- What are you doing here, Troper? It's dangerous here... You better leave...
Dreamy Rainbow is a series of short, Creepypasta fangames of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic created by PokeGamer2011; inspired by the Luna Game, and often considered to be its Spiritual Successor.
The Dreamy Rainbow SeriesTropes that apply to the entire series:
- All Just a Dream: The premise of the series, though it's more like a nightmare. The third game is apparently an exception.
- Body Horror: Pinkie Pie appears as a sort of walking corpse very briefly at the very end of the second and third game.
- Chiaroscuro: Most of the dream sequences have heavy foreground lighting.
- Creepypasta: A sort of Spiritual Sequel to Luna Game — like it, inspired by creepypasta stories.
- Interface Screw: Many through each game. For example, at the end of the third game, the player's cursor will momentarily shake out of control.
- Jumpscare: Usually of Pinkie Pie.
- Minimalism: The game's backgrounds and music are not very complex. Much of the dream takes place in grey and red areas with black platforms, while the music is often little more than a few notes or heartbeats.
- Mood Whiplash: Immediately at the start of each nightmare scene.
- Nightmare Face: Pinkie Pie and Twilight in the third.
- Nightmare Sequence: The setting of the first two games; the third was stated to be something Rainbow Dash was actually experiencing.
- Psychological Horror: Seems to be what Rainbow Dash is going through, as all of this happens in her dreams.
- Psychological Torment Zone: The nightmares.
- Spiritual Successor: To the Luna Game series.
- A Winner Is You:Well Done... Die Now!
- Ascetic Aesthetic: The entire setting is very minimalist and two-toned.
Dreamy Rainbow 2
- Addressing the Player: Without you even entering your name in. The game gets it from your user's name on the computer:Well... (USERNAME)?
- Angrish: Not Angrish, per se, but something along the lines of inane, garbled gibberish:
- Foreshadowing: Starting up the game during the daytime will just have it remain on a scene of Ponyville in the day. This quote tells the player what they should do:"You should really come tonight."
- Freeze-Frame Bonus: Towards the end of the game, a final Pinkie Pie duplicate appears, but this time she is bloodied and mangled. Static cuts the game off before the player can get a good look at her. This Pinkie appears again at the end of the third game, but it's much easier to see her appearance.
- Heartbeat Soundtrack: Plays through much of the dream.
- Self-Duplication: Pinkie Pie appears several times in front of Rainbow Dash before disseminating.
Dreamy Rainbow 3
- The Fourth Wall Will Not Protect You: At the end of the game, once again using the name of the player, it states "she" is coming.
- Jump Scare: When Pinkie Pie—with a maniacal expression—quickly sneaks up on Rainbow Dash, which then cuts to a closeup of Twilight's Nightmare Face.
- Heartbeat Soundtrack: Again a large majority of the soundtrack.
- Hellish Pupils/Black Eyes of Crazy: Pinkie Pie and Twilight.
- Homage: Princess Luna appears by Rainbow Dash at the end of the game. She then walks away and disappears, as a likely reference to the Luna Game series.
- Nothing Is Scarier: The scene at the gala abruptly cuts off to a creepy, moving picture of Pinkie Pie, then to a completely black area, with no music. Rainbow's expression changes to one of fear.
- Oh, Crap!: When Rainbow Dash's facial expression shifts from normal to increasingly frightened/terrified This is the only time in the series this happens.
- Tag Line:"No escape!""The first two games were only a dream...But the third one......Is going to reality!"
- Don't go...
Please... Come back...