Next: Supernatural S 06 E 17 My Heart Will Go On
...And Then There Were None
Written by Brett Matthews.
Directed by Mike Rohl.
Air Date: March 4, 2011.
Sam, Dean, and Bobby search for the Mother of All's most recent child, but run into trouble when they discover that Samuel and Gwen are also looking for the creature. As things deteriorate, Samuel and Bobby argue over the best way to handle the situation.
Body Count:For this episode = 11 humans and 1 Khan worm.
For the series so far = At least 461 humans (of which 6 were witches), 77 demons, 34 ghosts, 26 vampires, 19 zombies, 14 gods, 11 angels, 9 hellhounds, 7 skinwalkers, 6 changelings, 5 shapeshifters, 4 ghouls, 3 djinn, 2 Arachnes, 2 dogs, 2 werewolves, 1 crocotta, 1 dragon, 1 fairy, 1 Khan worm, 1 lamia, 1 okami, 1 rakshasa, 1 rawhead, 1 reaper, 1 rugaru, 1 shtriga, 1 siren, 1 wendigo, 1 whore of Babylon, and 1 wraith.
- Back for the Dead
- Badass Boast: "You're all gonna die. She's here. She's pissed. And there's going to be nothing but pain from here on in."
- Booby Trap
- Bound and Gagged/Duct Tape for Everything
- Crazy-Prepared: Of course Bobby has a cranial saw in his trunk.
- Does Not Like Shoes: Eve, who walks around barefoot.
- Dropped a Bridge on Him: Samuel, who is unceremoniously killed off despite being a rather important character. He is shot by Sam and electrocuted by Bobby and, well, that's it.
- Ear Ache/Orifice Invasion
- Eye Awaken
- Evil Sounds Deep
- Fake Kill Scare
- Killed Off for Real: Gwen, Samuel, and Rufus.
- Homoerotic Subtext: Loads of this, thanks to all the testosterone flying about. Bobby lampshades it:Why don't you three Get a Room!?
- Literary Allusion Title: And Then There Were None, an Agatha Christie novel, which popularized the Ten Little Murder Victims trope.
- Libation for the Dead: With a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue.
- Mama Bear: Eve describes herself as one.
- Noodle Incident: We never find out what exactly went down between Rufus and Bobby in Omaha—the story's interrupted every time. But both Bobby and Rufus hold Bobby responsible.
- Puppeteer Parasite: The Khan worm.
- This Is Unforgivable!: Rufus tells Bobby he will never forgive him for what happened in Omaha. Dean later says this was wrong, regardless of whatever happened. He and Bobby were a family, much like he, Sam, and Bobby are family and their lives are too short to hold grudges.
- This Ain't Rocket Surgery
- Shock and Awe: The worm's weakness.