The plot is vague, but simple. You control a creature called Spewer, while the Doctor observes you. These tests are all physics platforming levels involving Spewer's ability to... spew... puke to propel himself around. Throughout the game, Spewer will be fed pills that allow him to spew clouds, high-power puke, tar and acid in five chapters of increasing difficulty (and a bonus X chapter.)
Tropes present in this game:
- Bonus Level: Chapter X.
- Grotesque Cute
- For Science!: The stats for each level sometimes coldly display some... ethically questionable statistics. Downplayed in that it's not serious criminal activity, just things like "interns fired", "ideas plagiarized" and an ambiguous "laws broken". Subverted, since he is actually trying to save his daughter.
- Hammerspace: The puke seems to be contained in a vial in the level.
- Hyperactive Metabolism: Fruit is liquified immediately when eaten.
- Jump Jet Pack: The main function of green and red puke. Green puke gives you only a slight boost, while red puke propels you even higher.
- Level Editor
- Phlebotinum Pills: They give you new puke abilities.
- Power-Up Food: Fruit, which fills up the puke gauge substantially.
- Powers as Programs: You gain various skills via pills.
- Solid Clouds: The white fluid in second part, while not solid, floats unlike the other ones, plus looks like Bubbly Clouds. The black one fits the trope more closely, since it completely stays.
- Super Spit: Your main ability.
- Walking Head: Spewer is basically a head with a tiny, easy-to-overlook tail.
- Waterfall Puke: Literally.