The boss levels include Spider-Man villains such as Venom, Scorpion, the Lizard, Green Goblin, Electro, Sandman, etc. The Kingpin seems to be the Big Bad, and then it turns out to be Doctor Doom instead.
Of course, this is just one of several video games about Spider-Man. See here for a list.
- Actually a Doombot: In pure comic book style, the heroes find and defeat Doctor Doom... who turns to be just a robot double.
- Attack of the 50-Foot Whatever: If Venom is tough, wait until you fight a two-stories high Venom.
- Canon Foreigner: The bosses may be comic book characters, but not the many mooks found around. Even in Latveria, the player fights some weird apes instead of the Doombots that should be expected.
- Doppelgänger Spin: In the last stage, there are several Venoms, but only one of them is the real one.
- Evil Laugh: The Green Goblin makes one when he first shows up.
- Expy: The more common Mooks look like those from the Hellfire Club of X-Men, yet have battlecries that sound like the Shocker Combatmen from Kamen Rider.
- Gratuitous English: The final stage spells Latveria as "Latvelia".
- Light Is Not Good: If Doctor Doom starts glowing, stay away from him. He will release a big deadly ray, and even touching him hurts.
- Kick Chick: Black Cat in this case.
- Ragtag Band of Misfits: Unlike the Spider-Man of today, where you can't even swing a stick without hitting a major Spider, Spidey didn't have much in terms of allies, thus he gets saddled with Hawkeye and Namor along with Black Cat.
- Rival Final Boss: Immediately following Doctor Doom's final defeat, Venom swoops down for one last encounter with Spider-Man - along with numerous copies of himself.