Crazy Sunshine began as a webcomic series in 2005, was renewed in 2011, and ended in 2014 after 185 strips.
Crazy Sunshine provides examples of:
- Alt Text: Inside jokes can sometimes be seen when moving the cursor over images.
- Art Evolution: The characters gain multiple new redesigns throughout the years.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: The author and characters sometimes speak directly to the readers.
- Edible Theme Naming: The creator has stated that the characters are purposefully named with candy/sweets as the theme.
- Even Evil Has Standards: Despite Lacie's race being hell-bent on making the planet's dwellers miserable, she aids in saving the universe from time to time in order to protect her own hide.
- Fiery Redhead: Daifuku is an interesting play on the trope. She is a skilled swordsman that is too nice for her own good. However, being possessed by the spirit of the evil emperor Mochi, she is known for bouts of unrelenting anger, despite never having any recollection of what just happened.
- Fun with Acronyms: Shelbie's squadron name is "S.U.G.A.R", which stands for stands for the "Super Guardian Angel Regiment".
- Gadgeteer Genius: Peppermint, age 11, has made countless creations including sentient house cleaning robots.
- Highly-Visible Ninja: Daifuku wears bright, diverse colors. Getting a second mouth in her gut hasn't exactly improved her stealthiness, either.
- Robotic Reveal: Peppermint soul is embedded into a robotic chassis.