Imagine Phantasmagoria shot at your house with a DVD camera and you'll get Metron, a Full Motion Video adventure game made specifically for DVD players, made by a little-known 'garage game developer' named Korban Laser Games.
The location is Korenevo, Russia. Polina, the protagonist, finds herself investigating a series of murders committed by the evil Metron and trying to avoid becoming a victim herself.
Download the game here and fear the power of the bloody bunny plush.
- And Knowing Is Half the Battle
- Bad Bad Acting: 98% of Metron's victims die with smirky smiles on their faces. Including Polina.
- Bloody Hilarious
- The Butler Did It: Oh, of course Mityai.
- Camera Abuse: Amateur movies do not work that way. Some places, however, have a fully static camera for some reason.
- Chekhov's Tack
- Covers Always Lie: The official cover, ehrm, drastically redesigned the protagonists and antagonists in one bunch.
- Heads I Win, Tails You Lose: Pick any bad ending, Metron kills Polina. Pick a good ending and Polina kills Metron... and then is being brought by Moscow's militia to the mental institution, while Metron cloned himself and went on rampage in the same city.
- Heroic BSoD: ...Korban Laser Games's website. Under reconstruction since 2004.
- Late-Arrival Spoiler:Metron wears the same sweater and boots during the entire game, so the 'Just believe me' moment at school won't be the first to reveal Mityai's true identity.
- Press X to Die and Press X to Not Die: You're being cornered by Metron. You'd better run. But wait, what would you do in this case: press the 'wrong' action button to see the bad ending and then warp to the same scene again or run away like many adequate people would? Can't think of it? Don't worry about it, after all there is time to think, and you've got plenty of it.
- The Many Deaths of You: Or, rather, The Many Evil Wins Of Him. Strangely enough, not invoked till the third DVD.
- No Budget: Obviously.
- No Export for You: This game wasn't released outside Russia.
- Stock Footage: Used straight in the ending.
- Wannabe Eldritch Abomination: Metron, of course. His father also fits his trope, because, you know... both of them are treated like these story wise, but don't have the appropriate look.
- Write What You Know: The game was filmed in Korenevo, the actors' home town. And yes, they wanted it to become famous.