When Porky Pig arrives at a big city, he tries to find a hotel room, but due to a convention, there doesn't seem to be any vacancies. When he finally finds a hotel's single vacant room, he's informed that he'll have to share it. After turning in for the night, Porky's roommate, who turns out to be Daffy, loudly comes in and makes a racket that keeps him awake. Throughout the night, Porky tries to put up with the duck's antics in order to get some sleep.
Tropes appearing in this cartoon:
- Blanket Tug O' War: Daffy keeps taking the blanket off Porky. Eventually, Porky takes the whole thing and Daffy responds by putting his cold feet under Porky, which shocks him out of bed.
- Elevator Gag: When Porky takes an elevator to the hotels thirtieth floor, he promptly finds out the elevator is jet-propelled, in stark contrast to the slow-talking operator.
- Gainax Ending: After Porky threw him out of a window, Daffy gets even by painting a morning scene on the window and tricking Porky into thinking that it's time to wake up. Daffy then leads the still groggy Porky out the window, convincing him that he's getting on a train. Daffy closes the curtain as soon as Porky steps off, but then he hears a train whistle and opens the curtain. To his surprise, the view outside has changed to Porky on a train leaving the station! Daffy has this to say for the Iris Out:Daffy: That's silly. I should've given him some magazines to read on the trip. [Jumps around going "hoo-hoo!"]
- Gratuitous Foreign Language: Porky wishes Daffy good night by saying "Buenas noches." When Daffy asks what "bonus noches" means, Porky replies that it's Spanish for "Bon soir." Daffy then asks what "bon sewer" means, and Porky says "It's French for 'Buenas noches'." Daffy is about to ask a third time, but gives up.
- I Take Offense to That Last One!:Porky: T-T-That does it! You web-footed, n-n-no good, two-timing, d-d-double-crossing, unsanitary old snake in the grass!
- Instant Bandages: After Porky drops him out the window, Daffy shows back up, covered in bandages. He discards them before proceeding to get even.
- Instant Ice: Just Add Cold!: Daffy's cold feet are literally encased in ice.
- Not-So-Imaginary Friend: Hymie, Daffy's invisible kangaroo, seems to be real enough; the door closes when Daffy invites him in, and Daffy is able to ride in his pouch, with only his head visible. Even so, Porky won't believe he's real.
- Shout-Out: Daffy's invisible kangaroo friend Hymie is a clear reference to Harvey.
- There Is Only One Bed: and Porky has to share it with a crazy, hyperactive duck.