It's the mid-to-late-15th century, and a young girl named Elcin Floarea is living a quiet, content life with her mother, her father, and her brother. However, all that is ripped from her one day when her parents are slaughtered by the forces of Prince Dracula, who also kidnaps her brother. Taken in by a kindly man named Christian Rosenkreuz and his wolf Silviu, Elcin wants nothing more than to end Dracula's existence, and rescue her brother.
She gets her chance in 1462, when Mehmed orders Dracula's head be delivered to him. First he just sends Radu, Konstantin, and Christian. However, after some cajoling, he allows Elcin to go along as well. So, Elcin begins her quest to rescue her brother, and kill the man who orphaned her.
The game was released on February 28th, 2020.
Wallachia: Reign Of Dracula contains examples of:
- Action Girl: Elcin. She was already a capable archer at the time she lost her family, and years of training afterwards have only refined her skills.
- Anti-Heroine: While removing Dracula will save many people from his cruelty, Elcin is primarily driven by personal revenge. She has no qualms working under Mehmed, who is in many ways similar to Vlad, to achieve her goal.
- Boring, but Practical: The standard arrow attack is this. Can be fired endlessly and aimed just like the special arrows that take ammo.
- Bow and Sword in Accord: She battles the hordes of Dracula's army with a sword, and a bow and arrows.
- Charged Attack: You can fire charged arrows by holding down the "fire arrow" button.
- Degraded Boss: Enemies similar to Barbaros (modified versions of his sprite) are encountered later in the game.
- Double Jump: Elcin can do this.
- Double Weapon: Barbaros, the first boss, wields a double-ended blade weapon.
- Inexplicable Treasure Chests: The game has these. They require keys to open up.
- Item-Drop Mechanic: A lot of enemies drop items when defeated.
- Rewarding Vandalism: You can gain items by breaking objects such as barrels.
- Spikes of Doom: This game has spikes that will damage Elcin if she touches them.
- Spread Shot: One of the arrow types allows Elcin to fire three arrows in three directions.
- Ungrateful Bastard: During Dracula's attack against the camp, Mehmed would be killed if it wasn't for Elcin's intervention. He still keeps bossing her around with not a single "thank you". Not helped by how the two were already quite at odds.
- Villain: Exit, Stage Left: Both Yvonne and Dracula flee after defeated.