- Creator Backlash: Brian De Palma was not happy with the way that the chase on the beach was filmed.
- Executive Veto: Brian De Palma originally planned for this to be the first Hollywood film to boast unsimulated sex scenes. He also wanted to cast a real life porn actress as Holly. The studio thought differently.
- Inspiration for the Work: Brian De Palma came up with the basic idea for the story after working with a body double for Angie Dickinson's infamous Shower Scene in Dressed to Kill.
- Keep Circulating the Tapes: Since "Relax" was banned in the UK and MTV, Body Double was the only way many viewers could watch the video. A special video based on the film was released, featuring the villain inserted into the video.
- Star-Making Role: For Melanie Griffith. She herself credits this movie for getting her the roles in Something Wild and Working Girl.
- Uncredited Role:
- Steven Bauer makes a cameo as the Assistant Director of Holly Does Hollywood. (He was married to Griffith at the time)
- Rob Paulsen appears as a cameraman on the porn set.
- What Could Have Been:
- The original screenplay for the film was set in New York but the movie's setting was eventually relocated to Los Angeles.
- Jamie Lee Curtis and Carrie Fisher auditioned for Holly, but turned it down. Linda Hamilton turned down the role in order to prepare for her role in The Terminator. Brooke Shields was offered the role, but turned it down in order to study French Literature at Princeton. Brian DePalma considered casting real-life adult film actress Annette Haven in the role, eventually casting her in a cameo role As Herself.
- Kurt Russell was considered for Scully.
Trivia / Body Double