Each short look into a snippet of Minutia. Whether looking at the lives of the Fiends, the Slugs attempting to thwart them, or a combination of the two, they highlight the personalities of the characters that are only small blips in the game.
The web shorts often connect with the game, having their own page in the app to watch them, along with various challenges around the time of release that give trivia questions and Fiend outfits related to the short.
- "Boot Camp" Released May 25, 2017
- "Visit Minutia" Released September 1, 2017
- "Fort of Hard Knocks" Released July 18, 2018
- "Baby Slugs Day Out" Released September 13, 2018
- "Howies Gift" Released January 10, 2019
- "Tempers Adventure" Released June 27, 2019
- "The Immortal Cockroach" Released September 12, 2019
The shorts provide examples of:
- A Day in the Limelight:
- "Boot Camp" and "Fort of Hard Knocks" focuses on the Slugs, only having the Fiends show up at the very end.
- "The Immortal Cockroach" focuses on Lapoleon, with him being the only Fiend in the short.
- All-CGI Cartoon: The series is done in all CGI, in contrast to the games 2D style.
- Animated Adaptation: Of the Best Fiends game.
- Assassination Attempt: The plot of "The Immortal Cockroach". The Slugs have a crack team of assassins sent out against Lapoleon, who they have mistaken for the Fiends leader. Unfortunately for the Slugs, hes unkillable, being a cockroach.
- Big Fancy House: "The Immortal Cockroach" reveals that Lapoleon lives in one.
- Camera Abuse:
- "Howie's Gift" ends with a botched magic spell launching Howie into the camera, slowly sliding down in pain after.
- "The Immortal Cockroach" starts to end the same way, with an explosion launching Lapoleon into the camera. Instead of reacting in pain, he simply peels himself off, dusts himself off from explosion ashes, and walks away as if nothing happened.
- Failure Is the Only Option: According to "Boot Camp", the slugs flat-out set themselves up to fail and get defeated by the Fiends. Those who succeed at the slugs' training gauntlet will simply be put through it again only to get walloped worse than they would have been if they had just failed the first time.
- Hidden Purpose Test: The short "Howie's Gift" tells the story about how Howie, the wizard lizard, managed to get his "greatest gift" when he was younger, going through three tests to prove that he is brave and kind of heart to earn a power beyond his wildest dream. It turns out he was always a wizard. The gift was how he got his British accent.
- Somebody Set Up Us the Bomb: Hank and Roger's scheme in "The Immortal Cockroach", posing as delivery men to give Lapoleon a delivery. Lapoleon's more irritated at how cliche the "bomb trick" is, rather than it being a bomb in itself, since he's immortal.
- Sound-Effect Bleep: The episodes bleep out Howies swearing, referencing how hes forced to self-censor himself around the others thanks to his bad mouth.
- Standard Snippet: "The Immortal Cockroach" uses an instrumental of "La Vie en Rose" through the short, fitting Lapoleons French manner.
- Tampering with Food and Drink: In "The Immortal Cockroach", one of the attempts to off Lapoleon is a plate of poisoned fruit. The fruit itself is obviously wrong, coated in an obvious cloud of green poison, but Lapoleon, being a cockroach, eats it no problem and belches out the poison. The Slug that was attempting to poison him is dumbfounded, and eats a remaining single cherry to see how he failed, only to immediately keel over.
- Those Two Bad Guys: Hank and Roger, two Slugs that are the worst when it comes to being antagonistic, even as much as they try. Despite being horrible at being bad, they still end up on top a lot of times, at least compared to the other Slugs.