Storm sports a rare male example in the "Greed" skin for Cho'Gall. A reimagining of the two-headed Ogre-Mage as a demon of greed from Diablo (with the second head being an imp on his shoulder), the model has four saggy breasts, each with three visible nipples. The skin was quickly dubbed "Trip Nips," by the fandom.
- The bizarre Oocca from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, which look like chickens except for their Uncanny Valley-ish human faces and their multiple sets of breasts (with exposed nipples, no less).
- Eve's pregnant form in the first Parasite Eve game dips into this territory, albeit sans nipples.
- Queen Atziri in Path of Exile has two pairs of breasts.
- The simulated Steelport of Saints Row IV has nude statues of three-breasted alien women in select spots, such as in the street right by its casinos.
- SturmFront: The Mutant War has a giant purple-skinned mutant woman boss, the Bossom Breed Mistress, who have three jiggling boobies. Kill her and your character will exclaim, "Shake your boobs!"
- The most common depiction of Satan in the Shin Megami Tensei series has several thin, saggy teats hanging from the humanoid part of his torso. He's also considered male.
- Diana however takes the cake with sixteen breasts. Seven alone are on her head. Tiamat has quite a few on her lower body's chest and some on her upper body's chest as well.
- The Nali from Unreal. While only males appear in-game, there are frescoes of Vandora, the Nali goddess of thunder.
- In Wing Commander: The Secret Missionsnote the Kilrathi priestess conducting the Sivar Eshrad ceremony on Firekka is shown with three sets of breasts, covered by a three-part bikini top type affair. note
- Littans in Alien Dice, have four breasts, Twins or triplets are the norm with Littans.
- Florence the wolf-girl from Freefall has at least eight (flat) mammary glands based on the number of censor bars that appear when Helix the robot's PG-rated visual system automatically protects her modesty.
- In El Goonish Shive, Tedd creates programmable magic watches that can transform the wearer into a preset form. Variants of that form can optionally be programmed into it and one of them modifies the form to have four breasts.
- Grrl Power: The original model for hot alien succubus Dabbler had two pairs of breasts. She still has four arms, though.
- Hellbound has a character with four breasts, described in-story as a case of polymastia. It only comes up once, when she's arguing with Guy about who's more of a universal Butt-Monkey.
- Two examples in Magellan - the first a six breasted cat-woman who helps cadets design their costumes, and utterly subverted in the second case with a six-breasted male alien, even the other characters are confused.
- Parodied in Oglaf, of course. Gags that come to mind are "Isle of Tits" (a tribe of merfolk has been stealing shipments of breasts because their women don't naturally have any), "Gussy Up!" (a cosmetic sorcerer is trying to sell stick-on breasts that may or may not be parasitic abominations), and "Plenty" (a girl who has modified her body for extra breasts gets busy with a guy who has modified his for extra penises).
- Penny Arcade
- In Poppy O'Possum Kit's stepmother and Vix's mother has three pairs of breasts second panel. Artists' notes state that's the case for all women of their species but current fashion only emphasizes the top pair.
- Makes an appearance in this Wurr page (second to last panel).
- Yoki and this is justified because she is actually they, a set of conjoined twins and their bodies didn't completely split nor quite completely fuse, leaving them with four breasts, two arms (one for each of them), and four legs.
- The Biker Mice from Mars episode "Stone Broke" featured an alien villainess known as the Stonecutter, who had four breasts to go with her four arms.
- Due to Captain Hero's tampering with the time stream in the Drawn Together episode "Terms of Endearment" results in the ENTIRE HUMAN RACE becoming humanoids composed entirerly of breasts.
- Family Guy
- This flashback in which Meg dates the Count from Sesame Street.
- Peter also declares Mary from Total Recall to be his ideal woman in the episode "Fish Out of Water," regardless of the fact that her third breast was fake.
- In another episode, Brian grosses out Peter by shaving off his fur and showing Peter that, like other dogs, he has multiple pairs of nipples.
- Jimmy Two-Shoes has several background characters like this.
- Metalocalypse: In the Dethklok music video "Castratikron", the titular monster is a Medusa-like creature with six breasts.
- Nu, Pogodi! has a pig relaxing on a beach in a bikini... with multiple bras.
- In Rick and Morty episode "The ABCs of Beth", Jerry's rebound girlfriend is a blue alien with three boobs. And two vaginas to boot. And when her ex-boyfriend shows up, he's shown to have three nipples as well.
- In the "Kramer vs. Showgirls" episode of Robot Chicken, an Enterprise crewmember is enticed by the description of alien women with ten breasts apiece.
- While Zygon puts out a bounty out for Orin in Starchaser: The Legend of Orin they briefly have a bar scene in which a three breasted dancer in seen in the background.
- N'tik on Tripping the Rift has three breasts but is one of the less attractive examples of this trope as she's a centaur-like Starfish Alien.
- The pilot for Ugly Americans features a blue-skinned woman with eleven breasts and no head.
- The medical conditions polymastia and polythelia, while they occur rarely in humans, do evoke this trope. However, due to such conditions only forming on milk lines for mammals (armpit to hip on either side), having it like Total Recall (1990) is very much Artistic License Biology.
- Girls and women with polythelia might grow breast-like fatty tissue and milk glands under their extra nipples during the Breast Expansion associated with puberty or pregnancy. This could also hypothetically happen to a trans woman undergoing hormone replacement therapy.
- In 2014, a woman named Jasmine Tridevil claimed to have gotten cosmetic surgery to add a third breast a lá Total Recall, but it is now believed that the story was a hoax.