- Actor Allusion: Dutch's voice actor is no stranger to repairing, though thankfully more competent.
- Development Gag: The action climax in "A Better Tomorrow" is a slightly modified version of the pilot's ending.
- Fan Community Nicknames: Fans of the show tend to be called Motorcitizens.
- Fan Nickname: Red got the nickname Revengo from the staff.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: Since airing, Motorcity has yet to be released in physical format and hasn't gone into reruns.
- Out of Order: For whatever reason Disney XD chose to air the episodes of production order after the third episode. To make matters more confusing, iTunes accidentally put "Fearless" up for purchase several weeks before it was due to air, leading to some fans catching it early.
- Screwed by the Network: It's not been renewed on Disney XD for a second season. For all intents and purposes Disney XD never really gave the show a chance and Titmouse pitched the idea for 10 years before Disney even accepted it. Though there is some hope, as crew member George Krstic mentioned that Titmouse was having a meeting on bringing back Motorcity and Megas XLR.
- Star-Making Role: This show marked Kate Micucci's voice acting debut as Julie Kane, and has led to a consistent voice acting career afterwards.
- Teasing Creator: Ho-boy, they love to answer questions with "maybe"s.
- What Could Have Been: http://www.catsuka.com/news/2011-11-13/motorcity-par-le-createur-de-downtown-serie-de-titmouse-pour-disney
- There was also a more recent would-have-been pilot with several slight differences from the series proper, including Dutch being named "Luv" and Jacob being Mike's grandfather.
- There was to be another girl on the team named Holly, but she had to be axed as Disney execs claimed there would be too many female characters on the show.
Trivia / Motorcity