...Wait, no, that's not right.
Tropes that apply to Miijhal:
- Cloud Cuckoo Lander
- Mad Scientist (especially the 'mad' part)
- Large Ham
- Self Deprecating
- Grumpy Bear
- Shrinking Violet
- Amongst other things.
Tropes that apply to Miijhal's characters and worlds:
- The Hero: Doesn't really fit the role until near the end, where she starts to become more aware of her role in the war, the morality of her actions, and the damage she caused, and works to make up for it.
- Eye Scream: Soul urns must devour the left eye of their owner before they'll take commands. It's not a clean process.
- Mission from God: What she believes she's doing.
- Scars Are Forever: Her left eye is gone for good, and it's surrounded by claw marks.
- Skilled, but Naïve: Her lack of real-world experience and general ignorance of other cultures tends to put her in bad situations. Her ability to come up with plans and organize large groups of elementals quickly, however, keeps her from getting killed in such situations.
- Summon Magic: Soul urns allow the owner to summon elemental spirits who obey their every command. At a cost, of course...
- Dance Battler: The weapon she uses, which is essentially a weight braided into her hair, is used by spinning to give it momentum and guiding it with one's arms, which resembles dancing. Unsurprisingly, it's purpose is more for tradition and self defense than for actual combat, and isn't particularly useful against anything more than unarmed drunkards until elementals get involved.
- The Quiet One: Being devoutly religious, she rarely speaks so as to 'save her voice for the gods'.
- Made a Slave: Her entire ethnic group was forced into slavery to pay off the military costs involved in conquering them. The price of freedom is so high, however, that it's generational in nature, with individuals being unable to pay off their 'debt' in the entirety of their lives. Asmicca works as a dancer in order to pay of her debt, and only narrowly avoids being forced into prostitution by working as a 'backpub'.
- Lipstick Lesbian: She's a dancer whose romantic and sexual preferences are pretty obvious, and a 'backpub' is an employee in an illegal gay bar generally hosted in the cellar of a regular bar.
- Dark-Skinned Redhead
- Authority Equals Asskicking: His skill in battle began his ascent up the ranks, while his tactical genius and his loyalty to his troops are what landed him the position of General. He is more than capable of putting up a good fight.
- A Father to His Men: He's shown to care deeply about the welfare of the individuals he leads. Sometimes to a fault, because...
- Pride: He's an extremely prideful individual who takes the loss of his men and military losses very personally, which occasionally gets in the way of his rational thinking. He holds an extreme grudge towards Mihri because of the troops he lost to her, especially after finding out she was meant to be a decoy.
- Arch-Enemy: Plays this role until shit really hits the fan.
- Crapsack World: Very borderline. Racism, sexism, religious fanaticism, homophobia, slavery, war, and all that wonderful stuff plays a heavy role in the major cultures in the story. However, absolutely nobody is actually evil. There's a lot of misguided ideologies due to the cultures not having had the social movements needed to get beyond them, actions that are questionably ethical but done with good intentions, and actions that are done for the sake of survival where no solution that benefits all parties can be reached.
- Dark World: The main source of magic in the series comes from the 'Void', which is essentially an alternate reality comprised entirely of an bizarre form of nearly sentient matter that, when brought across can give will of various degrees to inanimate objects.
- Low Fantasy: Only one 'fantasy' race exists, which is a group of short, long-necked humanoids who nearly wipe themselves out through misuse of magic, get enslaved and outcompeted by humans, and then hide in small, insular communities while they await the extinction of their species. Magic is generally fairly rare, risky, and tends to be overshadowed by technology like gunpowder. Politics and clashes between cultures plays more of a role in the series than magical rings, dark lords, and gallant heroes.
Things Miijhal has contributed:
- Created the page for Oyasumi Punpun.
- Created the page for Ai No Shintairiku.
- Created the page for Style Savvy.
- Created the page for Suguri.
- The Parrot's Lament by Eugene Linden
- The Octopus and the Orangutan by Eugene Linden
- Tv Shows:
- Western Animation:
Things Miijhal is...
- Arch-Nemesis: Got my eyes on you. -Haven
- Mad Scientist: Beloved Lady Miijhal! - Aondeug, your ever loving minion who will add something more serious eventually
- Single-Issue Wonk, and I mean this in the best possible way. Seriouspost. - English Ivy
- Animal Testing: Usually literally, and catastrophically. It often involves chickens and goes wherever the wind blows from there. -:P
This page has now been violated.
This page has been violated twice.
Page has been violated thrice.
*hugs page* hi Miijii.
Hi, Miijii. Thnaks for the advice and help. - Tidal_Wave_17
Hollies, and Aerons, and Photons...Oh my! ~ HungryJoe
- What good would having admin powers be if I didn't abuse them? :P
"Gay As Tongue" needs to be a trope.
All hail the God Queen of craft world. No no its not boxes you need to worry about its her habit of greeting you by setting you on fire.- Tuefel
... - Evil Children
- Hello there! - Amused Troper Guy