Mind of Mencia was a 200508 Comedy Central sketch comedy show starring comedian Carlos Mencia. The skits were usually geared toward controversial topics. Mind of Mencia can be seen as a Spiritual Successor to Chappelle's Show.
This series provides examples of:
- Acceptable Targets: George W. Bush came under fire more than a few times. A Running Gag was him being a "C-Average President."
- Catchphrase: "Dee dee dee!" Used to indicate someone who's Too Dumb to Live.
- Charlie and the Chocolate Parody: "Guilt Away Island" which was an amusement park-like place meant to help white people feel less guilty about all the horrible stuff their ancestors did to other races by making them do things like pick cotten candy out of a field in a way similar to the how the slaves did or going on "rides" that made them swim through shark-infested waters or ride in the trunk of a car crossing the border.
- No Periods, Period: Averted with an ipod no less. ("Fergie, Panic At The Disco... dude, your ipod isn't broken... its on its period!") Also, one of the cartoon shorts based on Carlos own childhood had him learn about periods when his sister got her first one.
- Surrounded by Idiots: A huge part of Mencia's comedy is ranting about how stupid different people are.