- Actor Allusion: The Black Rider (played by Christopher Eccleston) pretends to be the village doctor.
- Box Office Bomb: Budget, $45 million. Box office, $31,400,740.note
- Creator Backlash: Director David L. Cunningham reportedly hated the film, citing Executive Meddling for the reason it became the trainwreck that it's remembered as.
- Creator's Apathy: The screenwriter freely admits he disliked the book and stopped reading it after a few pages. The director also admitted he didn't like fantasy movies, and only read the back cover.
- Disowned Adaptation: Susan Cooper absolutely hates this movie, and is not shy about saying so.
- Stillborn Franchise: The Seeker: The Dark is Rising was originally planned to start another franchise for Walden Media after the success of The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe. The movie, however, ended up getting savaged by critics and fans of the book series with Susan Cooper hating the film and demanded it to be removed from theaters (not to mention, having the worst opening for a fantasy movie upon release), so we might as well seek for a TV series adaptation.
- Technology Marches On: The only cell phones seen are flip phones, which is mentioned in the recap by The Agony Booth to make the film seem rather dated.
Trivia / The Seeker