- Acting for Two:
- Tomokazu Sugita for Wolf and Chinstrap.
- Actor Allusion:
- Apparently, Panda thinks that bad guys are cool. His voice actor can probably give him a pointer or two.
- During Setsubun, Penguin says Llama looks more like a butler than an oni.
- Grizzly's mother, when asked about her age, answers that she's seventeen. Her voice actress is Kikuko Inoue, who initiated the "I'm seventeen years old" meme. The other characters also note that she looks rather young to be Grizzly's mother, which is possibly a reference to Inoue's youthful mother roles.
- Crossdressing Voice: Rare male-as-female examples in anime: Toshiyuki Morikawa as Panda Mama, Nobuyuki Hiyama as a mother king penguin, Kouki Miyata as a mother red squirrel.
- Executive Meddling: According to Aloha Higa's twitter, the publisher went and commissioned the anime without her knowledge and she was repeatedly denied by the publisher and the anime studio to address her concerns. She has since come to terms with the anime studio, but has put the manga on hiatus because of her problems with the publisher. She later resolved her problems with the publisher and got her say in the character design and scripting process.
- Irony: Both Panda (three younger siblings) and Full-Time Panda (two daughters with a third on the way) have or are part of fairly large families. In real life, pandas are endangered and getting them to breed in captivity is... non-trivial.
- Playing Against Type: Toshiyuki Morikawa is known for playing Bishōnen men like Dante, Sepiroth, Katakura Kojuro and Yoshikage Kira, so his role as Panda Mama is quite surprising.
Trivia / Shirokuma Cafe