Cars: Fast as Lightning is a village/racing simulator created by Gameloft inspired by the Cars series, made available for iOS, Android, and Windows 8.
In this game, Lightning Mc Queen has organized a Track Building/Racing Extravaganza so cars can come from far and wide to build their own racetracks and participate. The game is split into two structures:
- Racing: Race against other cars around a designated track.
- Simulator: Build Radiator Springs the way you want, collecting coins and gems.
This game provides examples of:
- Always Night: The Neon Races take place at night.
- And Your Reward Is Clothes: Winning a practice race will give a sticker for one of the car's paint jobs; collecting all of them will unlock a new one.
- Ascended Extra: Todd Marcus, one of the cars that raced alongside Lightning in the first film, has a big role here in the game. He's even the first car unlocked. Five World Grand Prix racers have big roles as well.
- Bookends: Lightning is the first car you race as, and, until the ICE update, the last car unlocked.
- Bring It: Your car says something like this when lining up at the start before the race begins. Lightning might say this when you open his quests and during a race if he boosts or does a trick.
- The Cameo:
- Doc Hudson appears in the background on the purchase screens.
- Frank and Colossus XXL appear on Mater's track.
- Bulldozers can be seen at Miguel's track in a pen near the center.
- Bessie appears when the town's road is being expanded to your likings.
- Cap: The game's maximum XP level is 50.
- Eleventy Zillion: In the opening just before the tutorial, Mater points out Lightning beat him "one-trazillion" times. Lightning decides to make it "one-trazillion and one".
- Evolving Credits: The opening screen changes with each update.
- Fake Longevity: The Team Events last for only a matter of days. Each one has a different time limit.
- Gameplay and Story Segregation:
- Lightning's home base is his pit here, whereas he sleeps at the Cozy Cone Motel in the actual franchise.
- Originally Guido slept at the Rusty Bumper. Later updates have him sleep at his Italian Ice Shop.
- Gotta Catch 'Em All: The goal is to beat all the races and unlock all the cars. Also unlock all paint jobs, if possible.
- Holiday Mode: During Winter months, snow covers Radiator Springs and the tracks. The town is even decorated during Christmas.
- Luck-Based Mission: Whether your car wins or loses, and which sticker for a paint job will be earned after winning. Sometimes it can be a same sticker as before.
- Slippy-Slidey Ice World: The Russian Races and winter updates coat the tracks in snow.
- Written-In Absence: Sally does not appear, on account of being in Los Angeles. Flo mentions this if she wants to go to the Cozy Cone Motel.