I Killed the Hero?! is a comedy/fantasy comic that makes fun on gaming tropes in every shape and size.
In the world of Ultimate Destiny 2, Striker, the Hero prepares to embark on his journey the night before the game begins while the NPCs rehearse their one line of dialog. Ludwig, a Blacksmith NPC and Strikers best buddy, is charged with crafting the Heros first weapon (its the weakest weapon in the game, but, hey, its something). Too bad Striker ends up impaled on that sword before he can begin his quest! And unfortunately for all the NPCs in Starta Town, the bad guys arent too picky about wrecking the place, hero or no hero.
Looks like its up to a certain Blacksmith to hammer things back into place
Read the comic here.
This comic contains examples of:
- Almighty Janitor: For a Blacksmith NPC, Ludwigs pretty tough, especially when it turns out his Determinator aspects leak into his stats.
- Badass Crew: the group Striker is supposed to gather together, which Ludwig now has to do, if they want to defeat the Scarlet Army.
- Berserker Tears: Miranda gets this while chewing out the townsfolk.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Ludwig and Miranda are both very nice, friendly people. You dont want to mess with them.
- The Blacksmith: Ludwig's NPC trade.
- The Chosen One: Striker. It turns out later to be The Chosen Many while Ludwig, the Unchosen One, takes on the task of gathering them all together.
- Cool Old Guy: The Elder keeps a level head and is a generally likable guy.
- Determinator: Ludwig never gives up.
- Doomed Hometown: Starta Town, and Miranda is smart enough to know it. Ludwig manages to save it, though.
- Fiery Redhead: Although Miranda is a Nice Girl, shes also got a pretty sharp tongue even when shes in captivity.
- Foregone Conclusion: Sure, Striker seems like a nice fellow and would make a fine hero. But you did see the title, right?
- Game-Breaking Bug: Striker isnt dead, hes just glitched, but the story cant properly progress without him.
- The Hero Dies: Well, yeah. Except, no. Hes just been glitched.
- Ignored Enamored Underling: Oxford seems to have a thing for King Satan. In fact, he all but says so after Ludwig kills him.
- Keet: Striker is a pretty excitable guy.
- Meaningful Name: Mr. Pudge is indeed pudgy.
- Mr. Exposition: The Elder delivers quite a bit of plot information.
- Non-Player Character: Everyone but Striker. But then
- Sword of Plot Advancement: Played with. Its supposed to be the sword Striker starts with, but, well either way, it did end up affecting the plot.
- Tears of Remorse: Poor Ludwig wears his regret on his sleeve.
- Ungrateful Bastard: Every single NPC except for Miranda, Mr. Pudge, and the Elder write Ludwig off at best and at worst rub it in his face that Striker is dead.
- When All You Have Is a Hammer...: Ludwigs Weapon of Choice, given thats hes a blacksmith and all.