Pacify is a novel length fanfiction series written on Archive of Our Own written by Chickenpets.
1. To allay the anger or agitation of
2. To reduce to a submissive state
He would do his duty. He would save Draco, if he could. He would protect the students, if and when the school fell to the Death Eaters. And Potter. As far as he was concerned, Potter could have whatever he wanted, now. What was the point of trying to tell him no if he was going to be sacrificed on the pyre of the greater good? If Potter wanted to learn, Severus would be his teacher. If he wanted a master, then Severus would make him submit. And if he wanted a lover... well. Severus would love him. And that was it. Anything else was a waste of time. And there was so little of that.
A complete reimagining of books six and seven (plus), running parallel to canon. And then a sharp deviation from canon.
Pacify provided examples of:
- Abusive Parents: The Dursleys to Harry, and the Snapes to Severus.
- Ax-Crazy: Voldemort, but what else is new?
- Band of Brothers: Harry, Draco, Narcissa, and Severus unexpectedly find themselves living together due to circumstances and actually enjoying each other's company. Harry, Draco, and Narcissa especially find an unexpected friendship with each other after the ways they helped each other both during and after the Battle of Hogwarts (and the war in general), and Ron has proclaimed himself to be Severus's "bro".
- Best Friend: Ron and Hermione to Harry. Though they initially had their misgivings as to Harry's relationship with Severus, both are more than willing to support their best friend in his decisions and even make overtures to befriend Severus as well.
- Blind Obedience: Despite his obvious disagreement with Dumbledore's plans, Severus still has no choice but to comply with the Plan that Dumbledore sets out.
- Brains and Bondage: Severus is established to be intellectual characters whose favorite past time is practicing BDSM with his lover, Harry.
- Clear Their Name: The Aurors take it upon themselves to imprison Draco and Narcissa in an attempt to save face after their failures both during and after the war. Harry is not having it.
- Coitus Ensues: Subverted, as the sex scenes in the series tend to be relevant to the plot and the development for not only both of Harry's and Severus's characters, but their relationship as well.
- Costume Porn: A brief segment when the gang (and Harry's magical powers) attempt to figure out how to fix Narcissa's wardrobe.
- Crack Pairing: Charlie and Draco did not interact in the original work, but have a relationship develop between them in Pacify.
- Deadpan Snarker: Severus Snape.
- Door Stopper: The series, as of the date this article was written, is at a whopping 579,530 words and is still ongoing.
- Et Tu, Brute??: Voldemort is given the rude awakening in the middle of the Battle of Hogwarts that Severus is not, in fact, loyal to him. He gets very upset about this.
- Everyone Loves Blondes: Draco is desired for his looks, but not exactly in a good way. It leads to quite a lot of trauma on Draco's end when some Death Eaters repeatedly attempt to force themselves on him, leading to him having no choice but to collude with Severus to keep attention off him through the means of carefully crafted lies and lots of Occlumency.
- Flowers of Romance: Flower motifs persist heavily throughout the work. A common occurrence is in the work is Harry summoning flowers that represent his internal emotions, and Severus using his extensive flower knowledge to explain their meanings. During the Desolation, Harry, Ron and Hermione return to Grimmauld Place to find Severus had left flowers in his room. Hermione realizes that the flowers are Severus's way of telling Harry that he loves him and is probably not as much of a villain as he portrayed himself to be at the end of their sixth year.
- Forbidden Love: As a matter of course, as Severus is Harry's teacher *and* a Death Eater spy. Not to mention the twenty year age gap.
- Hero Antagonist: Remus is very much on Harry's and the Order's side in the war, but spends quite a bit of the series butting heads with both Harry and Severus about their relationship and trying to separate them.
- Protagonist Power-Up Privileges: Harry gains magical power that allows him to conjure plants and heal people without any side-effects.
- Safe, Sane, and Consensual: Harry enjoys being tied up and spanked when making love with Severus.
- Slash Fic: The main couple of the series is Harry Potter and Severus Snape, with some Charlie/Draco starting to develop as a side couple.