- Lots of disasters happen all the time so maybe TB 5 uses an AI to handle most of them and dispatch agents from all over the world to them. After all, it is International Rescue and it is stated that there are agents all over the world with their own craft (as well as exploding beans) and the Thunderbirds are the elites in charge.
- Imagine Richard Ayoade voicing brains.
On-screen, the justification for International Rescue's secrecy is glossed-over.
Logical conclusion: Brains got his advanced technology from the future, and the secrecy is an attempt to avoid damaging the timeline too badly.
- My guess is he's a Time Lord.
- Oh... So would that explain why their hair stays so perfect?
- Speaking of hair, it would explain how the five sons of apparently the same mother and father are black-haired, brown, blonde and ginger...
- According to the official canon, the Tracys did have a mother, but she died.
- What's this "official canon" business?
- The Complete Thunderbirds Story states that she died in an avalanche whilst on a ski trip, an accident that also claimed the life of Grant Tracy, Jeff's dad.
- Hey, just because they had a mother doesn't mean she's the sole biological mother. Perhaps she was able to act as a mother before that accident. (it's an insult to consider adoptive mothers as less than real.) Or perhaps even state-of-the-art cloning tech hasn't come up with a better incubator than a living human female.
- As an extension of the above, the reduced population has resulted in a technologically advanced world with virtually no scarcity of fuel or resources.
- Various Captain Scarlet material among Gerry Anderson material (mainly Century 21) state there was an Atomic War spanning 2028-2034 (which took the lives of Captain Black's parents) so that idea may not be that far off.
- and no one is simply walking around. Have you seen how hard it is to get a puppet to walk properly!? As we've seen in Thunderbirds and other Supermarionation shows, the people seem to rarely walk anywhere; the Tracey's get to their craft with barely a few steps, Captain Scarlet had spinning desks and travelators galore... people in the future are just lazy!
- Or through a car crash.
- Or in an avalanche during a ski trip.
- Or through childbirth during an avalanche in a car!!! Hey, it could happen!
- Or through childbirth during an avalanche in a car IN SPACE!!!
- Oh God, not "The Hack Masters"... Anyone but those teenagers!
- That's what they wanted you to think. Two uber-pesky "Turbo-Charged" teenagers are far more relatable than 40-year-old Government scientists.
- You mean... it's real?!
- When us normal folks go into outer space, I call dibs on the extraterrestrial puppet hunk!
- What do you mean, they're puppets? They've had shows on late night telly.
- The thunderbirds are the ships, not the people.
Jeff Tracy would mastermind the operation, while his sons operate the Thunderbirds.
Think about it. It makes perfect sense!
- What, those rich layabouts with no day jobs? Get real.
- Yeah, I mean have you seen Tracy island? There's no way for Thunderbird 2 to land, with all those palm trees in the way.
- Next you'll be claiming that wealthy socialite and fashion icon Lady Penelope Creighton-Ward is, I don't know, a secret agent or something.
- He died during a training accident (but not a Training "Accident"), possibly being ridiculously irresponsible with the original Thunder Bird 6. After his death, Jeff decreed Walt never existed, and his sons complied. This also explains his reticence in creating a "new" TB 6.
- Jeff was all for creating a Thunderbird 6, he said as much to Brains at the start of that film. His only problem was that Brains TB 6 designs were pretty much just specialist pod vehicles (hello, TB 4) not main TB craft.
- walter? clever...
- In The Man from Mi 5, Parker is wearing an outfit just like Rorschach's, minus the mask. Look it up if you don't believe me.
- The Hood died many years ago, what you see of him is actually his vengeful spirit trying to ruin ruin the lives of innocent people.
- His eyes glow yellow, he uses psychic powers and he hurts his half brother without being any where near him. Sounds like something a ghost would do.
- International Rescue on most occasions seem to be unaware of him, despite causing the most problems. His Temple doesn't hasn't been discovered in a highly technologically advanced world.
- You what else hasnt been discovered in this highly technologically advanced world? Tracy Island. OMG International Rescue is run by zombies!!!!!
- He can pull of disguises quite easily, without even trying.
<<|Wild Mass Guessing|>>