Mike and Chuck:
- Heterosexual Life-Partners
- They are pretty close◊ and have affectionate nicknames for each other: Mikey and Chuckles.
- Throughout the series they are physically affectionate, Mike often puts his arm around Chuck and Chuck runs to Mike when startled
- In "Power Trip" Chuck opts to stand up and hold onto Mike◊ when there is room on the vehicle to hold onto it/sit down like everybody else.
- Three episodes, "Blond Thunder", "Ride of the Fantasy Vans", and "Fearless" are Chuck centric episodes dedicated to developing the relationship between Mike and Chuck.
- In "A Better Tomorrow" Mike starts using a motorcycle after he self destructs his car to defeat the Genesis Pod. After seeing Mike on the motorcycle Chuck says, "You broke out the chopper without me? That was supposed to be our thing!"
- The show creators are openly supportive of shipping Mike and Chuck.
- An employee who worked on the show used the official character models to create this joke image◊
- After the second episode "Power Trip", one of the animators referred to the relationship between them as "sexual tension," and even drew a picture of Julie and Claire together to make it "fair to the ladies."
Julie and Claire:
- Heterosexual Life-Partners
- Childhood Friends
- Claire calls Julie by her affectionate nickname: Jules
- Claire is the only one who knows of Julie's deepest secret to the Burners
- The whole episode of "Julie and the Amazons" is rich with Julie/Claire Les Yay.
- Julie becomes intensely jealous of Claire's new friends in "Julie and the Amazons"
- The influence The Amazons have on Claire upsets JulieJules: What's with the haircut?Claire: Don't you love it? And my clothes were a mess so Foxy lent me this [gestures to matching Amazon suit]Claire: [squeals] She's so cool!Julie: Yeah she's uh, swellClaire: What's that supposed to mean?Julie: Nothing! Ugh I'm sorry I'm just not used to your, your new look
- The Amazons show Claire how cool cars, racing and Motorcity can be. Julie expresses jealously that she wasn't the one who changed Claire.Julie: We'll you lied to me about not liking cars and Motorcity!Claire: I didn't lie I just, I just didn't know.Julie: Funny! I've been trying to tell you for months but apparently I didn't have a cool enough wardrobe or haircut for you to listen!Claire: You know you didn't used to dress like that. Or talk about cars. Then you met Mike and, everything changedClaire: Everyone in Deluxe thinks the Burners are the enemy. Everyone. But I don't. You know why? Because you told me to believe in them. I always have your back.
- Claire defends the Burners because of JulieFoxy: You made it clear you don't care about The Burners. So why should I?Claire: Ok I know I rag on them sometimes and yeah they're totally weird. But they're loyal, and funny in their own bizarre way.Claire: And you know what! They make Julie happy, so that makes them my friends too.
- From the moment she first sees them, Claire shows the signs of a crush on The Amazons, a female-only gang.
- Claire's worst fear is marrying and having children with a man. Shown in "Mayhem Night" when the characters have disturbing hallucinations of their worst fear.
- Granted, she's probably just afraid to settling down.
- Claire being a lesbian is a very possible. She openly rejects Chuck's and other men's romantic advances, lacks attraction to men, and is infatuated by The Amazons, a female-only gang.
Dutch and Texas:
- Dutch and Texas sleep in the same bed together and practically snuggle◊ in "Vendetta".
- In the pilot Texas and Dutch share this exchange:Texas: My hands are registered as legal weapons!"Luv"note : Your breath should be classified as a legal weapon!Texas: Well then stop trying to kiss me!
- Dutch also likes to henpeck Texas as if they were an old married couple, example where this is evident is "The Duke of Detroit" and "Like Father, Like Daughter".
- The Duke of Detroit is very flamboyant, lacks boundaries with other men, loves attention, fashion, and his cars
- Jacob and Dr. Hudson have a history together. When asked what his favorite 'pairing' is an animator responded "Hudson/Jacob", "You never see those guys hanging out with anybody ever. If they don't have each other, who do they have?"
- Kane and Mike share Foe Yay, as early as episode 1...
- Kane: Backstabber! How could you chose this... this... sewer over ME!
- The petty fighting between Texas and Junior in "Robo Round-up" made it seem as if they had once shared a much closer relationship. The pairing was shipteased by one of Motorcity's animators before the episode premiered.