Taking place after the events of A New Hope, a scoundrel named Dodger Boon and his crew face the pressures of the Empire's hammer coming down hard on various rebellions throughout the Galaxy, all while snaking their way through the criminal underworld.
Its target release date was Spring 2018. However, as of late October 2017, Visceral Games was shut down by Electronic Arts, and with that, Project: Ragtag was met with cancellation and the possibility of retooling.
Tropes in this cancelled project include:
- Canon Immigrant: The Anzat species from Republic are recanonized, along with them being Force-sensitive (or at least Zanni is).
- Continuity Nod:
- Early game footage of Mos Elrey had graffiti of a rebel starbird on one of the arches. Assuming it was by Sabine, this also means there was a Noodle Incident or is Foreshadowing of Sabine going to Tatooine.
- Concept art showed ISB Agents on Tatooine.
- A superweapon created from or against a material native to a hero's homeworld and is used against the people they care about by turning their bodies into... not flesh... also happened in Rebels.
- Mythology Gag: Doc's appearance is based off of Ralph McQuarrie concept art.
- Schrödinger's Canon: It is currently unknown if the game's story is still canon to the Star Wars Expanded Universe, as fellow cancelled items such as Uprising and the unfinished episodes of The Clone Wars were cancelled but have been expressed by Word of God to be told in another form in the future.
- Sequel Hook: Well, there was supposed to be a sequel, and it would've featured Robie as the protagonist.
- You Can't Go Home Again: Dodger ran away from Alderaan as a teen. Now, it's gone. Mos Elrey also gets wrecked by a superweapon.