StrangeChat is a chatroom for “passionate individuals who dedicate their lives to the investigation and discussion of the paranormal in pursuit of the TRUTH.” It has four active users. And it’s just about time to start planning StrangeChat’s First Ever Real Life Meet Up! The dedicated regulars of StrangeChat have only one year before this event… and only one year to sort out their own emotional and supernatural baggage.
I'm Strange (And So Are You) is a comic about fringe science, internet friendship, and pursuing The Truth. It’s written and drawn by Moe Espinoza. Updates Mondays.
I'm Strange (And So Are You) provides examples of:
- Afraid of Blood: On the cast page, Rochelle has "the sight of blood" listed under her dislikes.
- All There in the Manual: More information about the characters is available on Moe's Tumblr
- Big Brother Instinct: Patrick has three younger sisters. According to Word of God, this trope is one of his primary character motivations.
- Cast Full of Gay: Of the four main characters, not one of them is straight. (Patrick and Rochelle are both gay, and Sydney and Leo are bi and pan, respectively. Rochelle is also trans.)
- Character Blog: Leander keeps an in-character tumblr blog where he mostly reblogs pictures of the ocean and answers the occasional question.
- Color-Coded Characters: Each of the four main characters has a main colour theme: Sydney is pink, Leander is blue, Patrick is green, and Rochelle is purple.
- Conspiracy Theorist: Sydney has a "psychic bigfoot" theory, and is only 30% sure that the moon is actually real.
- Crush Blush: Patrick is prone to this around Leo.
- Curtains Match the Windows: Leander has both blue eyes and blue locs.
- Gentle Giant: Patrick is the tallest of the group at 6'6", but he's also incredibly gentle and sweet.
- Gilligan Cut: Patrick says "She's not gonna just get lost!" Cut to Sydney saying "I'M LOST!"
- Hypocritical Humor: Sydney elbows Goggles out of the way because she's frustrated that they're wasting time asking PJ about strange and unusual happenings in the area... and then immediately proceeds to ask PJ about strange and unusual happenings in the area.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: Patrick and Sydney have a nearly two foot height difference, so she only comes up to about the middle of his chest.
- Lampshaded Double Entendre: When Rochelle calls Patrick.Rochelle: No time! Emergency threeway!Patrick: Stop. Stop calling group calls that.
- Long-Haired Pretty Boy: Leander. Just... Leander.
- Meaningful Name: Sydney Strange is VERY enthusiastic about anything and everything that even hints at being paranormal or supernatural.
- The Mothman: Sydney sees something that looks very much like Mothman.
- In this comic, Sydney's bookshelf includes Marble Hornets, House of Leaves, and what can only be the Animorphs books.note
- Sydney has a Mika poster on her wall.
- Rochelle wears a Lemon Demon shirt, and has a Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge poster.
- Sleepyhead: Leander "can and will fall asleep anywhere vaguely comfortable", including on Patrick.
- Teens Are Short: Subverted. Rochelle is 19 and 5'9" (taller than 21-year-old Leander), while Sydney is 17 and 4'7", but Sydney has also been stated by the author to have some type of dwarfism.
- Three-Point Landing: Sydney does this when jumping out of bed.
- With Us or Against Us: Sydney says pretty much exactly this when she's mad with Bobby for not believing her.