Kaiba: (offscreen) "It's bullcrap!"
The gang ride a train to Florida. Then Rex and Weevil show up.
- Bowdlerise: In the Japanese version, after Rex loses his duel to Joey his eyes are open in a way that gives a Dies Wide Open effect. However, when Tristan goes over to check on him, it switches to the American version of this scene, where his face has been edited to have them closed, producing a very noticeable Off-Model effect.Tristan: Oh no! Apparently the Seal of Orichalcos also makes a five-year-old photoshop your eyes closed.
- Broken Record: X, if you lose the duel, you lose your soul!
- Captain Obvious: For the record, I drew another monster card!
- Character Check: After having his characterization as an Expy of Beavis retconned in-universe by the Seal of Orichalcos to be more in line with his personality in the actual series, Weevil's last words before Yami gives him a No-Holds-Barred Beatdown are, heheh, this sucks.
- Disproportionate Retribution:
- Don't Explain the Joke: Rex wants to make sure you get his dinosaur puns.
- Gratuitous Japanese: Most of the infamously hammy Breaker overkill sequence.Yami: Dorō! Monsutā Kādo!Téa: No! Yamete! Yugi!Yami: Hanase!
- Hypocritical Humor: Yami says that he used to have Mushroom Man in his deck when he still sucked. Later, Mushroom Man is drawn as one of the cards he uses to defeat Weevil.
- Incredibly Lame Pun: Courtesy of Rex.
- It's All My Fault: Yami goes to another part of the train to cry some more about losing Yugi.
- Kick the Son of a Bitch: Joey laughing at a detail in Rexs re-telling of his fall from grace.Rex: Why are you laughing at my tragic backstory, Wheeler?!Joey: (laughing) A dog peed on you! Come on Rex, you should be proud. That was the first genuine laugh your character has produced on this show.
- Male Gaze: After Weevil activates the Seal of Orichalcos, its force blows Téa off the current traincar and onto the one behind her. When she finally lands, the shot focuses directly on her shorts.Yami: Téa! Did you make sure the viewers saw your butt when you fell?Téa: Yeah.Yami: Thank goodness for that; it was vitally necessary!
- No Kill Like Overkill: Dorō! Monsutā Kādo!
- OOCIS Serious Business: Téa notices that Yami is acting strangely as he usually loves Generic Brand Soda.
- Pre-Mortem One-Liner:Yami: You know it really is a shame. If Yugi were here, he might have been able to prevent me.Weevil: Prevent you from what?Yami: From doing this! I activate Berserker Soul! Now I must keep drawing cards, and for every Monster Card I draw, Breaker attacks! Buuut what are the odds that Ill draw a Monster Card?Weevil: Eh-heh! This sucks!
- Retcon: In addition to taking peoples' souls, apparently the Seal of Orichalcos also has the power to retcon character-design decisions, such as making Rex and Weevil sound like Beavis and Butthead.
- Suddenly SHOUTING!: I GOTTA GET IN THERE!
- Traintop Battle
- Tranquil Fury: Weevil shouldnt have ripped up that soul card in front of the Pharaoh.Téa: Pharaoh! Don't antagonize him!Weevil rips up the card that he claims has Yugis soul.Yami: (darkly) Okay, yeah. Thats the worst he could do.
- Villain Ball: During their duel, Yami points out to Weevil that instead of keeping Yugis Exodia cards for his own use and advantage, he stupidly threw them into the ocean just to be evil.
- A Wizard Did It: How does Dartz make the train passengers disappear? Magic.