- The Darkness Is Waiting For You...
Congratulations, and welcome to your new job at PAH Inc. (Paranormal Activity Helpers Incorporated). They say you won't be in any danger, the pay is good, and as luck would have it, they have plenty of jobs lined up now. Your first assignment will be to investigate this old house. The broker wants to put it up for sale, but the locals have been spreading rumors of some evil thing there, which could really hurt his chances of selling it. Even he's starting to feel unsettled.
Anyway, we need you and some colleagues to check the place out. You could go it alone if you want, but I myself would feel better to have some backup. Explore the house, check for ghosts, and if you find any evidence of haunting, be sure to bring it back to us.
In addition to having single-player and co-op campaigns, the game also has PvP mode in which five PAH Inc interns can go up against each other to collect the most evidence to bring back, and from there be hired full-time. The players can actively push each other down and make them lose their keys and other items they have picked up in their mission.
Pacify contains examples of:
- Coop Multiplayer: Multiple players can investigate the house together.
- Creepy Doll: The house is full of these. They can even come to life.
- Haunted House: The setting of the game, naturally.
- Living Toys: The creepy dolls scattered around the house will sometimes come to life.
- One-Word Title: But of course.
- Player Versus Player: One of the modes has players trying to get the most evidence, which includes pushing other players down and making them spill their evidence.
- P.O.V. Cam: The game is played from a first-person perspective.
- Stringy-Haired Ghost Girl: The main enemy of the game is the ghost of a little girl that the players need to pacify.