Marble Hornets is a Psychological Horror webseries and one of the key players in The Slender Man Mythos. It ended in June of 2014, but has since been continued in a comic, written by Troy Wagner and illustrated by Jackie Reynolds. The first issue, Regards, recieved a digital release on February 25th, 2019, with plans to later release it as a physical book.
The story begins some time after the events of the webseries. Jessica Locke has a steady job at a shipping company and appears to have moved on with her life, but when she meets a mysterious masked man while on a delivery, it becomes clear that she cant hide from her past forever.
The Marble Hornets comics provide examples of:
- Ascended Extra: Jessica was a fairly minor character in the original series, only appearing in a few entries and having little bearing on the plot. Shes the protagonist here.
- Book-Ends: The webseries ended on driving. The comics begin with driving.
- Call-Back: According to bonus commentary, Jessica using a pipe as a weapon was a small callback to Alex doing the same in the original series.
- Charge-into-Combat Cut: How the scene at the abandoned house ends. Jessica swings her pipe at Skully, and the scene cuts away to a woman finding Jessica lost in Rosswood.
- Creepy Doll: The comic briefly features an old woman who collects eerie dolls. It isnt particularly plot-relevant, though.
- Cryptic Background Reference: Adam and the podcast Jessica listens to reference strange things happening in Rosswood before Marble Hornets.
- Don't Go in the Woods: In Marble Hornets tradition. The Operator first appears in Rosswood Park.
- Genre Blindness: Going into the spooky woods haunted by a monster to make a documentary about said monster? Sounds like a great idea, Adam.
- I'm Melting!: Jessica hallucinates her doppelganger removing her face and melting into sludge.
- Painting the Medium: During Jessicas breakdown, the panels become jagged and erratically-shaped, with edges like torn paper.
- Pipe Pain: Jessica briefly uses a discarded pipe as a weapon.