Our protagonist Igarashi Yuna (called Ito Yuna in the fan translation due to space issues) is a student in her second year of high school who has just moved to a new city and transferred to the prestigious St. Louis high school. There she'll get acquitanced with a vivid cast of Bishōnen suitors: the mysterious and awkward Mio, the harsh but kind-hearted Kyosuke, the flirtatious wannabe rock star Soya, the lazy Takumi, the energetic and slightly mischievous Rikka, the wealthy student council president Yuto and her homeroom teacher Tsukasa. From now on, she'll have to handle her studies, friendships and newfound romances.
An Otome Game developed by D3 Publisher for the PlayStation Portable in 2010, it sets apart from similar raising sim games by giving the player the opportunity to start dating a boy since early into the game, breaking up with him, cheating and being cheated on... instead of the usual fare of pursuing a boy and obtaining his confession as ending.
The game obtained a fandisc subtitled Natsu Koi!!, expanding the Beach Episode part of the central game, a sequel titled Storm Lover 2nd!! set in the same school but with a different set of characters, and an Updated Rerelease subtitled Kai!!, with redrawn art and former friend Tsukasa upgraded to pursuable character status. The latter received an English translation by jjjewel on July 2015.
A Play Station Vita port for both main games was released in 2016.
This game also provides examples of:
- The Beautiful Elite: Yuto, heir to a prestigious clan and student council president.
- Blonde, Brunette, Redhead: Wakana is the blonde with her bleached hair, Naomi is the brunette and Misaki the redhead.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Chihiro and Tsukasa will inform the player about the system at the beginning of the game and add to consult the game's psysical manual in case you don't understand something.
- The Casanova: Sota, the flirtiest boy in the cast.
- Cast Full of Pretty Boys
- Elaborate University High: St. Louis High is incredibly big and prestigious, supposedly because it's inspired by an English high school (which explains why the teachers don't mind about clothing and relationship restrictions.
- Gender-Blender Name: Usually, Rikka and Mio are girl names.
- Girlish Pigtails: Misaki.
- Headphones = Isolation: Kyosuke wears a couple on his neck.
- Hello, [Insert Name Here]: The player may change Yuna's name at will.
- In-Series Nickname: Soya gets Tatsun and Misaki gets Mimi.
- Megane: Chihiro.
- New Transfer Student: Yuna.
- Second Year Protagonist: Yuna.
- Senpai Kouhai: Both Yuto, Mio and Naomi are Yuna's senpais (although Mio doesn't feel comfortable when Yuna calls him as such) Rikka and Misaki are in first year, thus are her kouhais.
- Younger Than They Look: Naomi looks to be already in her twenties, being extremely tall, pretty and with... well assets, but she's still a third-year high school student.
- Your Cheating Heart: The player can (and is sometimes encouraged) to cheat on their boyfriend to pursue another suitor.