- Awesome, Dear Boy: Aaliyah starred in the film because she was a huge vampire fan, as well as being fascinated by Egyptian mythology.
- Billing Displacement: Aaliyah gets top billing despite not appearing until nearly an hour into the film. Of course the film was primarily marketed around the fact that this was her last starring role before her death.
- Disowned Adaptation: In contrast to the previous adaptation, Anne Rice felt this one was a disappointment that "mutilated" her work.
- In Memoriam: The film is dedicated to Aaliyah, who played Akasha, after her death from a plane crash.
- Non-Singing Voice:
- Lestat's singing was done by Korn's Jonathan Davis.
- Aaliyah's brother Rashad Haughton dubbed some of her ADR after her death. Special technology was used to make the voice sound more feminine.
- The Other Darrin: Stuart Townsend replaces Tom Cruise as Lestat after the latter declined to reprise his role.
- Posthumous Credit: Aaliyah, who played Akasha, died on August 25th, 2001 in a plane crash after shooting a music video in the Bahamas, a year before the film's release.
Trivia / Queen of the Damned