A mysterious Total Drama Fan Film that's been appearing and vanishing on Youtube, animated (or created?) by someone only known as "Hijotee", who admitted to taking drugs in a semi-related video.
The fic is odder than it sounds. Nine of the contestants from Canonnote along with Original Character Joshua (who looks like Cody only with different colored hair and outfit) are put into five teams of two in a(n unnamed) reality show/summer camp hosted by Chris. They compete in challenges (which are usually some form of racing) for points. Nobody is eliminated, and the team to get up to three points wins.
However, one thing making it noticeable is the main pairing. Cody is paired up with the original character (who disturbingly looks like him). Because of this, the film was torn between several hating flamers and people who just go "What, Cody isn't gay like that", to the point where eventually Hijotee got several accounts hacked and videos removed, and eventually they got a defending fan club.
The fic can be found on YouTube by searching "hijotee total drama" or "hijotee william country", though other people or an alternate account of Hijotee will put up parts of it. They are usually uploaded out of chronological order and not all of the fic, so even then it's hard to follow. Hijotee's friend has uploaded entire six-part movie in high quality; where Hijotee himself has confirmed that they will try to keep the video online as much as possible.
After seeing the positive reception his movie is getting thanks to Memetic Mutation, Hijotee has announced that he's going to be working on an extended cut of the ending of the movie where Cody and Joshua get their proper reward for winning the competition and move in together once they get back to L.A.
Unfortunately, Hijotee has lost interest in finishing the cut. Hijotee’s friend has shared of what the premise could have been.
William Country provides examples of:
- Adaptational Heroism: Chris is noticeably nicer and less sadistic than his canon counterpart. He only gives the campers three, relatively harmless challenges and states that everyone will be rewarded provided they finish the challenges early.
- Adaptational Jerkass: Gwen is depicted as rather...aggressive.
- Adaptational Nice Guy: Heather is still a bit mean, but she's far from the ruthless, manipulative bitch she was in the show.
- *Bleep*-dammit!: The censorship in this is rather inconsistent. Sometimes words are bleeped, sometimes they aren't. Sometimes "sleep" scenes are shown, sometimes there's a cutaway. This is possibly lampshaded when a screen pops up saying that the film is unrated.
- Breakout Character: Cody is the center of the plot, to the point where there are some people who don't even really speak.
- Crack Fic: Literally. The author — or at least animator — has admitted to taking drugs more than once.
- Cuddle Bug: Cody and Joshua do a lot of hugging throughout the film. Among other things...
- Death Is Cheap: Characters have lives in this world — or something. Cody and Owen each die and there's a scene of them in a white void with a "continue" screen.
- Demoted to Extra: Everyone who isn't Cody, the OC Joshua, or Chris. Katie and Sadie don't even talk until near the final challenges, Owen only has a few lines, Gwen even fewer, Heather also does not have that many lines and only tries to be the villian once, Duncan and Trent are mute and do not do anything plot related, LeShawna is also mute and only won a challenge, and the other campers either don't show up at all or are just reduced to cameos/small appearances.
- Freeze-Frame Bonus: Hijotee provided one early in the film where he comes out of the closet and reveals he has a crush on a male classmate...named Joshua.
- Funny Background Event: When Cody and Joshua are introducing themselves in the first ep, LeShawna can be seen in the background, running around and flailing her arms while presumably screaming.
- Hair-Trigger Temper: Gwen is seen shaking with rage at a lot of points, and she assaults Cody for no reason.
- Half-Human Hybrid: Possibly an error, but in the video, Lindsay is seen at the beginning of part three running with everyone else in the background (despite not being in the game), then grows wings and flies (hard to see, but still). Then, it turns out that she has talons as feet.
- Left Hanging: The series ends with everyone simply going home without any sort of payoff for Cody and Joshua winning the competition. Hijotee mentions that it's because he ran out of steam by that point and just left off with them leaving. Thanks to the reception that a new HD uploading of his series got, he's mentioned that he feels inspired enough to go back and finish the ending as he originally intended.
- Like Brother and Sister: Gwen claims that she and Owen are like this.
- Mind Screw: The film is uploaded out of order most of the time. The titles don't help: the beginning could be named "Total Drama [recent season name here] part 3" while a later part could be named "Total Drama [recent season name here] part 1". Or all could be "Total Drama [season] Episode 1 part 1". Not to mention all the bizarre sequences, such as a random playthrough of a Guitar Hero clone.
- Never Trust a Title: The words "William Country" never appear anywhere in the video and don't appear to have anything to do with it. This is one of the least weird things about the whole thing.
- Nice Guy: Joshua is the first one to make an offer of friendship for Cody.
- No Sense of Personal Space: Cody and Joshua are all over each other within only a few moments of meeting. In all fairness, a good majority of that is innocent hugging/cuddling, though a close second would be groping and, in Joshua's case, neck licking.
- Obligatory Swearing: Owen ("I'm fat, I can't carry that shit!"), Chris ("...Just get to the [BLEEP] thenth challenge!"), and Cody ("I'm fucking Canadian!").
- Off-Model: A few instances.
- One such is Trent in the mine cart challenge, where he doesn't have any hands through out most of it.
- Eva is seen in the bus at the start of the first episode. It looks like the animator used stock art to represent her, but didn't edit it properly: half of her head is cut off in the shots.
- Pair the Spares: Every team (except Katie and Sadie, along with possibly Owen and Gwen) appears to be in a relationship. Especially Trent and LeShawna, even though they were never seen talking.
- Palette Swap: Joshua is one of Cody, and a color swapped Lindsay comes out of Cody's house at the beginning to say goodbye.
- Plot Hole: Cody says he's from "L.A.", but later a word bubble says he's "fucking Canadian."
- The Quiet One: Trent, Leshawna, and Sadie.
- Samus Is a Girl: Hijotee, apparently, who was actually the animator while the fic was written and voiced by two friends. However, either they all take drugs or said friends easily let Hijotee's Big-Lipped Alligator Moments slip by, or Hijotee was making it up.
- Self-Insert: Both fans who like and fans who dislike the film believe that Joshua might be one of these, acting as a stand-in for Hijotee so that he can date Cody in his fanfic. The fact that Hijotee actually does seem to have a crush on Cody probably helps.
- Serious Business: People actually hated how Cody was with another guy, and this was probably the biggest reason for the hatedom. Ironic, given that in this fandom the most popular Cody pairing is with a guy.
- Sexy Discretion Shot: Played straight the first time Cody and Joshua sleep, but then averted.
- Ship Tease: Joshua and Cody, and this:Owen: I'm going to be with this really hot chick [Gwen].
- Sound-Effect Bleep: Oddly used and averted in various places in the film. The bleeps are near the end, for some reason, even after the fan film gave a message that it was unrated.
- Take Our Word for It: Nearly everything about this film, unless we have the whole thing in a way that it's not vanishing all the time.
- Understatement: Chris says that the first challenge (canoe racing) is a "little intense" as in: starting out be a water fall and racing up stream.
- What Happened to the Mouse?: Some campers appear in the bus at the start of the episode, but are never seen outside of this.
- Yaoi Fanboy: Hijotee is most likely one — after admitting that he considers this film something of an Old Shame, he went on to state that the Cody/Joshua parts were the only parts he enjoyed.