- Actor Allusion:
- Author Existence Failure: Or rather, character designer existence failure. With Clement Sauvé's passing, it makes the show's return from its exec-mandated "hiatus" even less likely.
- In Memoriam: The episode "Brothers of Light" was dedicated to lead character designer Clement Sauvé.
- Screwed by the Network: It was announced that after the first season is finished, the show will be going on hiatus in order to "keep creative continuity with the upcoming live action film." To say that this has left the show's future in doubt would be an understatement.
- And in the show's first run, the episodes were aired out of order. For better or for worse, they did this to time the two-part Christmas episode "Homecoming" correctly. This required additional shuffling around because Storm Shadow appears in it, so the also-two-part "Return of the Arashikage" had to be moved as well to introduce him first. After this, the airing order was correct.
- And the tie-in toyline got screwed by Hasbro as well, being hurriedly inserted in the 30th Anniversary assortments, suffering from loss of equipment to cut costs, show characters Airtight and Law being little more than 30th Anniversary toys shoehorned in to pad out the Renegades stuff and worst of all, the line being cut abruptly before the five main characters could even get a toy release (Roadblock got the shaft). Oi.
- The movie has been delayed for a year, postponing the series' fate even longer.
- The Wiki Rule: Joepedia, the G.I. Joe Wiki.
Trivia / G.I. Joe: Renegades