Priest (프리스트, Peuriseuteu) is a 2018 South Korean supernatural thriller series starring Yeon Woo-jin, Jeong Yu-mi, and Park Yong-woo. It aired on OCN from November 2018 to January 2019.
Oh Su-min is a Catholic priest who works with a group of exorcists. Ham Eun-ho is a doctor working in the emergency room. After Eun-ho witnesses a supernatural phenomenon she meets Su-min and her life changes dramatically.
Not to be confused with the 2019 South Korean series The Fiery Priest.
Contains examples of:
- A Minor Kidroduction: Su-min first appears as a child in the prologue.
- Christianity is Catholic: Two of the main characters are Catholic priests and no other forms of Christianity are shown.
- Cover Innocent Eyes and Ears: A very non-comedic example: Su-min's father covers his eyes so he can't see his mother's death.
- Demonic Possession: Happens to Su-min's mother and Woo-joo.
- Distant Prologue: The prologue is set in 1999. The main story is set in 2018.
- Drives Like Crazy:
- Yong-pil, even when driving an ambulance.
- Eun-ho also drives recklessly when trying to catch up with Yong-pil.
- Enemy Rising Behind: A possessed Mi-so sneaks up behind Eun-ho.
- Gory Discretion Shot: The death of Su-min's mother happens off-screen. All we see of it is a reflection in his father's eyes, which shows that she apparently died by having her neck broken.
- Gratuitous English: The thing possessing Joo-woo occasionally speaks English.
- Harmful to Minors: Woo-joo gets possessed, is stabbed, dies then is brought back, is almost strangled by a ghost, then gets possessed again.
- Jitter Cam: Used constantly throughout the series.
- Ominous Korean Chanting: Shows up occasionally on the soundtrack.
- Prophet Eyes: Most of the possessed people have them, including Su-min's mother and Woo-joo.
- Would Hurt a Child: Father Jeong stabs the possessed Woo-joo.